GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ San Jose Sharks - 10:00pm - Sat. Oct. 12, 2013.

+10
NEELY
LeCaptain
wprager
garblar
PTFlea
Flo The Action
Bramlet07
tim1_2
spader
Ev
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 12]

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

The Silfer Server wrote:It was a mistake to put Ryan with Turris... Ryan has managed to produce playing on a line with Spezza, and the Turris MacArthur Conacher line produced based on speed and mobility. Right now we really don't have a dominant line at all to give the rest of the team momentum.

If Roger were still alive, I wonder at what point he'd have us wave the towels, because we are playing defeated.
You must have missed the first 5-10 minutes tonight.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I hope Cowen hasn't gone bad.

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:I hope Cowen hasn't gone bad.  
Give it a couple of years for both he and Weircioch to become consistent. They will both be very good.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I feel the same, but he's been defective so far.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It's the beginning of the year.

Everything will be OK.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, this'll be good to use as 'video'. Can't wait to get back home.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Oglethorpe wrote:
The Silfer Server wrote:It was a mistake to put Ryan with Turris... Ryan has managed to produce playing on a line with Spezza, and the Turris MacArthur Conacher line produced based on speed and mobility. Right now we really don't have a dominant line at all to give the rest of the team momentum.

If Roger were still alive, I wonder at what point he'd have us wave the towels, because we are playing defeated.
You must have missed the first 5-10 minutes tonight.
Nope, really didn't. Since the goal, even during the goal, we haven't been able to sustain any kind of pressure... Our goal wasn't even from sustained pressure against them. And the first 5-10 minutes didn't have the Conacher line being dominated at all. Good shifts lead to momentum shifts. I think the pulling of Anderson led to the change of play of the Sens, and moving Ryan to play with Turris. Not saying that line doesn't work, saying Ryan is still able to produce with Spezza, and Conacher with Turris and MacArthur has proven it works, so keep them together. We don't seem to be attacking with any kind of speed.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

This team needs to remember what it takes to be pesky.

Seriously.

They look lost.

The shot count over the past two games... unfuckingbelievable.

It's maddening.

They need to get home. Regroup. Recharge. Rediscover pesky.

GO SENS GO.

SENS4LYFE.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You don't need to be pesky, you need to be good.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

They need to be something. Anything. Not what they are now.

I hate blaming the schedule, but it sucks. Pre-season crap and then this Cussing start.

C'mon now.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If they beat Phoenix they are 2-2-1 to begin the year and have yet to play at home.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Throwback night indeed... felt like 2007... no lube... jeezus Diddle.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Beating Phoenix may be easier said than done. Who starts I wonder.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ev wrote:If they beat Phoenix they are 2-2-1 to begin the year and have yet to play at home.
You mean 2-2-2.

#justsayin

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:Beating Phoenix may be easier said than done.  Who starts I wonder.  
Coin toss.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

4 in a row btw...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

wprager wrote:
Other points:
1. Face offs are a concern.  Pageau is sub-30% and has taken the 3rd most draws on this team.

2. Michalek needs a demotion.

3. Put 1 and 2 together, and move Pageau up to the top line.

4. #FreeMika.  That would give us Spezza, Turris, Smith, Zibanejad down the middle.  I think we could win 40-45% that way.  No way they do that for today's game, no time (unless Melnyk still has a private jet stashed away somewhere).

Before the game I said the Sharks would destroy us.  I also wondered if Lehner would give us a chance.  Was right on both accounts.  Best players deserve to pay, so Lehner *should* get the start against Anaheim.  
Should've listened to me. Right now the team is extremely vulnerable. Giving up a goal on the 1st shot is brutal (although didn't Lehner do that too?) If the Sens cal get through 5-10 minutes against Phoenix unscathed they'll start to turn this around. But there are still things to fix:
1. Get Michalek off the top line. Not Bobby. Milo!
2. Get Pageau away from Neil/Condra -- that's Smith's spot. Move Pageau up to the top line wing to replace Michalek.
3. Bring Mika back.

Pageau-Spezza-Ryan
MacArthur-Turris-Conacher
Greening-Zibanejad-Michalek
Condra-Smith-Neil

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:4 in a row btw...
3 in a row for Bobby.  Just sayin'

Welcome back, btw.