GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Sens @ Pens :: Game 5, Round 2 :: 7:30pm ET :: Fri. May. 24th, 2013

+13
spader
Number Twenty Nine
Ev
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
NEELY
wprager
tim1_2
SensHulk
shabbs
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 14]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

#PeskyMotherNature

TEAM 1200 ‏@TEAM1200Ottawa

RT @globeandmail: Video: Heavy snow cancels 19th stage of Giro d'Italia http://bit.ly/ZiECZJ

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:There's no point questioning the lines at this point. It's just about trying to find lightning in a bottle, and sometimes something clicks when there's no logical reason.

Put Spezza out there with Kassian and Neil and play them 25 minutes...that might work. You don't know, but you gotta try something new.

Well, if I was wearing the 'stache the "something new" I'd try is giving Lehner the start. #RememberTheCalder

That'd be the biggest slap in the face to PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Sens @ Pens :: Game 5, Round 2 :: 7:30pm ET :: Fri. May. 24th, 2013 - Page 6 244481018 , who absolutely has earned and deserves to start the game.

The problem has nothing to do with goaltending.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

if they are tied or up after 10 minutes, they win the game. That simple.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:And now it's Kassian and not Conahcer. Not sure if this was a change in practice or if StLaurent mis-tweeted.

Diddle. I want Conacher back. :crossarms:

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

PMac mindfucking the media... wait until puck drop.

Wink

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:There's no point questioning the lines at this point. It's just about trying to find lightning in a bottle, and sometimes something clicks when there's no logical reason.

Put Spezza out there with Kassian and Neil and play them 25 minutes...that might work. You don't know, but you gotta try something new.

Well, if I was wearing the 'stache the "something new" I'd try is giving Lehner the start. #RememberTheCalder

I wouldn't. Anderson is the better goalie right now. That is all.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

You run with Anderson, he got us here.

Goaltending isn't the problem, the team played like they booked their tee times between game 3 and 4.

Let's face it we are outclassed by Pittsburgh. They'd have to mess up and we have to play a perfect game to win.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah, last game was the fault of the team playing in front of Anderson. Can't hang that on him. The team should feel shame for how they played in front of him, and hopefully come out with a much better effort tonight.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

#ragebeastmode .... ENGAGED!

PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Sens @ Pens :: Game 5, Round 2 :: 7:30pm ET :: Fri. May. 24th, 2013 - Page 6 3551229738

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Before mendes tweets about it, since he's known to remind ppl of trends and stats, I'll just go ahead and do it here:

- Sens have never once been tied after 2 periods in any of their playoff games
- Sens have trailed after 2 periods in 7 of 9 games so far
- 3 of the 5 sens playoff victories were come from behind when down after 2 periods

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

tim1_2 wrote:#ragebeastmode .... ENGAGED!

PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Sens @ Pens :: Game 5, Round 2 :: 7:30pm ET :: Fri. May. 24th, 2013 - Page 6 3551229738
Make it so.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:

Make it so.

This is the game that sends Ottawa into the third round... and beyond...

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:

This is the game that sends Ottawa onto the golf course... and beyond...

[/quote]

That's more like it.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Make it so.

This is the game that sends Ottawa into the third round... and beyond...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Sens @ Pens :: Game 5, Round 2 :: 7:30pm ET :: Fri. May. 24th, 2013 - Page 6 0f47d_ufc_159_predictions_tapology_aww-yea-meme-original

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:You run with Anderson, he got us here.

Goaltending isn't the problem, the team played like they booked their tee times between game 3 and 4.

Let's face it we are outclassed by Pittsburgh. They'd have to mess up and we have to play a perfect game to win.

Barry Brust got the B-Sens into the playoffs. They were not a high seed. They did not have any big scorers. Brust got them to the dance and the crowds loved him. The team was 1-3 and it really wasn't Brusty's fault. Lehner went in, nonetheless, and the rest is history.

Say what you will about how they hanged him out to dry, fact of the matter is he had 2 regular season games with SV% under .870, and he's had 3 such games in this round. In the Montreal series his lowest one was .912. He ankle could be less than 100%; he could be worn down -- no matter what it is, he is not playing as well as he did.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:You run with Anderson, he got us here.

They were outplayed in game 3. Anderson stood on his head (.980) for the win.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:Before mendes tweets about it, since he's known to remind ppl of trends and stats, I'll just go ahead and do it here:

- Sens have never once been tied after 2 periods in any of their playoff games
- Sens have trailed after 2 periods in 7 of 9 games so far
- 3 of the 5 sens playoff victories were come from behind when down after 2 periods

How 'bout: The Pens are 0-6 in home games when going for the series win with Bylsma behind the bench.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Looked like a distinct kick to me coming off the ice a bit. Can't catch a break

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum