GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Sens @ Pens :: Game 5, Round 2 :: 7:30pm ET :: Fri. May. 24th, 2013

+13
spader
Number Twenty Nine
Ev
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
NEELY
wprager
tim1_2
SensHulk
shabbs
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 14]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
Number Twenty Nine wrote:This will be the last series Pittsburgh wins against us. Book it.

We are a looooong way from being Pittsburgh. We only have them beat in goaltending.

the Penguins were wiped by Ottawa, the team who went to the Finals that year, then went to the finals themselves. Nothing is impossible.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Pitt will have to let some guys go in the off season, cap is going down. Sens need a real goal scorer going into the off season and they need one bad.

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:

the Penguins were wiped by Ottawa, the team who went to the Finals that year, then went to the finals themselves. Nothing is impossible.

Yes I know it's not impossible but I just don't see our team being THAT dangerous anytime soon. Our PP is such a horrendous joke compared to theirs.

Ev wrote:
too many rookies/AHLers who played over 82 games, too many guys playing nowhere near 100%, not making excuses it's just reality. Big difference against the Pens who had a full healthy roster for the most part.

Yeah we were just in over our head with the injured players and rookies. Hopefully everyone takes a step forward next year and we might see a new face or two. Raise your hand if you thought Pageau would be here this year.

Last edited by Hoags on Fri May 24, 2013 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:Zibanejad and Silf were nonfactors. They will be that much better next year and beyond. Didn't see much of Silf's sniping ability at all, that will come in time. Tough for Swedes to come over and play rookie season playoffs.

too many rookies/AHLers who played over 82 games, too many guys playing nowhere near 100%, not making excuses it's just reality. Big difference against the Pens who had a full healthy roster for the most part.

I though this series would go longer but knew they probably wouldn't win. Although I think they are overrating the Pens depth when mentioning plugs like Jokinen and Iginla and Morrow who were nonfactors most of the series, and Doug Murray who is a pylon but a mean guy at least.

Preaching to the choir here but they just need to get stronger and have a good off season, both guys will be better next year and I will throw Conacher into that mix too. They had an insane season and had to have played close to 100 games when they never played more than 50 before this. Turris as well.

Next year will be a great year for Ottawa if they can come back with basically the same lineup plus a goal scorer. If Philly buys Briere out that would be a solid move for some depth but they need that top line winger... Eriksson is the guy they have to go after but Noesen would be the guy going the other way for sure.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
Next year will be a great year for Ottawa if they can come back with basically the same lineup plus a goal scorer. If Philly buys Briere out that would be a solid move for some depth but they need that top line winger... Eriksson is the guy they have to go after but Noesen would be the guy going the other way for sure.

They better not trade Noesen.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Eriksson, Ryan, Vanek, Skinner, Marleau are guys i;ve thought about.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:

They better not trade Noesen.

Noesen isn't some bluechip prospect that you can't trade...and he wouldn't get you an Eriksson obviously.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

let's hope the pesky Dung is finished now

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Eriksson, Ryan, Vanek, Skinner, Marleau are guys i;ve thought about.

I like most of those guys. Ryan will go to Philly when his contract is up IMO.

Skinner is a diving like puke though, no thanks.

Buffalo will never trade Vanek to Ottawa.

Ev wrote:
Noesen isn't some bluechip prospect that you can't trade...and he wouldn't get you an Eriksson obviously.

He's probably the best prospect we have who hasn't touched NHL ice (or AHL for that matter).

I don't know I'd like to see what Richardson, Paulrus can do with him.

Last edited by Hoags on Fri May 24, 2013 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I dare Dallas to accept a package of Noesen plus for Eriksson. I would be dancing in the streets to land that guy. Noesen + + + is fine by me, although I think the price is more like Silfverberg + +.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Also, Conacher is a diver and also takes a lot of penalties. But is definitely a diver, which I hate. :crossarms:

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
Ev wrote:Eriksson, Ryan, Vanek, Skinner, Marleau are guys i;ve thought about.

I like most of those guys. Ryan will go to Philly when his contract is up IMO.

Skinner is a diving like puke though, no thanks.

Buffalo will never trade Vanek to Ottawa.

Ev wrote:

He's probably the best prospect we have who hasn't touched NHL ice (or AHL for that matter).

I don't know I'd like to see what Richardson, Paulrus can do with him.

Skinner is exactly the kind of goal scorer we need, and he's one of the best skater's in the league. Only issue I have with him is concussions. Other than that, he'd be dynamite with Spezza. They need defence bad.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Number Twenty Nine wrote:I hate to say it, and love Alfie, but we need to move on.

BANNED.

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

did anyone see Alfie's tribute video on cbc? Most ridiculous thing ever. A 30 second montage of highlights from the allstar game in Ottawa. Just sad.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lehner's team?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Lehner's team?

Anderson waived or traded?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Ev wrote:Lehner's team?

Anderson waived or traded?

Alfie gone? Gonchar move on? Shawn Simpson tweet?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Blow it up!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum