GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

PLAYOFF GAME DAY: Sens @ Pens :: Game 5, Round 2 :: 7:30pm ET :: Fri. May. 24th, 2013

+13
spader
Number Twenty Nine
Ev
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
NEELY
wprager
tim1_2
SensHulk
shabbs
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 14]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Lehner's team?

Anderson waived or traded?

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Ev wrote:Lehner's team?

Anderson waived or traded?

Alfie gone? Gonchar move on? Shawn Simpson tweet?

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Blow it up!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:
Number Twenty Nine wrote:This will be the last series Pittsburgh wins against us. Book it.

We are a looooong way from being Pittsburgh. We only have them beat in goaltending.

Disagree.

We have them also on D, as long as we are healthy. Karlsson and Cowen were coming off injuries that were supposed to keep them out until next season. We had Gryba and Wiercioch (bit parts of our regular season success) injured. Gryba was our only right-hand D-man to play on the PK and it showed. Benoit playing his off-side is not a replacement. Plus, because of the injuries we've had all year, many players were playing more minutes -- in a compressed schedule -- than they expected to play coming into the season.

Gonchar was not good in his series but consider the minutes he was asked to play due to injuries to Cowen and Karlsson. An NEELY is right, he was instrumental in getting this team *into* the playoffs in the first place, and a lot of his bad play this series can be attributed to his partner, Cowen.

Frankly, I don't know if I want to re-sign him or not, because I don't think there's anything left he can teach Karlsson that another vet could not -- and we *need* a right hand shot.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

PIttsburgh's advantage is not only on paper, it's in the brain.
Sens are still playing with this "we are not supposed to be here" attitude which needs to go away ASAP.
I agree with the Big Ev, this pesky Dung needs to end NOW.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:
Ev wrote:

the Penguins were wiped by Ottawa, the team who went to the Finals that year, then went to the finals themselves. Nothing is impossible.

Yes I know it's not impossible but I just don't see our team being THAT dangerous anytime soon. Our PP is such a horrendous joke compared to theirs.

Ev wrote:
too many rookies/AHLers who played over 82 games, too many guys playing nowhere near 100%, not making excuses it's just reality. Big difference against the Pens who had a full healthy roster for the most part.

Yeah we were just in over our head with the injured players and rookies. Hopefully everyone takes a step forward next year and we might see a new face or two. Raise your hand if you thought Pageau would be here this year.

Pittsburgh PP was pretty horrendous just 3 years ago. What changed?

Ottawa was 15th *this year* in the regular season, that's without Spezza and Karlsson for most of the year. Let's not under-state the effects of injuries and oversupply of rookies.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Eriksson, Ryan, Vanek, Skinner, Marleau are guys i;ve thought about.

LeKing has guaranteed that a Philly forward is coming our way before next season.

http://www.gmhockey.com/t5819p440-ottawa-senators-tidbits-quick-hits#324910

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

LeKing has guaranteed that a Philly forward is coming our way before next season.

Yeah, Danny B.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Just watched the game highlights on SportsNet. They didn't even bother showing the two Sens' goals. All I saw was Michalek smiling on the bench after making it 3-1. Pretty ridiculous, but that's TSN.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

not in that order personally but ya, that sounds good. maybe more of a:
Eriksson, Skinner,Vanek, Ryan, marleau order.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

Yeah, Danny B.
personally that Dung got old way before the playoffs. it's almost like saying we're not really good enough to be where we are.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Just watched the game highlights on SportsNet. They didn't even bother showing the two Sens' goals. All I saw was Michalek smiling on the bench after making it 3-1. Pretty ridiculous, but that's TSN.

contradiction...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:Just watched the game highlights on SportsNet. They didn't even bother showing the two Sens' goals. All I saw was Michalek smiling on the bench after making it 3-1. Pretty ridiculous, but that's TSN.

contradiction...

Sorry, whatever the show that my kid records daily on TSN. Sports Night?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'll settle for Briere without any complaints.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

So proud of this team. Hate the way it ended, but I hope they get better because of it.

As a sens fan, I usually mourn and am depressed when they bow out in the playoffs. This time....I'm just relieved that it's finally over. This short season was so full of emotion and highs and lows that I'm just glad it's over and done with.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Anyone not proud of this team needs their head examined.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Anyone not proud of this team needs their head examined.

Agreed. What a great and surprising year. The future looks very bright indeed. I see a trade or two coming. This team has way too many NHLers right now. Depth is great, but so many guys earned a spot in the big time, and there are only so many players.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Vandelay wrote:did anyone see Alfie's tribute video on cbc? Most ridiculous thing ever. A 30 second montage of highlights from the allstar game in Ottawa. Just sad.

It was very strange. All they showed were a couple clips from the all-star game here, and that was it...set to that ridiculous What's it all About Alfie song. They embarrassed themselves...I have no idea why they did that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum