GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tassimo storage device

+3
tim1_2
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 9]

46Tassimo storage device - Page 4 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Mon May 27, 2013 2:56 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Can you make a cappucino with Keurig?

Can you with a Tassimo?

BAM!

47Tassimo storage device - Page 4 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Mon May 27, 2013 2:58 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

And before you get yourself off the floor, no, I don't go around pretending you can make a cappuccino from a disc -- you need and espresso machine to start. Already have one. It's decent, and for the number of times I actually feel like having a frouffy coffee I can continue using that.

48Tassimo storage device - Page 4 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Mon May 27, 2013 3:03 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Look at all these coffee snobs...

Wink

Personally, I'm not a fan of either. I find the coffee that comes out of them is nothing like a true brewed coffee. But, they'll do in a pinch if I just need a quick cup. Brewed is best, with piping hot water. The way it should be. Dammit.

*YOU* started all this a while back with your "Tassimo represent!" post, didn't you?

Problem with a brewed coffee is you need fresh coffee, which means a grinder (which I couldn't use in the mornings due to noise). You also need to make a full pot. You also need clean-up.

I've gone the brewed route for many years.

Truth be told, my mom still has her copper Turkish coffee pot (kinda hour-glass shaped) and it still makes one of the better cups I've ever tasted. Yeah, there's the hassle with having to use a strainer, and the cleanup involved, and you've got to babysit it when it's on the stovetop, but it'll never break down on you, and if you brew your coffee in milk it is *fantastic* (we call it Vienna Coffee -- not sure if that's the official term or not).

49Tassimo storage device - Page 4 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Mon May 27, 2013 3:11 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

Wink

Personally, I'm not a fan of either. I find the coffee that comes out of them is nothing like a true brewed coffee. But, they'll do in a pinch if I just need a quick cup. Brewed is best, with piping hot water. The way it should be. Dammit.

*YOU* started all this a while back with your "Tassimo represent!" post, didn't you?

Problem with a brewed coffee is you need fresh coffee, which means a grinder (which I couldn't use in the mornings due to noise). You also need to make a full pot. You also need clean-up.

Truth be told, my mom still has her copper Turkish coffee pot (kinda hour-glass shaped) and it still makes one of the better cups I've ever tasted. Yeah, there's the hassle with having to use a strainer, and the cleanup involved, and you've got to babysit it when it's on the stovetop, but it'll never break down on you, and if you brew your coffee in milk it is *fantastic* (we call it Vienna Coffee -- not sure if that's the official term or not).

Brewed is definitely better but for convenience I'm quite happy to use the Tassimo.

50Tassimo storage device - Page 4 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Mon May 27, 2013 3:15 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:

Can you with a Tassimo?

BAM!
Heh. Yes you can.

https://www.tassimo.ca/en/beverages/nabob/cappuccino/

BAM?

51Tassimo storage device - Page 4 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Mon May 27, 2013 3:17 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:

Wink

Brewed is definitely better but for convenience I'm quite happy to use the Tassimo.
Agreed. The convenience is nice. My wife loves it though, with all the different types, and the hot chocolate.

52Tassimo storage device - Page 4 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Mon May 27, 2013 3:19 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:

Wink

Agreed. The convenience is nice. My wife loves it though, with all the different types, and the hot chocolate.

That's what sold it for us. The Tim Horton's alone wasn't enough. Also the footprint of the machine for the RV.

53Tassimo storage device - Page 4 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Mon May 27, 2013 4:54 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:

Can you with a Tassimo?

BAM!
Heh. Yes you can.

BAM?

We have what is likely a $3,000+ machine at work and it makes cappuccinos among other stuff. I doubt that Tassimo can make a better one than this machine and, frankly, it's not close to the real thing. That was my point. Thanks for missing it.

54Tassimo storage device - Page 4 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Mon May 27, 2013 5:08 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:

Can you with a Tassimo?

BAM!
Heh. Yes you can.

BAM?

We have what is likely a $3,000+ machine at work and it makes cappuccinos among other stuff. I doubt that Tassimo can make a better one than this machine and, frankly, it's not close to the real thing. That was my point. Thanks for missing it.
Again with the coffee snobbery and $3,000+ machines... for that price, it better be sucking my Richard...

55Tassimo storage device - Page 4 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Mon May 27, 2013 5:29 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

You can get a $3,000 Tassimo unit, too. These are the machines you buy for the office -- it's the same idea that has your office admin signing of on $900 chairs, when you can get a chair just as good from Staples for $200-300.

Anyhow, the point is that a commercial grade machine cannot (IMO) make a good cup of cappuccino, so I'll maintain that it is not an advantage that the Tassimo makes cappuccinos.

56Tassimo storage device - Page 4 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Mon May 27, 2013 5:34 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:You can get a $3,000 Tassimo unit, too. These are the machines you buy for the office -- it's the same idea that has your office admin signing of on $900 chairs, when you can get a chair just as good from Staples for $200-300.

Anyhow, the point is that a commercial grade machine cannot (IMO) make a good cup of cappuccino, so I'll maintain that it is not an advantage that the Tassimo makes cappuccinos.
Ah, so now you want a GOOD cup of cappuccino.

Jeez. This snobbery never seems to end!

57Tassimo storage device - Page 4 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Mon May 27, 2013 8:39 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tassimo also makes Caramel Machiatos :D

- Unknown Author

58Tassimo storage device - Page 4 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Mon May 27, 2013 9:01 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Tassimo also makes Caramel Machiatos :D
But are they good?

Sarcasm

59Tassimo storage device - Page 4 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Mon May 27, 2013 9:11 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Tassimo also makes Caramel Machiatos :D
But are they good?

Sarcasm

Haven't tried it. The fake Cappucinos are good though. Naughty

- Unknown Author

60Tassimo storage device - Page 4 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Tue May 28, 2013 2:13 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:

Can you with a Tassimo?

BAM!
Heh. Yes you can.

BAM?

How does the Keurig cappuccino compare with that $3000 machine?

61Tassimo storage device - Page 4 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Tue May 28, 2013 10:35 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:

Can you with a Tassimo?

BAM!
Heh. Yes you can.

BAM?

How does the Keurig cappuccino compare with that $3000 machine?

Keurig says to leave the foofy coffees to the barristas at you local Java Joint.

All that aside, I once had a really, really good cup of coffee at the Tea Room (yeah, go figure) on Palladium Drive, just up the street from SBP. This was many years ago, so I have no idea if it's still good. The coffee was so good that I called the waitress over to ask where they got their coffee (I *never* do that). She looked a little embarrassed as she explained that they have this machine (Italian, she thought) which serves one cup at a time and uses a coffee syrup. Best cup of coffee I ever had and it came from syrup. Is that what Tassimo uses in those little T-discs? They don't look big enough to hold enough grinds to make a 10-oz cup.

62Tassimo storage device - Page 4 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Tue May 28, 2013 10:54 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I think only the hot chocolate has syrup. The rest have grinds. The "fancy" ones use a shelf-stable, liquid milk creamer t-disc to generate the froth etc...

63Tassimo storage device - Page 4 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Tue May 28, 2013 11:13 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Before people go knocking the shelf stable liquid milk keep in mind that shelf stable milk is the norm in europe and they find it odd that we have to store our unopened milk in the fridge.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum