GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tassimo storage device

+3
tim1_2
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 9]

106Tassimo storage device - Page 8 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:26 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Another blow landed in the Tassimo vs. Keurig war.

http://www.timhortons.com/ca/en/menu/single-serve-coffee.html
$8.99 for 14.  Stupid me, I'll give it a try, of course.  To order online you have to order 2 (minimum order is $15) and then add $6.82 for shipping!  Wow, talk about a rip.  This is going straight to the corporate coffers as it bypasses the franchisees (unless you buy at a bricks&mortar store).

Maybe I'll wait for a coupon or sale.
FTFY
You know me well.

Bought three backpacks at Dell.ca. $20 ($30 off), $30 ($33 off) and $32 ($56 off). Color selection is a little limited so for other kid (who is a bit of a fashionista) she'll have to wait. Free shipping so I save a few bucks on gas and an hour or so shopping. And if I'm shopping with them in tow I probably save another $20-25 feeding them lunch at the mall.

I'm literally almost getting these for free! Vertigo 

107Tassimo storage device - Page 8 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:01 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

How do Backpacks at Dell.ca link to Tassimo and single serve Timmy's coffee? Planning to fill those back packs with Timmy's coffee???
Ahhhhh! 

108Tassimo storage device - Page 8 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:26 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:How do Backpacks at Dell.ca link to Tassimo and single serve Timmy's coffee?  Planning to fill those back packs with Timmy's coffee???
Ahhhhh! 
Perhaps to be used as makeshift Tassimo storage devices?

109Tassimo storage device - Page 8 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:34 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:How do Backpacks at Dell.ca link to Tassimo and single serve Timmy's coffee?  Planning to fill those back packs with Timmy's coffee???
Ahhhhh! 
Just about died when I read that. Nicely done.

110Tassimo storage device - Page 8 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:41 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Ahhhhh! 
Just about died when I read that.  Nicely done.
Gotta stay on topic, old friend.

111Tassimo storage device - Page 8 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:39 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Back on topic, then:

Tassimo storage device - Page 8 Ottawa10

112Tassimo storage device - Page 8 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:40 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yes, that *is* a Jason Spezza "Pizza Pizza" cup in the background.

113Tassimo storage device - Page 8 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:15 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm surprised to see you own the fancier version of the Keurig and not the bare-bones model.

114Tassimo storage device - Page 8 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:21 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You can be sure there was some form of cost benefit analysis performed along with bargain hunting in order to determine the best single serve brand and model to purchase. Sarcasm 

- Unknown Author

115Tassimo storage device - Page 8 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:31 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:You can be sure there was some form of cost benefit analysis performed along with bargain hunting in order to determine the best single serve brand and model to purchase. Sarcasm 
Costco. Need I say more? I believe all this was discussed earlier, but perhaps some points were missed:

1. I get up early; it gets up even earlier -- by the time I get downstairs it's ready for that first cup, just like me.
2. It shuts itself off even when my brain-dead teenagers turn it on and forget to turn it off.
3. It has a nice, large reservoir that will allow me to still get a cup even after my brain-dead teenagers have gotten theirs (like they would ever refill anything without being nagged).
4. If it breaks, hey, I got it at Costco.
5. I looks mah-vellous.
6. The price, when adjusting for the 60 K-cups that came with it, was better than a lower-end model at the places where you shop.

116Tassimo storage device - Page 8 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:32 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:You can be sure there was some form of cost benefit analysis performed along with bargain hunting in order to determine the best single serve brand and model to purchase. Sarcasm 
Well, clearly not, since I failed to notice that Tassimo disks are cheaper.

117Tassimo storage device - Page 8 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:34 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
6. The price, when adjusting for the 60 K-cups that came with it, was better than a lower-end model at the places where you shop.
Winner winner.

118Tassimo storage device - Page 8 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:42 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Well, clearly not, since I failed to notice that Tassimo disks are cheaper.  
Cheaper disks was only one part of the equation.

- Unknown Author

119Tassimo storage device - Page 8 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:54 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That, and a coupon.

120Tassimo storage device - Page 8 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:19 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:
Winner winner.
Yeah, I should've added a "Boom!" right there. Do we have a "Boom!" smiley?

121Tassimo storage device - Page 8 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Mon May 05, 2014 12:40 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

We picked up a Keurig this weekend... so long Tassimo! Got the Keurig K70.

http://www.keurig.ca/brewers/keurig-platinum-brewing-system

Wife wanted it. I still use my "old school" Timmy's drip brewer by Bunn.

122Tassimo storage device - Page 8 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Mon May 05, 2014 6:23 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:We picked up a Keurig this weekend... so long Tassimo! Got the Keurig K70.

http://www.keurig.ca/brewers/keurig-platinum-brewing-system

Wife wanted it. I still use my "old school" Timmy's drip brewer by Bunn.

There is a very strong correlation between the net weight (coffee) and how good the cups are (IMO, of course). My favorite is the Barista Prima House Blend (their Italian is not as good). My wife's favorite is Newman's Own. Barista is the most expensive one (next to Starbucks -- which I consider third best but terribly overpriced).

Of course YMMV.

123Tassimo storage device - Page 8 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Mon May 05, 2014 7:52 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I hate coffee

#yeahIsaidthat #comeatmebros

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum