GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tassimo storage device

+3
tim1_2
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 9]

31Tassimo storage device - Page 3 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Sat May 25, 2013 11:22 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Presidents choice premium blend is $22 for 50 T Discs which is 44 cents. They're quite good.

32Tassimo storage device - Page 3 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Sat May 25, 2013 11:29 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

And they're 11 ounces.

33Tassimo storage device - Page 3 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Sat May 25, 2013 11:32 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Another thing to keep in mind is Bocsh is the maker of Tassimo.

34Tassimo storage device - Page 3 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Sat May 25, 2013 11:44 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Anyone I've ever talked to who has both machines has preferred the Keurig. I have never tried the Tassimo though, so I have no idea. I think the Tassimo requires a few more button pushes sometimes, whereas the Keurig is as simple as it can possible get.

35Tassimo storage device - Page 3 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Sun May 26, 2013 8:26 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

tim1_2 wrote:Anyone I've ever talked to who has both machines has preferred the Keurig. I have never tried the Tassimo though, so I have no idea. I think the Tassimo requires a few more button pushes sometimes, whereas the Keurig is as simple as it can possible get.
Tassimo only needs one button push. Put in the t-disc, hit the button. The bar code gives the rest of the info to the machine with regards to temp/size etc...

36Tassimo storage device - Page 3 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Sun May 26, 2013 8:27 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

TheAvatar wrote:I'm thinking of getting a nespresso. Anyone try them ?
Love that commercial. Wink Looks like a lot of cleanup with the milk in it's own container...

37Tassimo storage device - Page 3 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Sun May 26, 2013 9:18 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Presidents choice premium blend is $22 for 50 T Discs which is 44 cents. They're quite good.

Sorry, haven't seen those. My understanding was that the T-discs are proprietary and you can only get them from Tassimo. That was from an article a couple years ago, but checking on Amazon I can only find them from Tassimo. I guess this is relatively new?

I've had the PC K-"Domes" (they have a top and a sturdy dome-shaped filter, but no cup; that saves on cost and packaging size but means you have to keep them in the sealed bag longer, and just take a few out at a time). Those ones I can usually get for 50 cents each ($20 for 40, and that's a small sale). I find it hard to believe they can market the T-discs for less than that, unless it was an introductory price.

38Tassimo storage device - Page 3 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Sun May 26, 2013 9:39 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PC premium blend is actually 56 discs for 21.99 plus tax. I was just at the store this afternoon.

- Unknown Author

39Tassimo storage device - Page 3 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Sun May 26, 2013 10:15 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I've only had the Tassimo for a few weeks and for a few months before that I had been considering if I should buy it. The $20 off sale making the cost $60, the fact that you can get Tim Hortons and the decaf Cappucinos clinched it.
The fact that you can get Nabob, Maxwell House, Second Cup, Gelvalia, and probably others was just an added bonus.

- Unknown Author

40Tassimo storage device - Page 3 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Mon May 27, 2013 12:19 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I've only had the Tassimo for a few weeks and for a few months before that I had been considering if I should buy it. The $20 off sale making the cost $60, the fact that you can get Tim Hortons and the decaf Cappucinos clinched it.
The fact that you can get Nabob, Maxwell House, Second Cup, Gelvalia, and probably others was just an added bonus.

Sorry, but of that list, Nabob and Maxwell House just make me smile a bit -- those are supermarket coffees. I'm a bit ambivalent to Second Cup -- used to love their Imperial blend (not sure they still have it) but that's about it. My favorite right now is Newman's Own, but they got sold off to Green Mountain (another one of my favorites), so not sure which way that's going to go. There's not Timmy's in K-Cups yet, so far as I know, and that's a shame, but I've tried their coffee before in a regular coffee maker and been underwhelmed.

Bottom line, right now K-Cups have the widest selection.

41Tassimo storage device - Page 3 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Mon May 27, 2013 2:31 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Can you make a cappucino with Keurig?

- Unknown Author

42Tassimo storage device - Page 3 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Mon May 27, 2013 2:32 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tassimo machine is cheaper and like I've said already the T disc price is competitve.

- Unknown Author

43Tassimo storage device - Page 3 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Mon May 27, 2013 2:41 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

And like we said, OUR SNOBBY COFFEE MACHINE IS BETTER THAN YOUR SNOBBY COFFEE MACHINE!!!!!!!!!!!! Tassimo storage device - Page 3 555703

44Tassimo storage device - Page 3 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Mon May 27, 2013 2:42 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:And like we said, OUR SNOBBY COFFEE MACHINE IS BETTER THAN YOUR SNOBBY COFFEE MACHINE!!!!!!!!!!!! Tassimo storage device - Page 3 555703

You nailed it!!!

45Tassimo storage device - Page 3 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Mon May 27, 2013 2:44 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Look at all these coffee snobs...

Wink

Personally, I'm not a fan of either. I find the coffee that comes out of them is nothing like a true brewed coffee. But, they'll do in a pinch if I just need a quick cup. Brewed is best, with piping hot water. The way it should be. Dammit.

46Tassimo storage device - Page 3 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Mon May 27, 2013 2:56 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Can you make a cappucino with Keurig?

Can you with a Tassimo?

BAM!

47Tassimo storage device - Page 3 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Mon May 27, 2013 2:58 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

And before you get yourself off the floor, no, I don't go around pretending you can make a cappuccino from a disc -- you need and espresso machine to start. Already have one. It's decent, and for the number of times I actually feel like having a frouffy coffee I can continue using that.

48Tassimo storage device - Page 3 Empty Re: Tassimo storage device Mon May 27, 2013 3:03 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Look at all these coffee snobs...

Wink

Personally, I'm not a fan of either. I find the coffee that comes out of them is nothing like a true brewed coffee. But, they'll do in a pinch if I just need a quick cup. Brewed is best, with piping hot water. The way it should be. Dammit.

*YOU* started all this a while back with your "Tassimo represent!" post, didn't you?

Problem with a brewed coffee is you need fresh coffee, which means a grinder (which I couldn't use in the mornings due to noise). You also need to make a full pot. You also need clean-up.

I've gone the brewed route for many years.

Truth be told, my mom still has her copper Turkish coffee pot (kinda hour-glass shaped) and it still makes one of the better cups I've ever tasted. Yeah, there's the hassle with having to use a strainer, and the cleanup involved, and you've got to babysit it when it's on the stovetop, but it'll never break down on you, and if you brew your coffee in milk it is *fantastic* (we call it Vienna Coffee -- not sure if that's the official term or not).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum