GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2013 Trade Deadline

+15
SensHulk
Ev
Oglethorpe
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
rooneypoo
spader
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
Flo The Action
PTFlea
Hoags
NEELY
tim1_2
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34 ... 64  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 64]

462013 Trade Deadline - Page 4 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:06 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:
LeKing wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Elliotte Friedman mentioned on Montreal radio last night that Corey Perry woulde probably prefer to play in Toronto, Montreal or Ottawa if he were to be traded.

Not only do we need him, we cannot afford to let him join any of those 2 teams.
Gotta step up there Eugene. Man that Pacioretty contract makes me want to puke at this point.

I'm sure Elliotte was being sincere but there's the chance, too, that he mentioned Montreal because he was on Montreal radio... This will all be sorted out in a few weeks.

I was listening to this in the car so I had a lot of time to think about it and I think if Cowen is part of the asking price for Perry, then you do it.

Cowen is replaceable and Smid is a UFA... You trade Cowen, your 1st, and perhaps Stone for Perry and call it a day. Sign him to the stupid contracts he's looking for and that's it.

Fact of the matter is Cowen, while a very solid young player and will be a good player for a very long time, he's not irreplaceable.

472013 Trade Deadline - Page 4 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:08 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't think Cowen would be included, just because he is injured. I know he still *could* be traded while injured, but I don't see it happening in this instance. It would probably be Z-Bad + 1st rounder ++.

482013 Trade Deadline - Page 4 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:09 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
LeKing wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Elliotte Friedman mentioned on Montreal radio last night that Corey Perry woulde probably prefer to play in Toronto, Montreal or Ottawa if he were to be traded.

Not only do we need him, we cannot afford to let him join any of those 2 teams.
Gotta step up there Eugene. Man that Pacioretty contract makes me want to puke at this point.

I'm sure Elliotte was being sincere but there's the chance, too, that he mentioned Montreal because he was on Montreal radio... This will all be sorted out in a few weeks.

I was listening to this in the car so I had a lot of time to think about it and I think if Cowen is part of the asking price for Perry, then you do it.

Cowen is replaceable and Smid is a UFA... You trade Cowen, your 1st, and perhaps Stone for Perry and call it a day. Sign him to the stupid contracts he's looking for and that's it.

Fact of the matter is Cowen, while a very solid young player and will be a good player for a very long time, he's not irreplaceable.

With the success the team is having in his absence and the emergence of young Gryba, it already seems somewhat painless.

492013 Trade Deadline - Page 4 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:12 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I HAVE A HERITAGE COWEN JERSEY. HE SHALL NOT LEAVE!

502013 Trade Deadline - Page 4 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:14 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:I HAVE A HERITAGE COWEN JERSEY. HE SHALL NOT LEAVE!

So much for that idea then. tumbleweed

512013 Trade Deadline - Page 4 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:16 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:I don't think Cowen would be included, just because he is injured. I know he still *could* be traded while injured, but I don't see it happening in this instance. It would probably be Z-Bad + 1st rounder ++.

I think you deal from a position of strength and that strength right now is on the left side of the blueline. Weircioch is quickly becoming a dependable NHLer... Phillips is solid as the #6 guy and Methot is going to be the guy playing with Karlsson for the next 1/2 decade. Cowen is a big piece any team would want and that's the type of move you need to make to really nail down a player like Perry.

Cowen + 1st and a solid prospect in Stone and maybe Hoffman is exactly the type of deal it would take to land Perry. If that's the case and if Anahiem is willing to make that move it's totally worth it.

Keep in mind, Bishop will be gone before the draft and if I had to guess it will be for LA's 1st or CLB 2nd (which might be 1 or 2 spots difference). That will just about make up for that 1st rounder they traded.

Like Kid said, they cannot allow Toronto or Montreal to sign this guy because the way the division playoff is headed he's just about the last guy you need to be playing against 6 times a year and 4-7 times extra in the playoffs. The time is now to make that move and take a big swing.

522013 Trade Deadline - Page 4 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:18 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I don't think Cowen would be included, just because he is injured. I know he still *could* be traded while injured, but I don't see it happening in this instance. It would probably be Z-Bad + 1st rounder ++.

I think you deal from a position of strength and that strength right now is on the left side of the blueline. Weircioch is quickly becoming a dependable NHLer... Phillips is solid as the #6 guy and Methot is going to be the guy playing with Karlsson for the next 1/2 decade. Cowen is a big piece any team would want and that's the type of move you need to make to really nail down a player like Perry.

Cowen + 1st and a solid prospect in Stone and maybe Hoffman is exactly the type of deal it would take to land Perry. If that's the case and if Anahiem is willing to make that move it's totally worth it.

Keep in mind, Bishop will be gone before the draft and if I had to guess it will be for LA's 1st or CLB 2nd (which might be 1 or 2 spots difference). That will just about make up for that 1st rounder they traded.

Like Kid said, they cannot allow Toronto or Montreal to sign this guy because the way the division playoff is headed he's just about the last guy you need to be playing against 6 times a year and 4-7 times extra in the playoffs. The time is now to make that move and take a big swing.

The only issue would be if Anaheim would insist on having an immediate "replacement" for Perry in a trade. I guess they could line up a rental with the pick they get from Ottawa, in this instance?

532013 Trade Deadline - Page 4 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:19 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Jeez... Laugh1 let the gong show begin then. Nothing like stirring the pot a little I guess.

542013 Trade Deadline - Page 4 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:20 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Not sure but Ottawa doesn't really have one either. Stone would be the closest thing to it, a guy who can play in the NHL right now and can perhaps contribute. Not totally sold on the fact Anahiem will deal for Perry either.

What I can see happening at some point is, again, at the draft Bishop is dealt for that Columbus 2nd and hopefully another 2nd next year and they traded the 2nd next year for the rights to Perry for a couple of weeks. That's probably more likely.

Also, I do believe Cowen will be traded and Murray will then go out and sign Smid.

552013 Trade Deadline - Page 4 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:25 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Not sure but Ottawa doesn't really have one either. Stone would be the closest thing to it, a guy who can play in the NHL right now and can perhaps contribute. Not totally sold on the fact Anahiem will deal for Perry either.

What I can see happening at some point is, again, at the draft Bishop is dealt for that Columbus 2nd and hopefully another 2nd next year and they traded the 2nd next year for the rights to Perry for a couple of weeks. That's probably more likely.

Also, I do believe Cowen will be traded and Murray will then go out and sign Smid.

Stone played 9 minutes last night, I don't think he is anyone who can really "contribute" in the NHL right now. Silf or Zib will be what teams will ask for, as they've shown they can produce at the NHL level and are obviously getting better.

As for Columbus, Bobrovsky seems to coming into his own over there and apparently works super hard on and off the ice to improve (how dumb does Philly look here ?)

Oilers might resign Smid, they should, he seems to be the only real D-man they have.

Murray will go after Perry, he drafted him. I am not sure if the Ducks will trade him and potentially dismantle their impressive run so far.

562013 Trade Deadline - Page 4 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:29 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:Not sure but Ottawa doesn't really have one either. Stone would be the closest thing to it, a guy who can play in the NHL right now and can perhaps contribute. Not totally sold on the fact Anahiem will deal for Perry either.

Stone played 9 minutes last night, I don't think he is anyone who can really "contribute" in the NHL right now. Silf or Zib will be what teams will ask for, as they've shown they can produce at the NHL level and are obviously getting better.

As for Columbus, Bobrovsky seems to coming into his own over there and apparently works super hard on and off the ice to improve (how dumb does Philly look here ?)

Oilers might resign Smid, they should, he seems to be the only real D-man they have.

Murray will go after Perry, he drafted him. I am not sure if the Ducks will trade him and potentially dismantle their impressive run so far.

Stone: Again, a guy that can play in the NHL right now but if they do trade Perry they won't be getting anything close to that type of player back right now. Impossible to do.

Clb: Bobrovsky looks to be playing well but Mason isn't coming back and they won't be putting all of their eggs in one basket. The chances of Bishop becoming a Blue Jacket are still high.

Smid: He actually has to want to play in Edm and I think everyone questions if he does or not. They tried to trade him once before.

572013 Trade Deadline - Page 4 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:32 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't see Smid wanting to stick around in Edmonton at all. He'll get big bucks somewhere else.

582013 Trade Deadline - Page 4 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:33 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I really and strongly doubt Cowen is traded. It's nice to see Wiercioch starting to do well, but another 2 years of learning the finer points of the game defensively and bulking up will go a long, long way to helping him.

To me, he's the 6th/7th guy, battling it out with guys like Boroweicki etc., while Cowen is a bonafide star in the making who hasn't even started to scratch the surface of both his defensive potential and especially his offensive potential.

Not just that, but he's a part of that winning culture that you've bread from the ground up in this organization. Drafted him as a winner, then he showed you why in Bingo's Calder run. Having Methot and Cowen as the 1-2 guys down the left side, with Phillips as the bottom pair left hander is beyond perfect - it's what Murray obviously had in mind when he acquired Methot.

If anything, I could see Wiercioch slowly being turned into a right side playing left hander - like his mentor Gonchar is - or traded, but IMO, Murray doesn't trade him - even for Perry.

592013 Trade Deadline - Page 4 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:33 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:I don't see Smid wanting to stick around in Edmonton at all. He'll get big bucks somewhere else.

He will get a good chunk of change for sure... Murray loves him.

602013 Trade Deadline - Page 4 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:34 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:I really and strongly doubt Cowen is traded. It's nice to see Wiercioch starting to do well, but another 2 years of learning the finer points of the game defensively and bulking up will go a long, long way to helping him.

To me, he's the 6th/7th guy, battling it out with guys like Boroweicki etc., while Cowen is a bonafide star in the making who hasn't even started to scratch the surface of both his defensive potential and especially his offensive potential.

Not just that, but he's a part of that winning culture that you've bread from the ground up in this organization. Drafted him as a winner, then he showed you why in Bingo's Calder run. Having Methot and Cowen as the 1-2 guys down the left side, with Phillips as the bottom pair left hander is beyond perfect - it's what Murray obviously had in mind when he acquired Methot.

If anything, I could see Wiercioch slowly being turned into a right side playing left hander - like his mentor Gonchar is - or traded, but IMO, Murray doesn't trade him - even for Perry.

Pretty big case of homerism right there.

612013 Trade Deadline - Page 4 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:34 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:I don't see Smid wanting to stick around in Edmonton at all. He'll get big bucks somewhere else.

Yeah, in Edmonton when they give him a 5 year, 22 million dollar deal - which is my guess.

622013 Trade Deadline - Page 4 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:35 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I really and strongly doubt Cowen is traded. It's nice to see Wiercioch starting to do well, but another 2 years of learning the finer points of the game defensively and bulking up will go a long, long way to helping him.

Pretty big case of homerism right there.

Not really. Cowen fits the mold of what we're doing here and what we've already established. There are guys I would trade, but Cowen's not likely to be one of them, and I'm sure Murray is the same.

632013 Trade Deadline - Page 4 Empty Re: 2013 Trade Deadline Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:37 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Cowen at this point can be replace from within or by a UFA signing. He's going to be a really solid NHLer for a long time but if he's the piece that lands you Perry, you do it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 64]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 34 ... 64  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum