GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Feb. 23rd, 2013

+14
sandysensfan
spader
Cap'n Clutch
Hobiesens
PTFlea
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
wprager
NEELY
SensHulk
Flo The Action
tim1_2
Hoags
shabbs
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 14]

Hobiesens

Sophomore
Sophomore

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:Might be the case but either way both guys have to be sharp and there is no room for error in nets right now. The fact Karlsson is even pushing for a very late season return right now is amazing and if they get him back come playoff time this team might make some noise.

Not a must win on Saturday night but it could be very important.

Nice thing is, as fans, we can have faith in either one. Feels aaaaalright.

But Andy is tweeting that his ankle is alright and he'll be back ASAP. He was seen walking around without a noticeable limp. Personally, I want to see Lehner and Bishop split the next two games to give Anderson some rest. And it would make sense to go with Bishop against the Leafs since Lehner would be spending half the day driving. Would be nice for him to have a full practice with the team before he starts.

Lehner is on the ice for practice today.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:Pretty certain Bishop will start based on him winning his last two, but certain Lehner gets one of these next two (he maybe gets the habs on monday)

I'd bet on Bishop as well on Saturday. Maybe Lehner Monday.
For what it's worth, Lehner is in the starters net today for practice... as per BooBoo.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:Pretty certain Bishop will start based on him winning his last two, but certain Lehner gets one of these next two (he maybe gets the habs on monday)

For what it's worth, Lehner is in the starters net today for practice... as per BooBoo.

Hmmm, not sure why you'd play Lehner over Bishop right now, but either way it's a good option.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

At least 3 to 4 days for The Gregger says Murray via Booboo.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:At least 3 to 4 days for The Gregger says Murray via Booboo.
Better than 6-8 weeks. So he'll likely miss the Leafs and Habs and then be "ready" for Boston next Thursday.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:At least 3 to 4 days for The Gregger says Murray via Booboo.
Better than 6-8 weeks. So he'll likely miss the Leafs and Habs and then be "ready" for Boston next Thursday.

Ready to beat Boston like little Wing Dang Doodle?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Hmmm, not sure why you'd play Lehner over Bishop right now, but either way it's a good option.

My bet is it's to reward Lehner for being the good soldier and going to BINGO solely because of contract situations.

I think it's an excellent idea personally. Good on Mac for doing it.

- Unknown Author

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Bishop will gets his games in, Lehner deserves at least one start because no matter what, if Lehner gets back to back shutouts he goes down to Bingo. He as also played extremely well against the Leafs in the past (both pre-season and reg season).

Sat night game, battle of Ontario, you know Lehner is going to be ready and wanting to play in a bad way.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

My bet is it's to reward Lehner for being the good soldier and going to BINGO solely because of contract situations.

I think it's an excellent idea personally. Good on Mac for doing it.

He is "rewarded" just by being called up. Montreal is the tougher test (Price vs. Scrivens, 'nuf said) so letting Bishop face the Leafs and then going with Lehner in Montreal is still "rewarding" him.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Am I the only one that thought Bishop looked awful? Sure, he came in cold, but that's his job. I think he made one save on the SO. The rest of the shooters had him beat, then shot wide or high.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Am I the only one that thought Bishop looked awful? Sure, he came in cold, but that's his job. I think he made one save on the SO. The rest of the shooters had him beat, then shot wide or high.

He got lucky on one of the shooters, for sure. Guy had him turned inside out but lost control of the puck. Of course if the move was less aggressive maybe he keeps the puck but doesn't fool Bishop, so you never know. But he stopped a few of the shooters.

As for the two goals, unfortunate. The second one he never saw, and the first one was a shot wide that bounced back to the crease like a tennis ball -- both Bishop and Methot looked like they didn't expect it to happen.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
spader wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

He got lucky on one of the shooters, for sure. Guy had him turned inside out but lost control of the puck. Of course if the move was less aggressive maybe he keeps the puck but doesn't fool Bishop, so you never know. But he stopped a few of the shooters.

As for the two goals, unfortunate. The second one he never saw, and the first one was a shot wide that bounced back to the crease like a tennis ball -- both Bishop and Methot looked like they didn't expect it to happen.

I kept seeing Rangers get behind him and miss the net. I really think this was a lucky SO win.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Per Mendes...

Ian Mendes‏@ian_mendes

Paul MacLean says that he hasn't made up his mind on his starting goalie vs Toronto.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Awful? I wouldn't say that, but he wasn't stellar. Still..he got the job done and he's been pretty good this year.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hobiesens wrote:Per Mendes...

Ian Mendes‏@ian_mendes

Paul MacLean says that he hasn't made up his mind on his starting goalie vs Toronto.
Standard response... PMac mindfucking the media...

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:
I kept seeing Rangers get behind him and miss the net. I really think this was a lucky SO win.

I think his height throws them off. I think some NJ players were saying that (or was it DeBoer).

In any case Bishop's game is more about being in correct position in which case he can stop anything. But if he's caught he's not mobile enough to recover.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hoags wrote:
spader wrote:

I think his height throws them off. I think some NJ players were saying that (or was it DeBoer).

In any case Bishop's game is more about being in correct position in which case he can stop anything. But if he's caught he's not mobile enough to recover.
Read the Rags fan sites and threads at HFB on Bishop. They're complaining that he's so big, all he has to do is stand there and let the pucks hit him. Heh heh.

Bunch of whiners.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:
spader wrote:

I think it was more the positioning of the net that won that game. If the Rangers had been able to hit it, they'd have scored more in that SO. Laugh1

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum