GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Feb. 23rd, 2013

+14
sandysensfan
spader
Cap'n Clutch
Hobiesens
PTFlea
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
wprager
NEELY
SensHulk
Flo The Action
tim1_2
Hoags
shabbs
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 14]

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:
I kept seeing Rangers get behind him and miss the net. I really think this was a lucky SO win.

I think his height throws them off. I think some NJ players were saying that (or was it DeBoer).

In any case Bishop's game is more about being in correct position in which case he can stop anything. But if he's caught he's not mobile enough to recover.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hoags wrote:
spader wrote:
I kept seeing Rangers get behind him and miss the net. I really think this was a lucky SO win.

I think his height throws them off. I think some NJ players were saying that (or was it DeBoer).

In any case Bishop's game is more about being in correct position in which case he can stop anything. But if he's caught he's not mobile enough to recover.
Read the Rags fan sites and threads at HFB on Bishop. They're complaining that he's so big, all he has to do is stand there and let the pucks hit him. Heh heh.

Bunch of whiners.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:
spader wrote:

I think it was more the positioning of the net that won that game. If the Rangers had been able to hit it, they'd have scored more in that SO. Laugh1

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

spader wrote:
Hoags wrote:
spader wrote:

I think it was more the positioning of the net that won that game. If the Rangers had been able to hit it, they'd have scored more in that SO. Laugh1
Heh. They must have moved the net...

Wink

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
spader wrote:
Hoags wrote:
spader wrote:

Wink

Ha. On each shot. Seriously, though, he got beat at least three times in that SO and only one puck found its way into the net.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

spader wrote:
shabbs wrote:
spader wrote:
Hoags wrote:
spader wrote:

Wink

Ha. On each shot. Seriously, though, he got beat at least three times in that SO and only one puck found its way into the net.
Same thing happened with Bishop the other day vs Jersey... hmmm... the magical powers of HUGEness. Like anti-gravity... pushing the pucks away... He is... The Other ONE.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

That's what worries me, he gets beaten a lot and it stays out somehow. I think that luck is bound to change at some point.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:
shabbs wrote:
spader wrote:
Hoags wrote:
spader wrote:

Wink

Who cares man, anderson got beat in each and every single shootout attempt this season....Bish did fine in the game.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

A commenter on Senschirp said he has a friend who lives in TO and apparently busloads upon busloads of Leaf fans are coming up for the game.

Question is -- how did they get so many tickets if the Sens were so intent on keeping them out of the arena..?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Scored myself some tickets to the game...I'm going with, yes, a Leaf fan. He is reasonable though, and not much on an Donkey. Smile Laugh1

Pretty much anything can happen in this game.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

sandysensfan wrote:

Question is -- how did they get so many tickets if the Sens were so intent on keeping them out of the arena..?

Anyone can buy tickets. There is still tickets available for purchase. The only way to stop the influx of Leaf fans is to get the tickets ourselves.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It's not just people from Toronto. This past decade, while the Leafs were sucking, do you really think someone would spend money on tickets, gas, the 9 hours driving, hotel stay just to watch a bad team they could watch from their couch? A lot of our own season ticket holders are *not* Sens fans. A kid on my son's team (last year), his parents are season ticket holders. The dad is a Leafs fan, the son and mother are Habs fans. None of them will be wearing Sens jerseys tomorrow and Monday. We have many, many Leafs fans in this city.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:We have many, many Leafs fans in this city.

And we always will. Hopefully over the years we'll have more Sens fans who can afford (season)tickets.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

Anyone can buy tickets. There is still tickets available for purchase. The only way to stop the influx of Leaf fans is to get the tickets ourselves.

Seriously. They aren't actually preventing anyone from buying tickets. All they can do is what they're doing and make tickets cheaper for known assumed-to-be-Sens fans (STH).

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hoags wrote:

And we always will. Hopefully over the years we'll have more Sens fans who can afford (season)tickets.
It will take time... a lot of time...

Ottawa is stuck right in the middle of Habs Nation and Leafs Nation... it's no surprise there are tons of those fans at Sens home games. They're everywhere. Leafs were founded in 1917. Habs in 1909. It is what it is.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
Hoags wrote:

Ottawa is stuck right in the middle of Habs Nation and Leafs Nation... it's no surprise there are tons of those fans at Sens home games. They're everywhere. Leafs were founded in 1917. Habs in 1909. It is what it is.

f the laffs

FYP Ahhhhh!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

spader wrote:
shabbs wrote:
Hoags wrote:

f the laffs

FYP Ahhhhh!
f the mother Cussing laffs up and down the 401... twice...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
Hoags wrote:

I know one guy who was born in 1917 -- my father in law. I doubt many people could say the same, and I doubt that *anyone* can say they know someone who was born in 1909 ("knew", maybe). So their founding dates are not entirely relevant. What *is* relevant is that anyone not old enough to drink has never lived in this city without the Sens. Attrition will take care of things, eventually. Winning a Cup wouldn't hurt, either.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum