GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Feb. 23rd, 2013

+14
sandysensfan
spader
Cap'n Clutch
Hobiesens
PTFlea
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
wprager
NEELY
SensHulk
Flo The Action
tim1_2
Hoags
shabbs
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 14]

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:why would someone do something this disgusting?

I know a ton of Leafs fans. None of them are like this.

That's the kind of D-bags that show up to SBP. They're just jealous ( they thought Schenn would be better).

spader wrote:
Sens are basically just crying louder, I guess. Facepalm Laugh1

http://www.tsn.ca/toronto/blogs/jonas_siegel/?id=416723

Typical pre-gamesmanship.

MacLean outcoached Carlyle, although CBC thinks he is great at line matching because he'd put McLaren out against Neil who'd try and get him to fight.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:Ha!

“We have our share too; we just haven't made as big a splash about our share of injuries I guess. Our media isn't allowed to do that I guess.”

- Carlyle, addressing the Senators injury situation.

Sens are basically just crying louder, I guess. Facepalm Laugh1

http://www.tsn.ca/toronto/blogs/jonas_siegel/?id=416723

No, no, it's true. They lost Lupul -- that's the equivalent of Michalek for us. Except Lupul was lost for a lot longer (or at least we think so). And Reimer is their #1. And they do have some AHL players in their lineup, for sure. Some are callups.

But, please:

Anderson
Cowen
Karlsson
Spezza
Michalek
Regin
Latendresse

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Carlyle thorws himself under the bus...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2013/02/24/randy_carlyle_takes_blame_maple_leafs_loss_senators/

"We talked about the deficiencies in last night's game and some of the things we could have done better -- the coaching staff included," Carlyle said Sunday after practice. "I think I've got to bear responsibility, I should have called a timeout with 28 seconds left for the faceoff. Those are the things that you have to do.

"I made that mistake or we as a coaching staff made that mistake, so we have to learn from that."

Leaf fans are hanging it on Scrivens and Gunnarson as well. Sens out played the Leafs. PMac out coached Carlyle. It is what it is.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yes, he got out-coached at the end, but the team got outplayed for most of the game. That part is not on Carlyle.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Yes, he got out-coached at the end, but the team got outplayed for most of the game. That part is not on Carlyle.

Umm...ya it is.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Yost has an interesting article comparing MacLean and Carlyle:
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Travis-Yost/Randy-Carlyle-v-Paul-MacLean/134/49531#.USrc-jDvvTo

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Who was that Moron again on twitter (sportsnet guy I think?) who said last year if the draft was remade Gardiner would be taken before Karlsson?

Morale of the story: Leafs fans and their media ain't even worth talking about anymore.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeKing wrote:Who was that Moron again on twitter (sportsnet guy I think?) who said last year if the draft was remade Gardiner would be taken before Karlsson?

Morale of the story: Leafs fans and their media ain't even worth talking about anymore.
Dunno but that sounds like that loser Damian Cox to me.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

LeKing wrote:Who was that Moron again on twitter (sportsnet guy I think?) who said last year if the draft was remade Gardiner would be taken before Karlsson?

Greg Brady on Fan 590(https://twitter.com/bradyfan590)

Found it !
https://twitter.com/bradyfan590/status/155747348516052993

bradyfan590 Greg Brady
If you did 08 NHL Draft over (R1) here's my guess: 1.Stamkos 2.Doughty 3.Myers 4.Hodgson 5.Bogosian 6.Gardiner 7.Alex P 8.Eberle 9.Schenn

Notice the absence of #65 there, He posted this in January when EK was well on his way.

All sorts of fail there, Gardiner > Pietrangelo is almost as funny.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Brady's come around since then. He was on the "EK's not the real deal" train for a long while but came to his senses eventually.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Brady's come around since then. He was on the "EK's not the real deal" train for a long while but came to his senses eventually.

I think the only other player from that draft who is at Karlsson's value is Stamkos. Seriously, Karlsson is probably approaching that kind of top-5, elite category, alongside guys like Crosby, Malkin, and Stamkos. Or at least it was looking that way leading up to the injury.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Or people should just stop listening to the media or take anything they say seriously. 90% of the have no idea what they are talking about other than having the access to talk to people within certain organizations.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I don't take them seriously (especially media in Toronto who always overrate anything and anyone good on that team).

That tweet just stood as one of the dumbest things I ever read, even Mendes called him out on it.

I'm sure Brady has come around since, I'd say it's awfully hard to take anyone seriously who dismisses EK by now. As much as it must hurt anyone to Toronto to admit that Ottawa has a generational talent on their blueline.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Or people should just stop listening to the media or take anything they say seriously. 90% of the have no idea what they are talking about other than having the access to talk to people within certain organizations.

This. You find out pretty quick who is worth listening to and who isn't. The media should try to stick to reporting the news.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum