GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Feb. 23rd, 2013

+14
sandysensfan
spader
Cap'n Clutch
Hobiesens
PTFlea
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
wprager
NEELY
SensHulk
Flo The Action
tim1_2
Hoags
shabbs
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 14]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

f the laffs.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:Please win, quadruple...

SOLD!!!
Crown. Royal. On. Ice.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

tim1_2 wrote:Where is the Crown Royal?

Also...I imagine we see Lehner in this game.
The CR is on ice now...

It's Bishop's turn to run with this I think. He'll get the next few starts for sure. We don't have a back to back until next weekend. Hopefully Andy is back soon.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I dunno...Bishop wasn't overly sharp when he came in for Matrix , granted those were tough circumstances. Toronto will be our stiffest test (who saw that coming?).. I can really see Lehner getting the nod tomorrow. Didn't he shut out the Bs when he came in under the same circumstances last year?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Yah, I think Lehner comes in and gets the big game on the big stage, taylor made for him basically. Lehner has been the good soldier, done his job, earned his way to the NHL, and he should be getting the game and is probably better suited for it.

Bishop has been solid when asked but he's not a goaltender I would want to have in the nets in a pressure situation or game, Lehner is.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:I dunno...Bishop wasn't overly sharp when he came in for Matrix , granted those were tough circumstances. Toronto will be our stiffest test (who saw that coming?).. I can really see Lehner getting the nod tomorrow. Didn't he shut out the Bs when he came in under the same circumstances last year?

Bishop doesn't seem very good when he comes in cold in relief of Andy.

When he starts a game and gets to prepare in advance he is much better.

I still think MacLean will show faith in Bishop and give him the chance. If you put Lehner in you are pretty much saying you have no faith in Bishop to win a key game.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I dunno...Bishop wasn't overly sharp when he came in for Matrix , granted those were tough circumstances. Toronto will be our stiffest test (who saw that coming?).. I can really see Lehner getting the nod tomorrow. Didn't he shut out the Bs when he came in under the same circumstances last year?

I still think MacLean will show faith in Bishop and give him the chance. If you put Lehner in you are pretty much saying you have no faith in Bishop to win a key game.

Agreed.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Pretty certain Bishop will start based on him winning his last two, but certain Lehner gets one of these next two (he maybe gets the habs on monday)

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Might be the case but either way both guys have to be sharp and there is no room for error in nets right now. The fact Karlsson is even pushing for a very late season return right now is amazing and if they get him back come playoff time this team might make some noise.

Not a must win on Saturday night but it could be very important.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Might be the case but either way both guys have to be sharp and there is no room for error in nets right now. The fact Karlsson is even pushing for a very late season return right now is amazing and if they get him back come playoff time this team might make some noise.

Nice thing is, as fans, we can have faith in either one. Feels aaaaalright.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:Leafs are rolling along an they're really good on the road. Gonna be tough.

Laws of averages.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Hoags wrote:

Agreed.
Seconded.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
NEELY wrote:Might be the case but either way both guys have to be sharp and there is no room for error in nets right now. The fact Karlsson is even pushing for a very late season return right now is amazing and if they get him back come playoff time this team might make some noise.

But Andy is tweeting that his ankle is alright and he'll be back ASAP. He was seen walking around without a noticeable limp. Personally, I want to see Lehner and Bishop split the next two games to give Anderson some rest. And it would make sense to go with Bishop against the Leafs since Lehner would be spending half the day driving. Would be nice for him to have a full practice with the team before he starts.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I certainly want Lehner to shut out Montreal more than Toronto

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:Pretty certain Bishop will start based on him winning his last two, but certain Lehner gets one of these next two (he maybe gets the habs on monday)

I'd bet on Bishop as well on Saturday. Maybe Lehner Monday.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

But Andy is tweeting that his ankle is alright and he'll be back ASAP. He was seen walking around without a noticeable limp. Personally, I want to see Lehner and Bishop split the next two games to give Anderson some rest. And it would make sense to go with Bishop against the Leafs since Lehner would be spending half the day driving. Would be nice for him to have a full practice with the team before he starts.

Lehner is on the ice for practice today.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:Pretty certain Bishop will start based on him winning his last two, but certain Lehner gets one of these next two (he maybe gets the habs on monday)

For what it's worth, Lehner is in the starters net today for practice... as per BooBoo.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

For what it's worth, Lehner is in the starters net today for practice... as per BooBoo.

Hmmm, not sure why you'd play Lehner over Bishop right now, but either way it's a good option.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum