GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+20
Cap'n Clutch
Hockeyhero22000
Number Twenty Nine
dennycrane
tim1_2
spader
Oglethorpe
SensHulk
Hobiesens
Bramlet07
Ev
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
Flo The Action
shabbs
wprager
NEELY
LeCaptain
PTFlea
sandysensfan
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

496Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:40 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think there is certainly "a chance" that someone would claim Benoit.

I think the rumours of this team "not being able to score" are greatly exaggerated. We had a billion chances last night, and the only thing that stopped us from winning that game was a brilliant performance by Ward, and a little bad luck.

We keep playing like that, and the goals will come.

No need to make a trade, unless it's for someone that will help us for years to come.

497Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:54 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

No Matrix on the ice for practice this morning.

Season. Over.

498Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:58 am

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran

NEELY wrote:More rumours about Weiss coming to Ottawa. It does make sense no matter what way you look at it. Kind of reminds me of Ray Whitney that he does have good seasons very quietly, scored 20 basically every year, and probably has a good 6-10 years of hockey left in him. Is he playing any worse then Perry right now? Probably not.

Is Weiss the right fit in Ottawa? Short term 100% he is. Long term? Not so sure but he's a good player. I wouldn't be upset if the Sens could flip him in a deal. I would assume a starting price would be a mid tier prospect and a roster player.

Regin, Peumpel, 3rd? Probably close to that.

I assume you feel that's the price of a signed Weiss and not a rental. If it's rental, that's not a deal I'd do but I'd be willing to pay a little more if he's signed.

499Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:05 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Well no, you would need to get the guy signed for sure.

500Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:06 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm disappointed that Boro got sent down personally. I liked his game a lot. I guess that's life with Benoit playing solid hockey and Wiercioch playing well and Lundin coming in

501Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:20 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:I'm disappointed that Boro got sent down personally. I liked his game a lot. I guess that's life with Benoit playing solid hockey and Wiercioch playing well and Lundin coming in

Gryba > Borowiecki right now just because of the simple fact there are too many LH shots in the organization on the blueline. Gryba deserves a shot and has paid all of his dues.

502Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:32 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeKing wrote:
wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:I'd look at Brian Boyle to add to our centre depth. Great player having a tough start to the year.

He'd have to formally apologize to Karlsson. Actually, no, don't want him. A big guy like that and he picks on a twig? Boyle is too soft.

If we had him on our team, wouldn't you want him to piss off The other team's best player, small or not?

Not that way. I don't like disrespect and intimidation.

503Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:47 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
LeKing wrote:
wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:I'd look at Brian Boyle to add to our centre depth. Great player having a tough start to the year.

He'd have to formally apologize to Karlsson. Actually, no, don't want him. A big guy like that and he picks on a twig? Boyle is too soft.

If we had him on our team, wouldn't you want him to piss off The other team's best player, small or not?

Not that way. I don't like disrespect and intimidation.

Do you like Chris Neil?

504Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:11 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

NEELY wrote:No surprising and predictable. Right move. I wouldn't mind them sending Benoit down and giving Gryba a shot as well but we'll see how that plays out and see if Benoit cab rebound, that was a really tough game last night.

I would be on Weircioch being in against the Jets tomorrow.

Benoit wouldn't clear waivers.. some team would pick him up. He is basically a rookie defenseman... and rookies do make mistakes. Now the Chris Phillips pinch and the lack of coverage of that open spot by Zach Smith on the first Carolina goal.. I'm mad at.

505Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:17 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

NEELY wrote:Well no, you would need to get the guy signed for sure.

According to Boo Boo it's a maintenance day. He may or may not play tomorrow.. which means Bishop.. who I'm just not comfortable with.. I know he has to play at some point.. but this team can't afford to throw away points.. The Jets have guys who can put the puck in the net.

Lundin was not on the ice either. He is at the hospital with his wife and son for the birth of their twins. Good luck to them. I thought Lundin had a good game last night for his first with a new team, new partner and new system.

506Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:35 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

sandysensfan wrote:
NEELY wrote:No surprising and predictable. Right move. I wouldn't mind them sending Benoit down and giving Gryba a shot as well but we'll see how that plays out and see if Benoit cab rebound, that was a really tough game last night.

I would be on Weircioch being in against the Jets tomorrow.

Benoit wouldn't clear waivers.. some team would pick him up. He is basically a rookie defenseman... and rookies do make mistakes. Now the Chris Phillips pinch and the lack of coverage of that open spot by Zach Smith on the first Carolina goal.. I'm mad at.

Haha, how good do people think Benoit is? I'm not saying it's not possible he wouldn't be picked up but I doubt it. Again, every team has a Benoit.

507Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:42 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I have a feeling we'll see Bishop vs the Jets...

508Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:46 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:I have a feeling we'll see Bishop vs the Jets...

We might, let Anderson catch his breath a little and recharge. Bishop needs some action so lets hope he can pull one out tomorrow with a solid outing. Jets are a team that is struggling big time so he should be able to hold them off the score sheet a little.

509Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:26 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I'm disappointed that Boro got sent down personally. I liked his game a lot. I guess that's life with Benoit playing solid hockey and Wiercioch playing well and Lundin coming in

Gryba > Borowiecki right now just because of the simple fact there are too many LH shots in the organization on the blueline. Gryba deserves a shot and has paid all of his dues.

Yeah, doubt that happens anytime soon though. We're full on D which is why they let Boro go back. Don't see it unless they're gonna carry 8 D for a bit or return Wiercioch. At this point there's almost no chance Benoit is waived back, the guy has paid his dues and has been excellent for us. Last night was the first time I saw him have a less than stellar game, so he's fine.

510Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:48 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I don't think Benoit will be sent back down but if he has another game like he did yesterday any time soon it might happen. Also, I do think they want to give Gryba a look and once again, they need that RH shot.

511Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:57 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It doesn't work that way though. Benoit came in and did exactly what was asked of him - plus he'd need to clear waivers. Murray and Mac would much rather keep him in the NHL and scratch him than risk losing him - especially in a shortened season with an old man as one of your top 4.

I'll admit, Benoit needs to avoid having an off game again, but he's won the benefit of the doubt for the rest of the season barring a trade - that's my opinion, we'll see if it actually shakes out that way or not, but I think that's what will happen.

As for a RHD - we need one bad. We've needed one bad for a while and matters are getting dire. People can see now that a leftie playing the right side is a bad idea, limits options badly on what they can do - especially in the defensive zone.

512Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:01 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

It was driving me mental yesterday every single time Lundin, Gonchar, or Benoit would come around the boards and be forced to dump it out on their back... it either barely got out, they fanned, or was kept in. RHD is a must going forward and I am not sure how they will go about it.

Also, I am not in any way saying Benoit is going anywhere but another game like that and they will start to question it. I also think they rather him stay in Ottawa as a healthy scratch than send him back down.

513Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 34 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:04 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's really obvious too - even in the offensive zone. Wrong handed players get pinned along the board all the time instead of being able to make the proper plays.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum