GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+20
Cap'n Clutch
Hockeyhero22000
Number Twenty Nine
dennycrane
tim1_2
spader
Oglethorpe
SensHulk
Hobiesens
Bramlet07
Ev
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
Flo The Action
shabbs
wprager
NEELY
LeCaptain
PTFlea
sandysensfan
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 67]

481Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:02 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:More rumours about Weiss coming to Ottawa. It does make sense no matter what way you look at it. Kind of reminds me of Ray Whitney that he does have good seasons very quietly, scored 20 basically every year, and probably has a good 6-10 years of hockey left in him. Is he playing any worse then Perry right now? Probably not.

Is Weiss the right fit in Ottawa? Short term 100% he is. Long term? Not so sure but he's a good player. I wouldn't be upset if the Sens could flip him in a deal. I would assume a starting price would be a mid tier prospect and a roster player.

Regin, Peumpel, 3rd? Probably close to that.

I hate rentals though. That's for Cup contenders who have every piece in place. If we get him, I'd want to extend him immediately, but why would he do that?

Also, where are the rumours coming from? A legit source or some dude in his basement like Eklund?

Who knows, not sure if he is a rental or not but he has a lot of good hockey left in him and the Sens need to get to the cap floor. As good as fit as Weiss is for Ottawa it would be just as good for Weiss. Comes into a team that building to be a contender and is close now, doesn't have to carry the load, playing with or behind a true #1 center... good fit. They also have money to pay him on a 5 year deal or so.

It makes sense and I am not sure the price would be through the roof for a rental. This would be a lot like a Mike Fisher deal IMO.

No doubt about that but the only way he sticks is if he plays wing, right?

482Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:10 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I would call him a top 6 utility player if that makes any sense. You move in and out of the different positions on the top 2 lines, play 1st unit PP, etc. Spezza never plays a full season so having a guy like Weiss for the next few years and knowing if Spezza goes down for 2 weeks, a month, etc, you have a guy that can carry the load for a little while.

50-60 points a season out of Weiss, 20 goals, that's something this team needs and at the same time it allows other kids to find their legs without the pressure of producing right away.

483Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:19 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I would completely agree with picking up Weiss only if he can play the wing and if we can extend him. once spezza comes back i do not want Turris demoted to the 3rd line and weiss as a 3rd line center would be a waste.

as a rental, no way. stick t the rebuilding process.

484Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:36 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

He's not being traded 10 games into the season.

485Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:33 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'd look at Brian Boyle to add to our centre depth. Great player having a tough start to the year.

486Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:42 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:I'd look at Brian Boyle to add to our centre depth. Great player having a tough start to the year.

He'd have to formally apologize to Karlsson. Actually, no, don't want him. A big guy like that and he picks on a twig? Boyle is too soft.

487Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:49 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

BoroCop sent down:

Via NHL_Sens: #Sens re-assign defenceman Mark Borowiecki to Binghamton (AHL): http://ottsens.com/TUjUeO

https://twitter.com/NHL_Sens/status/299907484380962816

488Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:56 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

No surprising and predictable. Right move. I wouldn't mind them sending Benoit down and giving Gryba a shot as well but we'll see how that plays out and see if Benoit cab rebound, that was a really tough game last night.

I would be on Weircioch being in against the Jets tomorrow.

489Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:57 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Can't carry 8 deal all season. He'll be back for sure. I liked what I saw form him. Very promising.

490Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:01 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:Can't carry 8 deal all season. He'll be back for sure. I liked what I saw form him. Very promising.

He was show cased for sure and could be a piece going the other way in a trade. I think at this point Gryba might be the more desirable player just simply because he is a RH shot and that's a huge issue right now when the Sens are in their own zone. Everyone except Karlsson is on their backhand when they are to the right of Anderson.

491Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:05 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:No surprising and predictable. Right move. I wouldn't mind them sending Benoit down and giving Gryba a shot as well but we'll see how that plays out and see if Benoit cab rebound, that was a really tough game last night.

Benoit would be picked up on waivers 100% (likely the sabres). Just keep him for the rest of the season

492Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:06 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Michallica wrote:
NEELY wrote:No surprising and predictable. Right move. I wouldn't mind them sending Benoit down and giving Gryba a shot as well but we'll see how that plays out and see if Benoit cab rebound, that was a really tough game last night.

Benoit would be picked up on waivers 100% (likely the sabres). Just keep him for the rest of the season

Not so sure about that. How many guys are picked up off of waivers that are 29 year old NHL rookies? Not a ton. Remember, if he's picked up on waivers he HAS to be part of the NHL roster for the entire season, not sure any team would take that risk.

493Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:09 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

He's played well enough though. A few mistakes here and there but Maclean has relied on him as well. I'm pretty sure he'd get picked up by a struggling team looking for some defensive help. That being said, i am in favor of sitting him in order to give Weircioch a chance to provide offence since we can't score.

I actually think as good as weircioch has looked, if he's not playing right now he should be playing in the AHL (that's when we should call up gryba).

494Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:13 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:I'd look at Brian Boyle to add to our centre depth. Great player having a tough start to the year.

He'd have to formally apologize to Karlsson. Actually, no, don't want him. A big guy like that and he picks on a twig? Boyle is too soft.

If we had him on our team, wouldn't you want him to piss off The other team's best player, small or not?

495Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:16 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Michallica wrote:He's played well enough though. A few mistakes here and there but Maclean has relied on him as well. I'm pretty sure he'd get picked up by a struggling team looking for some defensive help. That being said, i am in favor of sitting him in order to give Weircioch a chance to provide offence since we can't score.

I actually think as good as weircioch has looked, if he's not playing right now he should be playing in the AHL (that's when we should call up gryba).

I don't think there is any chance Benoit is picked up... there are tons of Benoits out there and in every organization.

496Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:40 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think there is certainly "a chance" that someone would claim Benoit.

I think the rumours of this team "not being able to score" are greatly exaggerated. We had a billion chances last night, and the only thing that stopped us from winning that game was a brilliant performance by Ward, and a little bad luck.

We keep playing like that, and the goals will come.

No need to make a trade, unless it's for someone that will help us for years to come.

497Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:54 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

No Matrix on the ice for practice this morning.

Season. Over.

498Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 33 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:58 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

NEELY wrote:More rumours about Weiss coming to Ottawa. It does make sense no matter what way you look at it. Kind of reminds me of Ray Whitney that he does have good seasons very quietly, scored 20 basically every year, and probably has a good 6-10 years of hockey left in him. Is he playing any worse then Perry right now? Probably not.

Is Weiss the right fit in Ottawa? Short term 100% he is. Long term? Not so sure but he's a good player. I wouldn't be upset if the Sens could flip him in a deal. I would assume a starting price would be a mid tier prospect and a roster player.

Regin, Peumpel, 3rd? Probably close to that.

I assume you feel that's the price of a signed Weiss and not a rental. If it's rental, that's not a deal I'd do but I'd be willing to pay a little more if he's signed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum