GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+20
Cap'n Clutch
Hockeyhero22000
Number Twenty Nine
dennycrane
tim1_2
spader
Oglethorpe
SensHulk
Hobiesens
Bramlet07
Ev
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
Flo The Action
shabbs
wprager
NEELY
LeCaptain
PTFlea
sandysensfan
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 50 of 67]

736Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 50 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:00 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Well the Islanders def need some forwards up front, no question. Ottawa needs a top 4 RH D man that can play in every situation to play behind Karlsson and Hamonic is exactly that.

Islanders have a lot of D men in the cupboard right now and some guys they are high on... maybe they can afford to part with Hamonic but we'll see. I doubt it.

737Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 50 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:07 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Hate all the Avs dmen but perhaps Wilson + ror? Not sure, but something will happen soon imo.

Would it make sense to trade ROR to the Islanders, Zibanejad to Colorado, and Hamonic and a pick to Ottawa?

Oh yeah. Don't think the Isles would feel the same way though.

738Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 50 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:08 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Or Hamonic + Okposo and Ottawa adds a little something, but I don't like Okposo and never will. LOVE Hamonic though, but again...doubt they ever let him go.

739Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 50 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:11 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Hamonic is one of their better guys though, they can't move him. You need to look at extra players/prospects or odd men out.

Maybe get Wisniewski now, he could work next to Methot (plus they know each other) and he could slot in behind EK next year.

740Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 50 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:15 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, good call, The Wiz is another guy we might go after. Hejda perhaps, not sure, but the irons are in the fire as we speak, I guarantee it.

741Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 50 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:27 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Diddle it, call up Huge Speciman

742Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 50 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:32 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Wonder when they will annouce Gryba is coming up.

743Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 50 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:36 am

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Not a huge fan of this guy but Ryan Whitney could be brought in if they feel they need someone for the PP. If they could protect his minutes, he could be ok.

744Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 50 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:44 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

dennycrane wrote:Not a huge fan of this guy but Ryan Whitney could be brought in if they feel they need someone for the PP. If they could protect his minutes, he could be ok.

Not a fan either, but this was the first name that popped into my mind as a guy you can give a 5th for and see what happens. Smyth too, although the last game I saw him in he was fing terrible.

745Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 50 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:47 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Better off giving Weircioch, Gryba, whoever else some time. Whitney is a plug and nothing more.

746Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 50 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:48 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Better off giving Weircioch, Gryba, whoever else some time. Whitney is a plug and nothing more.

He is, but he's a plug with NHL experience - especially on the PP, where we'll live and die. I'm really not a fan, so I can't defend acquiring him, but it'll be a 'plug' or two that we acquire unless Murray wins the ROR sweeps.

747Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 50 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:00 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Ryan Whitney would cost the absolute least in my books and if the sens want to keep those 1st, 2nd round picks, he's the only one I think we can get without sacrificing much, if anything.

By no means is anyone trying to imply that he is 'the one'. He's got an expiring contract and if you don't know how the rest of this season turns out, why would you want to get rid of the first rounder or 2nd rounder for another dman who may or may not help stabilize us?

My thinking is Murray rides it the way it is till Monday. If we get blown out on Saturday night against the hated leafs, you better believe Murray is going to make a move. Either way, I think he makes some kind of a move (i.e. trade or UFA signing)

What UFA can the sens target?

748Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 50 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:03 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:Ryan Whitney would cost the absolute least in my books and if the sens want to keep those 1st, 2nd round picks, he's the only one I think we can get without sacrificing much, if anything.

By no means is anyone trying to imply that he is 'the one'. He's got an expiring contract and if you don't know how the rest of this season turns out, why would you want to get rid of the first rounder or 2nd rounder for another dman who may or may not help stabilize us?

My thinking is Murray rides it the way it is till Monday. If we get blown out on Saturday night against the hated leafs, you better believe Murray is going to make a move. Either way, I think he makes some kind of a move (i.e. trade or UFA signing)

No one IMO. It's trade or bust right now.

749Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 50 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:03 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Who are on twitter in here btw?
Send me your handles

750Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 50 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:05 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:Ryan Whitney would cost the absolute least in my books and if the sens want to keep those 1st, 2nd round picks, he's the only one I think we can get without sacrificing much, if anything.

Dreger mentioned that EDM would prefer to have Whitney find his game because they need him.

751Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 50 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:08 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Dreger mentioned that EDM would prefer to have Whitney find his game because they need him.

From the press box? I mean, he's pissed off right now, I don't think they can mend that bridge.

752Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 50 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:11 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

From the press box? I mean, he's pissed off right now, I don't think they can mend that bridge.

Tell it to Dreger.

I'd sooner see young Jay Bouwmeester join the Sens anyway.

Last edited by SeawaySensFan on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total

753Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 50 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:11 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Tell it to Dreger.

I'd sooner see young Jay Boumeester join the Sens anyway.

Depends on the cost, but yeah, I'll admit he'd fill the void at least partly.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 50 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum