GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+20
Cap'n Clutch
Hockeyhero22000
Number Twenty Nine
dennycrane
tim1_2
spader
Oglethorpe
SensHulk
Hobiesens
Bramlet07
Ev
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
Flo The Action
shabbs
wprager
NEELY
LeCaptain
PTFlea
sandysensfan
24 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 67]

1Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Empty Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:58 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Speaking of the AHL All-Star Game... 4 of the 6 goalies have/had ties to Ottawa or the Sens..

Lehner/Brust/McElhinney/Mzarek...

2Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:04 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Noticed that as well

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

sandysensfan wrote:Speaking of the AHL All-Star Game... 4 of the 6 goalies have/had ties to Ottawa or the Sens..

And they call this city the goalie graveyard? Sarcasm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:Geez, Gryba just shot 99.6 MPH at the all star game

Yah he has a cannon on the back end. Really hope he gets the call soon because they need him over the long haul right now. Don't see why he wouldn't get a shot in pretty quick order, he deserves it and he will allow Phillips to play on the left side where he is way more comfortable.

I'm with Ev when he says Benoit will be the one going back down to Bingo when Lundin is back.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeKid wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:Speaking of the AHL All-Star Game... 4 of the 6 goalies have/had ties to Ottawa or the Sens..

And they call this city the goalie graveyard? Sarcasm

Well, to be fair, Brust never played up in Ottawa; Mrazek is another team's prospect, and Lehner has been pretty good when given the chance.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:

Yah he has a cannon on the back end. Really hope he gets the call soon because they need him over the long haul right now. Don't see why he wouldn't get a shot in pretty quick order, he deserves it and he will allow Phillips to play on the left side where he is way more comfortable.

I'm with Ev when he says Benoit will be the one going back down to Bingo when Lundin is back.

Gryba is 2nd in the league in +/-, just one behind the leader Korobov, who has played one game more. Gryba would be played more in a defensive role, and to have a natural RHS playing the right side on the PK. He wouldn't be using that shot very much, probably.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Gryba is 2nd in the league in +/-, just one behind the leader Korobov, who has played one game more. Gryba would be played more in a defensive role, and to have a natural RHS playing the right side on the PK. He wouldn't be using that shot very much, probably.

No he wouldn't but still a weapon none the less on the 2nd PP unit if they are looking for a big shot from the point. Either way, you're right when you say they really need a RH shot on the PK... it's too hard to clear the puck on a backhand and it will make an already good PK even better.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Speaking of which, the Sens went 6-6 on the PK. Pittsburgh's PP was clicking at 35% prior to yesterday's game. Not bad with two rookie D in the lineup. Boston is 17 for 17 on the PK -- unreal. But Chicago is 22 for 23. Unrealer.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

That was a tough game to lose last night, and the last team you want to go to a shootout with is the Pens. Boys put in a solid effort, Anderson was amazing as usual but can't fault him in the shoot out. He faced three of the best shooters in the NHL...

Take the point and pound the crap out of the Caps.

10Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:51 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:That was a tough game to lose last night, and the last team you want to go to a shootout with is the Pens. Boys put in a solid effort, Anderson was amazing as usual but can't fault him in the shoot out. He faced three of the best shooters in the NHL...

Take the point and pound the crap out of the Caps.

They dropped the Pens' PP into 10th place (one behind us Smile ).

You know how I don't like crapping on the refs ... Sarcasm so I won't; it's already been done. But I've got to say I *HATE* this new faceoff rule. It makes absolutely no sense. You can glove the puck to a team mate in the defensive zone, so why can't you do that off a face off? And to add insult to, well, insult, on a face off during the ensuing PP whoever was taking the draw for the Pens, in a similar situation, batted the puck to a team mate with his skate. Can someone explain to me the rationale for this rule? Just like shooting the puck over the boards -- why is that a 2 minute delay of game penalty, but icing the puck isn't? Why is a gloved-ahead pass simply a stoppage of play but a gloved ahead (or even gloved behind) pass off a face off is. And where is the cutoff? How long after the puck is dropped can it be considered no-longer a faceoff violation? Or how far away from the dot?

I hate rules that are aimed at artificially increasing the number of powerplays. We have plenty of rules that are already there, just waiting to be enforced. Like driving your elbow into a guy's head against the boards when he's on his knees (and Smith was on his knees for a good 2 seconds before Glass hit him.

11Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:34 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I hope they really rest it up. with the caps on tuesday they'll be tired again on wednesday against the habs. the good side is montreal is also playing tuesday.

12Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:26 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Speaking of which, the Sens went 6-6 on the PK. Pittsburgh's PP was clicking at 35% prior to yesterday's game. Not bad with two rookie D in the lineup. Boston is 17 for 17 on the PK -- unreal. But Chicago is 22 for 23. Unrealer.

The forwards are doing such an amazing job on the PK, makes it very easy for the defensemen.
I think it comes down to stamina, we have like 8 forwards PK-ing, keeps them fresh. I compared it to some teams and while there are some who have as many PK-ing, our players TOI are spread out better.

13Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:31 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
You know how I don't like crapping on the refs ... Sarcasm so I won't; it's already been done. But I've got to say I *HATE* this new faceoff rule. It makes absolutely no sense. You can glove the puck to a team mate in the defensive zone, so why can't you do that off a face off?

I think it's because certain players (*cough*Konopka*cough*) were more or less cheating at the faceoff by obstructing their opponent and using their hands to pass the puck to a teammate. It's not really a faceoff anymore.

And yes I think it is partially to raise the amount of PPs, although they should crack down on obstruction again.

14Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:36 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

It's not to raise PP's at all. It should be illegal because it takes away from any and all skill needed to win a faceoff. Only way to enforce it is by making it a penalty.

15Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:50 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Anyony expects Bishop in nets this week?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 67]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum