GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+20
Cap'n Clutch
Hockeyhero22000
Number Twenty Nine
dennycrane
tim1_2
spader
Oglethorpe
SensHulk
Hobiesens
Bramlet07
Ev
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
Flo The Action
shabbs
wprager
NEELY
LeCaptain
PTFlea
sandysensfan
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 67]

31Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:24 pm

Hobiesens

Sophomore
Sophomore

No Star of the Week for the Bald Wonder!

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=652904&navid=DL|NHL|home

Marleau
Crawford
St-Louis

32Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:27 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

That's why I have band practices saturday afternoons MJ

33Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:28 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:
wprager wrote:
You know how I don't like crapping on the refs ... Sarcasm so I won't; it's already been done. But I've got to say I *HATE* this new faceoff rule. It makes absolutely no sense. You can glove the puck to a team mate in the defensive zone, so why can't you do that off a face off?

I think it's because certain players (*cough*Konopka*cough*) were more or less cheating at the faceoff by obstructing their opponent and using their hands to pass the puck to a teammate. It's not really a faceoff anymore.

And yes I think it is partially to raise the amount of PPs, although they should crack down on obstruction again.

Then why not call the *actual* infractions that's already in the books (hooking, holding, holding the stick) and not make up an extra, stupid (also, extra-stupid) rule?

And increasing powerplays to increase scoring is also going about it the wrong way. The height and width of the net has not changed, but goalies are bigger and their pads are ridiculous (even after the recently introduced restrictions). Want more goals, change the pads or the the net size.

Although IMO the number of goals is fine. A game can be boring with a 10-7 score and can be as exciting as a heart attack in a 1-0 OT/SO game.

34Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:28 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:It's not to raise PP's at all. It should be illegal because it takes away from any and all skill needed to win a faceoff. Only way to enforce it is by making it a penalty.

Then why is it OK to kick it away?

35Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:30 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:Ken Warren ‏@Citizenkwarren
Wondering if Zack Smith got hurt on hit from Adams late in Sunday's game

This might be the reason.

I figured Hoffman would get the callup 1st.

Could have also been the elbow to the head from Glass.

36Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:32 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:I have band practice tuesday... urrgghhhh i don't wanna miss a game with Mika, hopefuly he'll play the habs game the next day. maybe this is a way to rest up some of their guys so more guys can stay fresh in this busy schedule? depth is good in that respect.

No PVR? What kind of "band"? Can you smuggle in a laptop/tablet and watch it online?

37Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:35 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:I have band practice tuesday... urrgghhhh i don't wanna miss a game with Mika, hopefuly he'll play the habs game the next day. maybe this is a way to rest up some of their guys so more guys can stay fresh in this busy schedule? depth is good in that respect.

No PVR? What kind of "band"? Can you smuggle in a laptop/tablet and watch it online?
yeah No PVR. I'm back at Concordia U this year and i'm limiting my expenses to a bare minimum. i don't think our jam space has wifi. we play kind of like Slade meets the dead boys meets Joan Jett. if that can ring a bell.

38Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:39 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It's your avatar's fault, but I was thinking more of a brass band, not rock band Smile

39Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:50 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

One thing the Sens have to start doing, at least on a way more regular basis is scoring the first goal. Last year this was a problem too, playing catchup the whole game is a tough way to play and in a shortened season this will come back to bite them.

Again, this is on Spezza and Michalek, if they are out there on one of the first, two shifts they need to start making something happen. Can't play 20 mins a night create only 1 or 2 chances a game.

Hopefully they can open up the scoring tomorrow night vs the Caps and put them right back on their heels.

40Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:54 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bring it on! Is it Tuesday yet? No? How about now?

41Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:17 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I wanna see DaCosta more than ZIbanejad

42Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:40 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

LeKid wrote:I wanna see DaCosta more than ZIbanejad

Da Costa isn't meant for a bottom 6 role, Zibanejad could really get his feet under him playing with some hard nose players on the 3rd and 4th lines.

43Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:56 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:

Da Costa isn't meant for a bottom 6 role, Zibanejad could really get his feet under him playing with some hard nose players on the 3rd and 4th lines.

Chris Neil can show him what WIN! is all about.

44Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:59 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:

Latendresse and Alfie would be both out for Zibanejad to play, so that's 2 top 6 spots open

45Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:02 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

LeKid wrote:
NEELY wrote:

Latendresse and Alfie would be both out for Zibanejad to play, so that's 2 top 6 spots open

Maybe but I don't think they are taking Greening off that top line. When he's there, they score.

46Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:16 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Might be a stretch, but they might slide in Zibanejad where Silfv is....could demote him to the 3rd line for a game or two or bench him entirely.

47Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:22 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Michallica wrote:Might be a stretch, but they might slide in Zibanejad where Silfv is....could demote him to the 3rd line for a game or two or bench him entirely.

In all honesty I think they want Zibanejad to be the 3rd line center in Ottawa and hopefully he turns out. If they can get a 20 goal scorer on the 3rd line they are laughing and that's probably Zibanejad's upside, 20-25 goals with a very complete game.

48Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:25 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
Michallica wrote:Might be a stretch, but they might slide in Zibanejad where Silfv is....could demote him to the 3rd line for a game or two or bench him entirely.

In all honesty I think they want Zibanejad to be the 3rd line center in Ottawa and hopefully he turns out. If they can get a 20 goal scorer on the 3rd line they are laughing and that's probably Zibanejad's upside, 20-25 goals with a very complete game.

They've always talked as if they want him to be a winger here not a center.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum