GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+20
Cap'n Clutch
Hockeyhero22000
Number Twenty Nine
dennycrane
tim1_2
spader
Oglethorpe
SensHulk
Hobiesens
Bramlet07
Ev
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
Flo The Action
shabbs
wprager
NEELY
LeCaptain
PTFlea
sandysensfan
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 67]

46Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:16 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Might be a stretch, but they might slide in Zibanejad where Silfv is....could demote him to the 3rd line for a game or two or bench him entirely.

47Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:22 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Michallica wrote:Might be a stretch, but they might slide in Zibanejad where Silfv is....could demote him to the 3rd line for a game or two or bench him entirely.

In all honesty I think they want Zibanejad to be the 3rd line center in Ottawa and hopefully he turns out. If they can get a 20 goal scorer on the 3rd line they are laughing and that's probably Zibanejad's upside, 20-25 goals with a very complete game.

48Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:25 pm

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
Michallica wrote:Might be a stretch, but they might slide in Zibanejad where Silfv is....could demote him to the 3rd line for a game or two or bench him entirely.

In all honesty I think they want Zibanejad to be the 3rd line center in Ottawa and hopefully he turns out. If they can get a 20 goal scorer on the 3rd line they are laughing and that's probably Zibanejad's upside, 20-25 goals with a very complete game.

They've always talked as if they want him to be a winger here not a center.

49Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:36 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

PMac confirms Anderson to start on Tue.

https://twitter.com/SunGarrioch/status/295959394573750272

50Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:38 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:

They've always talked as if they want him to be a winger here not a center.

Depends how he develops.

51Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:42 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Spezza/Turris/Zib down the middle would be nice.

52Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:45 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch
Coach Paul MacLean didn't rule out Zibanejad playing. GM Bryan Murray says he expects him to play. Expect Zibanejad to play. #Sens

LOL it seems Murray has veto power.

53Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:54 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:Spezza/Turris/Zib down the middle would be nice.

Could be the best depth in the NHL next to the Pens.

54Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:57 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

All hail the second greatest Iranian of all time, Mika Zibanejad!

55Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:59 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:One thing the Sens have to start doing, at least on a way more regular basis is scoring the first goal. Last year this was a problem too, playing catchup the whole game is a tough way to play and in a shortened season this will come back to bite them.

Again, this is on Spezza and Michalek, if they are out there on one of the first, two shifts they need to start making something happen. Can't play 20 mins a night create only 1 or 2 chances a game.

Hopefully they can open up the scoring tomorrow night vs the Caps and put them right back on their heels.

Definitely.

56Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:01 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ev wrote:All hail the second greatest Iranian of all time, Mika Zibanejad!
Don't you mean half Iranian?

57Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:07 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Hoags wrote:
LeKid wrote:Anyony expects Bishop in nets this week?

It'll be interesting if he starts vs. the Habs (2nd game back to back) or not.
no! i'm gonna have a half dozen habs fans at my place for that game. sens need to win that game at all cost! (for me Sarcasm )

I wouldn't worry. Habs are not that good and Ottawa played poorly in front of Bishop v. TB.

For whatever the reason the Sens have a real tough time beating the Habs. It must be their speed...

58Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:14 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

This seems like a good opportunity as well to call up Lehner to play on wednesday night

59Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:30 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:

If that was the case we would have drafted Couturier, Scheifele, Bartschi or Hamilton.
If Michalek post-knees-injury can score 35, Zibanejad's upside is at least equal IMO. Mika's skating is not far from Michalek's pre injury.
It's Ottawa's coaching and development's job to help him get to that next level.
I believe in the kid, he has the potential.

60Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:49 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:All hail the second greatest Iranian of all time, Mika Zibanejad!

Who's the first, the @The_IronSheik?

61Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:52 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeKid wrote:
NEELY wrote:

If that was the case we would have drafted Couturier, Scheifele, Bartschi or Hamilton.
If Michalek post-knees-injury can score 35, Zibanejad's upside is at least equal IMO. Mika's skating is not far from Michalek's pre injury.
It's Ottawa's coaching and development's job to help him get to that next level.
I believe in the kid, he has the potential.

That would depend on where he plays. For the next few years if he's playing center it'll be the third line, and you're not going to score 30-35 down there. If he's on the wing then he will eventually percolate to the first line.

62Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:13 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

He'll probably play wing, no question.
And he should play tons of PP time with Alfie gone. 10 PP goals, 20 ES is not impossible, Nick Foligno had 14 ES goals last year.

63Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 4 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:34 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

NEELY wrote:

After signing Smith to a 4 year extension beginning next year at about 1.9M per year, I think they want Spezza/Turris/Smith down the middle with Michalek, Zibanejad and Silfverberg as top 6 wingers in the next few years.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum