GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+20
Cap'n Clutch
Hockeyhero22000
Number Twenty Nine
dennycrane
tim1_2
spader
Oglethorpe
SensHulk
Hobiesens
Bramlet07
Ev
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
Flo The Action
shabbs
wprager
NEELY
LeCaptain
PTFlea
sandysensfan
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

16Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:31 am

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
You know how I don't like crapping on the refs ... Sarcasm so I won't; it's already been done. But I've got to say I *HATE* this new faceoff rule. It makes absolutely no sense. You can glove the puck to a team mate in the defensive zone, so why can't you do that off a face off?

I think it's because certain players (*cough*Konopka*cough*) were more or less cheating at the faceoff by obstructing their opponent and using their hands to pass the puck to a teammate. It's not really a faceoff anymore.

And yes I think it is partially to raise the amount of PPs, although they should crack down on obstruction again.

17Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:36 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

It's not to raise PP's at all. It should be illegal because it takes away from any and all skill needed to win a faceoff. Only way to enforce it is by making it a penalty.

18Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:50 am

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Anyony expects Bishop in nets this week?

19Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:54 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

LeKid wrote:Anyony expects Bishop in nets this week?

It'll be interesting if he starts vs. the Habs (2nd game back to back) or not.

20Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:02 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:

no! i'm gonna have a half dozen habs fans at my place for that game. sens need to win that game at all cost! (for me Sarcasm )

21Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:05 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Hoags wrote:

no! i'm gonna have a half dozen habs fans at my place for that game. sens need to win that game at all cost! (for me Sarcasm )

I wouldn't worry. Habs are not that good and Ottawa played poorly in front of Bishop v. TB.

22Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:06 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Mika Zibanejad practicing with the team today (AHL All Star Break).

Brent Wallace ‏@tsn_wally
Mike Zibanejad at practice today. No Alfie, Karlsson, Smith or Spezza

23Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:08 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:Mika Zibanejad practicing with the team today (AHL All Star Break).

Brent Wallace ‏@tsn_wally
Mike Zibanejad at practice today. No Alfie, Karlsson, Smith or Spezza
do we smell a call up in this? Alfie out for more then a game? others out with the flu?

24Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:10 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=652916

25Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:10 pm

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

Bingo dont play till friday and im sure Zbad will be back by then

26Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:12 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=652916

This call up essentially sets the Senators to autowin.

27Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:13 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Ken Warren ‏@Citizenkwarren
Wondering if Zack Smith got hurt on hit from Adams late in Sunday's game

This might be the reason.

I figured Hoffman would get the callup 1st.

28Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:16 pm

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

Hoags wrote:Ken Warren ‏@Citizenkwarren
Wondering if Zack Smith got hurt on hit from Adams late in Sunday's game

This might be the reason.

I figured Hoffman would get the callup 1st.

If Smith is hurt then i retract my previous statement. And Hoffman is injured

29Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:16 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Probably because Mika was here whereas Hoffman is wherever for the AHL break.

oh didn't know Hoffman was injured

30Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:20 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I have band practice tuesday... urrgghhhh i don't wanna miss a game with Mika, hopefuly he'll play the habs game the next day. maybe this is a way to rest up some of their guys so more guys can stay fresh in this busy schedule? depth is good in that respect.

31Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:24 pm

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

No Star of the Week for the Bald Wonder!

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=652904&navid=DL|NHL|home

Marleau
Crawford
St-Louis

32Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:27 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

That's why I have band practices saturday afternoons MJ

33Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa Senators TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:28 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:
wprager wrote:
You know how I don't like crapping on the refs ... Sarcasm so I won't; it's already been done. But I've got to say I *HATE* this new faceoff rule. It makes absolutely no sense. You can glove the puck to a team mate in the defensive zone, so why can't you do that off a face off?

I think it's because certain players (*cough*Konopka*cough*) were more or less cheating at the faceoff by obstructing their opponent and using their hands to pass the puck to a teammate. It's not really a faceoff anymore.

And yes I think it is partially to raise the amount of PPs, although they should crack down on obstruction again.

Then why not call the *actual* infractions that's already in the books (hooking, holding, holding the stick) and not make up an extra, stupid (also, extra-stupid) rule?

And increasing powerplays to increase scoring is also going about it the wrong way. The height and width of the net has not changed, but goalies are bigger and their pads are ridiculous (even after the recently introduced restrictions). Want more goals, change the pads or the the net size.

Although IMO the number of goals is fine. A game can be boring with a 10-7 score and can be as exciting as a heart attack in a 1-0 OT/SO game.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum