GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All Things Binghamton Senators!

+19
SensHulk
Hockeyhero22000
Oglethorpe
Cap'n Clutch
The Silfer Server
LeCaptain
Ev
Hobiesens
Bramlet07
spader
Flo The Action
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
NEELY
tim1_2
sandysensfan
PTFlea
shabbs
wprager
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 46 ... 65  Next

Go down  Message [Page 27 of 65]

391All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 27 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:03 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeKing wrote:
Michallica wrote:They can't get rid of michalek.  I don't want to change my username Sad
Some guy here had 504Heater as a handle Sarcasm 
Yeah really. I got over it.

392All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 27 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:06 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Michallica wrote:They can't get rid of michalek.  I don't want to change my username Sad
I'm pretty sure Michalek will be safe for at least 4 - 6 games before he's scratched in favour of some AHL help.
Michalek will never be scratched for an AHLer but he may find himself on the 2nd or 3rd line if he can't chip in.

393All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 27 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:07 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:I don't feel like editing again, but I strongly feel Conacher will replace MM on the top line soon.  They need a guy who drives the net with aplomb - and that's Conacher on this team.

Kudos for Murray on making a heck of a trade it appears.
You used to cut Conacher up frequently on here, but I'm glad you've come around.

Also, it's been two games, can we cool it with the whole "Michalek is done & break up the top line" stuff?

394All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 27 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:08 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

LeKing wrote:
Some guy here had 504Heater as a handle Sarcasm 
I had Cody Bass and Silfverberg... Still thinking of who i want to change it to.

395All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 27 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:08 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

LeKing wrote:Looks like ZIbby and Management didn't agree with the kind of game he is supposed to play now. Sounds like the Sens want him to be more of a power forward type, hard on the puck and maybe he thinks he can be more of a playmaker.
Still keeping the right attitude though.
Zibanejad is not a play maker and the only one who make think that is him. He's a Mike Fisher type, plain and simple, go hard to the net, shoot the puck, throw hits down low in the corners, grind it out. Needs to develop a bit of a mean streak to really flourish.

Guy has all the tools and the Sens right now are trying to provide him with a tool box.

396All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 27 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:09 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
I'm pretty sure Michalek will be safe for at least 4 - 6 games before he's scratched in favour of some AHL help.
Michalek will never be scratched for an AHLer but he may find himself on the 2nd or 3rd line if he can't chip in.
Actually, he has played on the 3rd line under MacLean already so it wouldn't surprise me one bit. Regardless, he has as many points as Spezza and Ryan right now so we're not there yet.

397All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 27 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:09 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

he is more creative and is a decent playmaker. Has one-on-one ability and good IQ

398All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 27 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:10 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I don't feel like editing again, but I strongly feel Conacher will replace MM on the top line soon.  They need a guy who drives the net with aplomb - and that's Conacher on this team.

You used to cut Conacher up frequently on here, but I'm glad you've come around.

Also, it's been two games, can we cool it with the whole "Michalek is done & break up the top line" stuff?
You are not breaking up the top line, like I said earlier lines are basically pairs and you throw a 3rd guy up there that can gel a little. The best lines in the NHL all have a grinder like Greening with them... Kuntiz, Bickell, Abdelkadar, even Conacher last year with Stamkos and St.Louis.

399All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 27 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:12 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:he is more creative and is a decent playmaker. Has one-on-one ability and good IQ
I've never seen the creativeness that you are talking about, at least in terms of making plays with the puck. I see a great skater and a great shot who should be the guy going in and getting the puck with his size and strength. Don't think the IQ is there like you said and that's always been my opinion of him. Dynamic though.

400All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 27 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:13 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Shabbs has left, and look at the chaos that has engulfed us in his wake....

401All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 27 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:48 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
I cut him up on here because he was a diving little monkey. He needed to stop that and it appears like he did.

402All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 27 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:54 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:he is more creative and is a decent playmaker. Has one-on-one ability and good IQ
I've never seen the creativeness that you are talking about, at least in terms of making plays with the puck.  I see a great skater and a great shot who should be the guy going in and getting the puck with his size and strength.  Don't think the IQ is there like you said and that's always been my opinion of him.  Dynamic though.
He shows amazing creativity with the puck when he's feeling confident. He makes moves that only talent will allow you to make, but I think they want him to take the puck right to the net when he dekes a D-man, not take a perimeter shot. It probably sounds like an easy fix, but he has to get it into his head to use his size and speed to make D-men challenge one on one and make them take penalties - or better yet, make them get the F out of the way and allow him to crash the net with the puck.

I personally think it's as simple as that. He crosses the blue line and almost always drifts to the wall and then shoots. He needs to get that Cussing puck to the net with vigor.

403All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 27 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:03 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

You are not breaking up the top line, like I said earlier lines are basically pairs and you throw a 3rd guy up there that can gel a little.  The best lines in the NHL all have a grinder like Greening with them... Kuntiz, Bickell, Abdelkadar, even Conacher last year with Stamkos and St.Louis.
It's funny. On my walk to work today I thought about the idea of Giroux for Ryan....

I completely agree nothing should be broken up yet. Spezza is playing through an injury and had 2 pre-season games to gel with Ryan. That line will come around and a west coast road trip is a really good bonding opportunity for the team.

Told you that second line was going to be good....

404All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 27 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:11 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
NEELY wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

You are not breaking up the top line, like I said earlier lines are basically pairs and you throw a 3rd guy up there that can gel a little.  The best lines in the NHL all have a grinder like Greening with them... Kuntiz, Bickell, Abdelkadar, even Conacher last year with Stamkos and St.Louis.
It's funny. On my walk to work today I thought about the idea of Giroux for Ryan....

I completely agree nothing should be broken up yet. Spezza is playing through an injury and had 2 pre-season games to gel with Ryan. That line will come around and a west coast road trip is a really good bonding opportunity for the team.

Told you that second line was going to be good....
lol, Giroux for Ryan...we all would be dancing in the streets if that happened.

405All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 27 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:14 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:
I've never seen the creativeness that you are talking about, at least in terms of making plays with the puck.  I see a great skater and a great shot who should be the guy going in and getting the puck with his size and strength.  Don't think the IQ is there like you said and that's always been my opinion of him.  Dynamic though.
He shows amazing creativity with the puck when he's feeling confident.  He makes moves that only talent will allow you to make, but I think they want him to take the puck right to the net when he dekes a D-man, not take a perimeter shot.  It probably sounds like an easy fix, but he has to get it into his head to use his size and speed to make D-men challenge one on one and make them take penalties - or better yet, make them get the F out of the way and allow him to crash the net with the puck.

I personally think it's as simple as that.  He crosses the blue line and almost always drifts to the wall and then shoots.  He needs to get that Cussing puck to the net with vigor.  
Making a move with the puck isn't creative, it means he has nice hands. Creativity is something Spezza has, something Bobby Ryan has, Zibanejad isn't that type of player and doesn't need to be. He's not a guy that is going to get other guys the puck in tight spaces, see the play develop before everyone else, etc.

Creative isn't the same as explosive.

406All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 27 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:22 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
NEELY wrote:
He shows amazing creativity with the puck when he's feeling confident.  He makes moves that only talent will allow you to make, but I think they want him to take the puck right to the net when he dekes a D-man, not take a perimeter shot.  It probably sounds like an easy fix, but he has to get it into his head to use his size and speed to make D-men challenge one on one and make them take penalties - or better yet, make them get the F out of the way and allow him to crash the net with the puck.

I personally think it's as simple as that.  He crosses the blue line and almost always drifts to the wall and then shoots.  He needs to get that Cussing puck to the net with vigor.  
Making a move with the puck isn't creative, it means he has nice hands.  Creativity is something Spezza has, something Bobby Ryan has, Zibanejad isn't that type of player and doesn't need to be.  He's not a guy that is going to get other guys the puck in tight spaces, see the play develop before everyone else, etc.

Creative isn't the same as explosive.

I don't know if you can quantify nice hands or creativity, but I understand what you mean now. He's not in the realm of Spezza in terms of creativity. Funnily enough, I haven't seen Ryan be too creative with the puck yet, I think he'll slowly fall into that mould. Big, nice skill set, needs to get to the net.

407All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 27 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:30 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Creativity is IQ, simple as that. To me those words are interchangeable in terms of describing a hockey player. Zibanejad's hockey IQ isn't at an elite level and never has been and never will be. He will beat goalies with his shot, he will beat D men with his speed, and he will gain control and keep control of the puck by being physical.

If you want to argue he can do neat things with the puck and that's creative? Sure, why not.

408All Things Binghamton Senators! - Page 27 Empty Re: All Things Binghamton Senators! Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:36 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The last step is doing those moves, keeping the puck and driving the net. When he puts that all together, it'll be a treat to watch. And Richardson appears to be the right guy to push him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 27 of 65]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 46 ... 65  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum