GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL CBA Talk

+16
Hockeyhero22000
Flo The Action
tim1_2
SensHulk
spader
dennycrane
Cap'n Clutch
Ev
PTFlea
LeCaptain
NEELY
wprager
sandysensfan
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 49 of 67]

721NHL CBA Talk - Page 49 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:34 pm

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:
NHL players wearing these caps saying "puck gary". Ian White calls Bettman an idiot, Versteeg calls him and Daly 'cancer'.....just a disgusting display by the players.

NHL CBA Talk - Page 49 Puck_garyry248

I guess it's common I remember this gem from the NFL lockout:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/15/adrian-peterson-slavery-nfl_n_836090.html

Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson made some controversial comments about the NFL labor situation in an interview with Doug Farrar of Yahoo's Shutdown Corner. The interview was conducted just before the NFLPA decertified.

"It's modern-day slavery, you know? People kind of laugh at that, but there are people working at regular jobs who get treated the same way, too. With all the money," Peterson continued. "The owners are trying to get a different percentage, and bring in more money."

722NHL CBA Talk - Page 49 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:36 pm

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

lol that's pretty funny....we've heard some similar things from nhl players or owners (the whole cattle stuff)...but nothing, and i mean nothing beats Gilbert arenas bringing a gun to show off in the locker room

723NHL CBA Talk - Page 49 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:52 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Everyone should give Shabbs a 'thanks' or 2. He's been really diligent on keeping us up to date with this horse**** lockout.

Topical and timely as always. He scoops everyone here and always posts in the correct thread.
Heh heh.

Not much else to do... unfortunately...

724NHL CBA Talk - Page 49 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:54 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Michallica wrote:My god the players are embarrassing themselves again and again....I've never seen a set of dumber athletes in my life....except for Gilbert Arenas.

NHL players wearing these caps saying "puck gary". Ian White calls Bettman an idiot, Versteeg calls him and Daly 'cancer'.....just a disgusting display by the players.

NHL CBA Talk - Page 49 Puck_garyry248
When you get a mix of over 700 players like they have in the NHLPA, chances are there are going to be a few dumbasses that make fools of themselves. The Versteeg interview was brutal.

Remember when Chelios threatened the lives of the commish and his family in the last lockout?

Deal was done a few days later.

Hmmmm....

725NHL CBA Talk - Page 49 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:57 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

NHLPA expected to deliver a new CBA proposal tomorrow...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=409911

This should be interesting. Will it be insulting or workable?

Time for the NHLPA to lay it all out there and get some real discussions going.

726NHL CBA Talk - Page 49 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:02 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Farter

727NHL CBA Talk - Page 49 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:16 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Via John Shannon:

"The NHL and the PA will meet tomorrow. It will be a morning session."

https://twitter.com/JSportsnet/status/270982924801826816

728NHL CBA Talk - Page 49 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:21 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Via John Shannon:

Puck drop tomorrow night.

729NHL CBA Talk - Page 49 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:24 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:Via John Shannon:

Puck drop tomorrow night.
Tomorrow night?

Ahhhhh! Vertigo Ahhhhh! Vertigo Ahhhhh!

730NHL CBA Talk - Page 49 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:51 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:
shabbs wrote:No new proposals were submitted, NHLPA tried to engage the NHL in a discussion on Player Contracting rights but the NHL refused. They apparently won't discuss that until the 50/50 core revenue sharing issue is addressed.

Daly also said they wanted a formal proposal from the NHLPA re: revenue splitting... but that didn't happen. Daly said the NHL is getting pretty frustrated with their process.

Now we know Fehr's plan. Don't give anything. Recycle the first contract 4 times... then don't do any more. Frustrate the Owners then they will give in... to the players demands..

Well Owners let him do it until you cancel games to Dec 15th... then if his tactics haven't changed... and the NHLPA is not moving at all to get a settlement... pull the rug on the season... Then the players will have reason to mouth off.

Both sides got to 50/50 and both sides are refusing to change how they get there. The NHL may have dressed things up with the "make whole" but lets not forget that the multitude of changes to contracting rights such as FA status, entry level contracts, arbitration and so on were all new items that the NHL wants to impose and hasn't moved off of and differ significantly from the previous CBA.

The NHL has said some of the items are negotiable. I think they will lengthen the contract limit past the 5 yrs as long as they can have a variance within it. That make whole the NHL offered (I believe) was for years 2 & 3 to pay the players the difference PLUS INTEREST. I think year 1 is the issue. Now the players want a guaranteed share of revenue -- NOT linked to HRR. And they want it increased each year by 1.75%. (at least that is my interpretation) Really? I hope the Owners won't give into that one.. that will make it worse than the last CBA.

All the NHLPA has to do to move this along is to have their proposal a response to the NHL's latest offer. I sincerely hope it is not a 5th recycle of their first offer.

I agree that the players' contracts should be honoured. About 500 of those expire in the next 2 yrs... leaving 'mostly' the really large front-end loaded contracts left. Each team should be held accountable to make them whole in their entirety.

I don't like the 'games' Fehr is playing. Showing up for meetings late. Delaying processes... And I also despise the players that are opening their mouths.. a la White, Versteeg, etc. I hate Bettman as much as the next person... but he and Daly work for the Owners and their job is to get them the best deal they can... just like Fehr is doing for the players. So the name calling of Bettman & Daly is similar to calling your Owner that same name. It does not move the process along.. and enrages the fans even more. The players should stop the PR proganda -- it just makes it worse.

If Fehr is still playing his games by mid-December (I expect the NHL to cancel games next week to mid-Dec) then I want Bettman to just cancel the season... enough is enough.

731NHL CBA Talk - Page 49 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:52 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Classic DGB:

"Tomorrow's NHL/NHLPA meeting is scheduled for 10:00 a.m. So pencil in Fehr to show up around 11:30, and Bettman's hissyfit walkout at 11:45."

https://twitter.com/DownGoesBrown/status/270991975178727424

Heh heh.

732NHL CBA Talk - Page 49 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:42 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

NHL's "middle class" and the things they say...

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/eye-on-hockey/21073978/nhls-middle-class-kris-versteeg-ian-white-and-the-things-they-say

733NHL CBA Talk - Page 49 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:02 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:NHL's "middle class" and the things they say...

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/eye-on-hockey/21073978/nhls-middle-class-kris-versteeg-ian-white-and-the-things-they-say

Yeah, I get their frustration, but c'mon. They're just butthurt from getting whipped in the last lockout.

734NHL CBA Talk - Page 49 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:08 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

On The Fan590 this morning, Doug MacLean mentioned that he heard that the NHLPA was not going to bring a full offer to the table, but rather pieces of an offer, much like they've done before. That will no doubt tick off Bettman and the NHL. I guess that is the NHLPA's strategy here. It was also mentioned that the NHLPA will "give" on the 5% variance item and possible others in contract rights in the hopes that the NHL will give on some of their items, in particular max contract length.

It also seems the NHL and NHLPA have agreed on at least one thing... and that is to move up the NHL Free Agency date to 48 hours after the Stanley Cup Final... or June 15th, whichever is later:

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/20/report-nhl-and-nhlpa-agree-to-move-free-agency-start-date-trading-cap-space/

Huzzah! Puck drop tonight!

735NHL CBA Talk - Page 49 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:42 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So, word is the NHL now has a plan for a 60-game season that starts on Dec. 15th. This "60-game" number is significant because as long as they play that many, then the sponsor money from corporations is committed. If the season is less than 60-games, then corporations can pull out their money, which would drag HRR down even lower.

So, next milestone date... Dec. 15th.

736NHL CBA Talk - Page 49 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:09 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:On The Fan590 this morning, Doug MacLean mentioned that he heard that the NHLPA was not going to bring a full offer to the table, but rather pieces of an offer, much like they've done before. That will no doubt tick off Bettman and the NHL. I guess that is the NHLPA's strategy here. It was also mentioned that the NHLPA will "give" on the 5% variance item and possible others in contract rights in the hopes that the NHL will give on some of their items, in particular max contract length.

It also seems the NHL and NHLPA have agreed on at least one thing... and that is to move up the NHL Free Agency date to 48 hours after the Stanley Cup Final... or June 15th, whichever is later:

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/20/report-nhl-and-nhlpa-agree-to-move-free-agency-start-date-trading-cap-space/

Huzzah! Puck drop tonight!

Bob McKenzie also said that he expects the PA to have concessions in their proposal but called his statement a "hunch." I don't think he ever puts hunches out there, though.

737NHL CBA Talk - Page 49 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:16 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Via Chris Botta:

"With so many players in NYC, I don't expect Bettman wil blow off meeting in 10 mins again. But NHL will not like PA proposal."

https://twitter.com/ChrisBottaNHL/status/271253478540713984

Getcha popcorn ready...

738NHL CBA Talk - Page 49 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:31 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

A closer look at the NHLPA's proposal history... and what may come today...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/globe-on-hockey/mirtle-a-closer-look-at-the-nhlpas-last-offer-and-what-may-be-next/article5483375/

A shortened season really changes the dynamics of it all. Hard to project the revenues. A lost season will have a huge impact as well. So, guaranteed revenue for the players will be a non starter for the NHL, as Daly has explained. Everything needs to be based on a "share" of the pie and then figuring out the "make whole" nonsense afterwards...

Key quote:

"Regardless of who either side believes caused this mess, the so-called pain of the lockout is going to have to be shared by both sides here or they'll never get a deal done"

This is too true.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 49 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum