GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL CBA Talk

+16
Hockeyhero22000
Flo The Action
tim1_2
SensHulk
spader
dennycrane
Cap'n Clutch
Ev
PTFlea
LeCaptain
NEELY
wprager
sandysensfan
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 62 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 58 of 67]

856NHL CBA Talk - Page 58 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:55 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Lotta talk about decertification these days... scare tactic by the NHLPA?

857NHL CBA Talk - Page 58 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:18 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

It's been reported that Fehr has been very careful to not have the same players at any of the negotiation sessions. So, while it's true that many players have had a first-hand look of the actual negotiations, there are no players who have been privy to all sessions.

858NHL CBA Talk - Page 58 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:49 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:It's been reported that Fehr has been very careful to not have the same players at any of the negotiation sessions. So, while it's true that many players have had a first-hand look of the actual negotiations, there are no players who have been privy to all sessions.
Hmmm... Darche was at yesterday's session... and was at the one on Nov. 9th where Campoli had the verbal argument at the end with one of the owners. Also, Hainsey and Richards have participated in a couple as well.

Your theory does not hold water.

#fail

859NHL CBA Talk - Page 58 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:07 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:It's been reported that Fehr has been very careful to not have the same players at any of the negotiation sessions. So, while it's true that many players have had a first-hand look of the actual negotiations, there are no players who have been privy to all sessions.

There hasn't been a single player who has been to ALL the sessions.

So except for the Fehr's and lawyers, no player has fully seen all the negotiations to this point first hand.

860NHL CBA Talk - Page 58 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:11 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hoags wrote:

So except for the Fehr's and lawyers, no player has fully seen all the negotiations to this point first hand.
That would be the accurate statement. Not everyone can make every session. The NHLPA has made it clear to players if you want to participate, call and there will be a return ticket made available to you. Some players want to participate, some don't.

I recall it being mentioned that sometimes there's a side group of players that are not inside main meeting between Fehr/Fehr/Bettman/Daly and are near by for consulting.

I'm not sure how productive a negotiation session would be if you have 30 players in the room at the same time with Bettman, Daly, the lawyers and a handful of owners.

861NHL CBA Talk - Page 58 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:07 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bob McKenzie seemed to say de-certification of the NHLPA is almost certain.

862NHL CBA Talk - Page 58 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:09 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:Bob McKenzie seemed to say de-certification of the NHLPA is almost certain.
Total disaster.

863NHL CBA Talk - Page 58 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:21 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

There seems to be a difference between Decertification and Disclaimer of interest. Both dissolve the Union.

An old article on when the NBA when this route...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/gabriel-a-feldman/the-legal-issues-behind-t_2_b_1081107.html

864NHL CBA Talk - Page 58 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:22 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Bob McKenzie seemed to say de-certification of the NHLPA is almost certain.
Total disaster.

If it goes to the courts, according to McKenzie, it's "winner take all" for the winning side. Best case scenario, both sides want to avoid getting to the courts and a deal gets done in short order.

865NHL CBA Talk - Page 58 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:31 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So after the NHL season is obliterated....

Players to owners: YOU locked us out, this is all your fault.
Owners to players: YOU decertified, this is all your fault.

Spin spin spin!

866NHL CBA Talk - Page 58 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:39 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If decertifying puts both parties on the fast-track to actually negotiate a deal, then I'm all for that.

867NHL CBA Talk - Page 58 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:12 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

tim1_2 wrote:If decertifying puts both parties on the fast-track to actually negotiate a deal, then I'm all for that.
That would be the hope, so we can dare to dream for the moment. I'm worried it would put them on the fast-track to total destruction.

868NHL CBA Talk - Page 58 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:28 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Did someone say...Dare to Dream?

NHL CBA Talk - Page 58 Js11

869NHL CBA Talk - Page 58 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:04 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ha ha! Damn I miss hockey...

870NHL CBA Talk - Page 58 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:06 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
Hmmm... Darche was at yesterday's session... and was at the one on Nov. 9th where Campoli had the verbal argument at the end with one of the owners. Also, Hainsey and Richards have participated in a couple as well.

#fail

Not a theory. Just repeating what I'd read.

871NHL CBA Talk - Page 58 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:08 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

NHLPA brings in another lawyer...

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/11217/nhlpa-appoints-a-new-general-counsel

From the NRLB.

872NHL CBA Talk - Page 58 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:08 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
Hoags wrote:

That would be the accurate statement. Not everyone can make every session. The NHLPA has made it clear to players if you want to participate, call and there will be a return ticket made available to you. Some players want to participate, some don't.

I recall it being mentioned that sometimes there's a side group of players that are not inside main meeting between Fehr/Fehr/Bettman/Daly and are near by for consulting.

I'm not sure how productive a negotiation session would be if you have 30 players in the room at the same time with Bettman, Daly, the lawyers and a handful of owners.

Productive? Depends on your definition. But they could make up the "Make Whole" gap very easily by putting in a couple of cameras and putting it up on PPV.

873NHL CBA Talk - Page 58 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:10 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:

#fail

Not a theory. Just repeating what I'd read.
The repeating of what you read did not hold water.

#fail

Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 58 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 62 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum