GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NHL CBA Talk

+16
Hockeyhero22000
Flo The Action
tim1_2
SensHulk
spader
dennycrane
Cap'n Clutch
Ev
PTFlea
LeCaptain
NEELY
wprager
sandysensfan
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 46 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 26 of 67]

376NHL CBA Talk - Page 26 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:29 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Winter Classic cancellation "postponed" until Nov. 15th. They apparently got a reprieve...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/winter-classic-not-dead-yet/article4843978/

Puck drop Nov. 16th?

Last edited by shabbs on Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total

377NHL CBA Talk - Page 26 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:33 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:If he's transparent, then you see what's behind, not what you've got.
Fromage.

378NHL CBA Talk - Page 26 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:18 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Melnyk in hot water for his comments?

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/have+talk+with+Sens+owner+over+comments/7486085/story.html#ixzz2B4AznQO5

Oh oh... Wink

379NHL CBA Talk - Page 26 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:27 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Meh, he didn't say anything really. Prob a "shut up" and that's about all.

380NHL CBA Talk - Page 26 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:56 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Winter Classic cancellation "postponed" until Nov. 15th. They apparently got a reprieve...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/winter-classic-not-dead-yet/article4843978/

Puck drop Nov. 16th?

Robert "Bob" McKenzie scoffs at this report. We'll see what happens.

381NHL CBA Talk - Page 26 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:15 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

NEELY wrote:Meh, he didn't say anything really. Prob a "shut up" and that's about all.
Yeah, no way he gets fined or anything... just a "Hey, let's be careful here Gene..."

382NHL CBA Talk - Page 26 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:15 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:Winter Classic cancellation "postponed" until Nov. 15th. They apparently got a reprieve...

Puck drop Nov. 16th?

As do many others... getcha popcorn ready...

383NHL CBA Talk - Page 26 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:22 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Puck drop Nov. 16th?

As do many others... getcha popcorn ready...

Corn. Popped.

Munch

384NHL CBA Talk - Page 26 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:32 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Tim Panaccio ‏@tpanotchCSN
At some point around late afternoon, we can expect the Winter Classic to be cancelled. BOG member: "after that, all bets are off"

... meaning the season is in jeopardy of going next ...at the same time, this BOG member felt that losing WC was inevitable

Diddle this league

385NHL CBA Talk - Page 26 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:40 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:Tim Panaccio ‏@tpanotchCSN
At some point around late afternoon, we can expect the Winter Classic to be cancelled. BOG member: "after that, all bets are off"

... meaning the season is in jeopardy of going next ...at the same time, this BOG member felt that losing WC was inevitable

Diddle this league

Talk about having a death wish. Laugh1 Idiots.

386NHL CBA Talk - Page 26 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:46 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Haha, w/e, both sides deserve whatever happens. It will take years to recover. Fehr ruins yet another sport and Bettman continues to be a snake.

387NHL CBA Talk - Page 26 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:02 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Haha, w/e, both sides deserve whatever happens. It will take years to recover. Fehr ruins yet another sport and Bettman continues to be a snake.

I blame hardliners like Jacobs and Snider more, since they seem to run the show. I guess Illitch doesn't have much of a say if his WC is going to be cancelled.

388NHL CBA Talk - Page 26 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:09 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

what a shit league. Glad I fought for my money back on the season tickets

389NHL CBA Talk - Page 26 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:10 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:Haha, w/e, both sides deserve whatever happens. It will take years to recover. Fehr ruins yet another sport and Bettman continues to be a snake.

I blame hardliners like Jacobs and Snider more, since they seem to run the show. I guess Illitch doesn't have much of a say if his WC is going to be cancelled.

He doesn't have much say because he's dying. Either way, Jacobs and Snider don't have to worry, they have a good product with a somewhat loyal market and huge population.

Honestly, I can see this being a good thing at the end of the day if teams contract (which they won't but should). In the end though, this will just make the NHL, the players, and everyone else involved look 2nd rate.

390NHL CBA Talk - Page 26 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:27 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Mike Illitch is dying ?

Contraction will never happen, the cost of buying ownership out and the lawsuits that would follow would be a gigantic mess.

NHL is 2nd rate in the grand scheme of things, shame I had to follow the sports with the most dysfunctional owners and player's union.

I don't even think I care if they play anytime soon, it's amazing how much more time I have when I'm not watching or listening to several games a week. And since I have a hyped 1 year old to take care of, time is something I have little of.

391NHL CBA Talk - Page 26 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:29 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

If the season is gonna be cancelled, there better be some serious carnage from this and a move towards labour harmony.

- Bettman and Daly better lose their jobs
- The owners better bring in someone who listens to ALL owners as well as the NHLPA
- Fehr and his bro better be sent to the moon
- The NHLPA will need to put a hockey person in place that can work with the NHL

This is Cussing stupid and really starting to piss me off.

392NHL CBA Talk - Page 26 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:33 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
- Bettman and Daly better lose their jobs
- The owners better bring in someone who listens to ALL owners as well as the NHLPA
- Fehr and his bro better be sent to the moon
- The NHLPA will need to put a hockey person in place that can work with the NHL

- I could see Bettman leaving even if they do get a deal done to save the season. I think Daly will replace him though, he's been largely the more positive PR for the NHL and far more likeable than Bettman.
- I think Bettman listens to all the owners, the problem is some of them have far too much say and power than they should
- Not far enough, try Pluto
- They'll probably fire him in the middle of the night again and hire Buzz Hargrove or Lindros' daddy.

393NHL CBA Talk - Page 26 Empty Re: NHL CBA Talk Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:02 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hoags wrote:Mike Illitch is dying ?

Contraction will never happen, the cost of buying ownership out and the lawsuits that would follow would be a gigantic mess.

NHL is 2nd rate in the grand scheme of things, shame I had to follow the sports with the most dysfunctional owners and player's union.

I don't even think I care if they play anytime soon, it's amazing how much more time I have when I'm not watching or listening to several games a week. And since I have a hyped 1 year old to take care of, time is something I have little of.

Seriously, that's the scary part for me too. I am loving college football and will pick up some college basketball going forward (great to bet on). I just bought a home with the gf so we need a ton of time for that. Fact of the matter is I am always busy between work, school, and home life. Hockey just isn't that important and I really don't miss it like I did last time.

I haven't watched a second of OHL, AHL, or any European leagues and I really just don't care that I haven't.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 26 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 46 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum