GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Real life Clutch 2nd installment

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hey all,

I debated putting the title as "A kick in the gut and a punch in the teeth" but figured this would be the better choice.

Bad news potentially. My wife's cancer is monitored with a blood test called CA125 and when it rises it indicates cancer. Her readings went from 15 to 36 to 66 and normal upper limit is 35. The oncologist feels it's likely the cancer is back it's just a matter of checking the scans every couple months until there's visible disease then it's Chemo again. Chemo upon recurrence is not great. ie Kick in the gutt.

Top it off we have EEG results for my daughter indicating seizures. It means referral to CHEO Neurology and likely more testing. Punch in the teeth.

Share this post on: reddit

Post Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:29 pm by Cap'n Clutch

Real life Clutch 2nd installment - Page 5 Cbc_ga13

Post Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:30 pm by shabbs

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:Is that you guys? AMAZING! What a great pic.

Yup. That's us. My daughter won the Timmy's fan of the game ($100 tim card) and some random dude walked up, said our sign touched his heart and handed us a $100 Sens store gift card also. I also had a greeting put on the jumbotron which I kept secret until my wife saw it.

"Hey Cancer,
She was ours first. You can't have her.
Love, Paul, Zoe & Gabriel"
Amazing. Great stuff.

SensHulk

Post Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:32 pm by SensHulk

Wow amazing! Hope cbc showed you guys

Cap'n Clutch

Post Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:34 pm by Cap'n Clutch

Michallica wrote:Wow amazing! Hope cbc showed you guys

We PVRd the game so I'll let you know.

tim1_2

Post Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:23 am by tim1_2

That's awesome Clutch!

Cap'n Clutch

Post Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:29 am by Cap'n Clutch

Just another update. CT Scan was Thursday so we'll see where she's at soon. My daughter is now down to 5th on the waiting list for therapy. My wife was not eligible to get the surgery she wanted in Toronto but may still be able to get it done in Montreal. Montreal is closer but in TO she had an apartment at her disposal for no charge. Fingers crossed she'll get the surgery she wants. She's also learned there's a bunch of new drugs in Clinical trials specifically targeting her Cancer (slow growing).

On the job front: My assignment is one month old and I'm loving the environment however looking to find a way to get a job in the west end. I had a "SameTime" chat (Lotus Notes email Instant messaging) with an executive I knew from my volunteer work as the Chief Fire Warden and she's willing to see what she can do to help me find a job in the west end. I also shamelessly promoted a couple documents I developed and within an hour she had a Director working on moving one of them forward (An issue analysis I did 2 years ago that never even got reviewed).

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum