GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Real life Clutch 2nd installment

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hey all,

I debated putting the title as "A kick in the gut and a punch in the teeth" but figured this would be the better choice.

Bad news potentially. My wife's cancer is monitored with a blood test called CA125 and when it rises it indicates cancer. Her readings went from 15 to 36 to 66 and normal upper limit is 35. The oncologist feels it's likely the cancer is back it's just a matter of checking the scans every couple months until there's visible disease then it's Chemo again. Chemo upon recurrence is not great. ie Kick in the gutt.

Top it off we have EEG results for my daughter indicating seizures. It means referral to CHEO Neurology and likely more testing. Punch in the teeth.

Share this post on: reddit

wprager

Post Fri May 25, 2012 8:47 pm by wprager

We're all pulling for you, Clutch. Let us know if we can help in any way.

shabbs

Post Fri May 25, 2012 9:33 pm by shabbs

Sending positive thoughts your family's way man... chin up... let us know what we can do to help...

Cap'n Clutch

Post Fri May 25, 2012 10:08 pm by Cap'n Clutch

Just writing this stuff and hearing that people care helps. It's ups and downs right now.

If I were a religious man I'd think god was testing me. Don't get me wrong my wife and I welcome prayers regardless of our beliefs.

spader

Post Sun May 27, 2012 10:41 pm by spader

All the best, Cap. Let us know if we can help.

tim1_2

Post Mon May 28, 2012 8:27 am by tim1_2

Best wishes, my friend. As others have mentioned, if there's anything we can do, let us know.

Bad Dung always seems to happen to good people. Just stay positive!

SeawaySensFan

Post Mon May 28, 2012 9:33 am by SeawaySensFan

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Just writing this stuff and hearing that people care helps. It's ups and downs right now.

If I were a religious man I'd think god was testing me. Don't get me wrong my wife and I welcome prayers regardless of our beliefs.

We do care, buddy. That's a fact.

SensHulk

Post Mon May 28, 2012 10:23 am by SensHulk

Hang in there buddy. Work with the positive energy, you and your family will overcome this Smile

Cap'n Clutch

Post Mon May 28, 2012 11:45 am by Cap'n Clutch

Got an appointment on Thursday to find out more on my daughter. Stay tuned.

Hoags

Post Mon May 28, 2012 11:49 am by Hoags

Totally missed this thread somehow.

Best wishes to you, I got every finger crossed and sincerely hope you get some good news soon !

Riprock

Post Mon May 28, 2012 11:55 am by Riprock

I honestly don't know what to say except that I wish for you the best outcome for all. Even one of your struggles would be more than one person could handle, let alone both you have been forced to deal with.

Not only do you have to look out for two others, but don't forget to take care of yourself too.

Cap'n Clutch

Post Mon May 28, 2012 12:58 pm by Cap'n Clutch

Absolutely. It takes a village and I've got help from my parents, my sister, my father and mother inlaw and one of my brothers. They've all helped financially, with caring for the kids, baby sitting for nights out or for various medical appointments, picking up and dropping off for therapy, pre-school or daycare on occasion. I take a nap every Sunday for about 3 to 4 hours and the week of June 4th It's a "boys" weekend with just me and my 21 month old son so I'll be able to nap when he naps (usually good for 3 hours). cheers

Cap'n Clutch

Post Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:05 am by Cap'n Clutch

My daughter is getting government paid Speach and Occupational Therapy now!!! Still paying for the IBI but getting lots of financial support. One of my brothers and my father-inlaw pitched in enough to give her an optimal amount of therapy at least until school starts.

Good news on the school front too. She starts a pre-school program next week which will be in the same classroom, and I believe, the same teacher, as she'll have in September which is HUGE for an autistic child. Very little adjusting to new surroundings required in this case.

Also she will be integrating into a regular classroom which is awesome news also.

Hoags

Post Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:18 am by Hoags

That's good to hear Capn !

I don't know if you caught an interview with Steve Warne(I think) and Shaun van Allen on Team 1200 but they both have autistic children and they talked about the ups and downs of support for autistic children in Ontario.

wprager

Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:35 am by wprager

Didn't know about Vanner, but Warne has talked about it many times on air, in his tweets, and so on. It is amazing how little we still know about this condition. Hang in there, Clutch.

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum