GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cap'n Clutch is BACK!

+4
wprager
SeawaySensFan
beedub
Cap'n Clutch
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cap'n Clutch is BACK! Empty Cap'n Clutch is BACK! Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:33 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hey all,

Well my trip and my vacation are over and I'm back to help man the ship so to speak. I have been checking in once in a while and a lot has gone on. We have a bunch of Moderators, the SIM game went off the rails and back on again and we had a member join several times and got banned several times for his actions. I don't want to rant about it but needless to say none of the quality members nor the Founders are very happy about some of the things that have gone on. As many of you know we now have to activate accounts ourselves as Admin and we'll do our best to check regularly so that new members don't have to wait too long to login. One final request to those computer savy members that insist on swearing on the site. I know you know how to get around the banned words but for the sake of the site and good manners please let the words stay as banned words.

Okay now onto the good stuff. My trip. Now that I'm home in the comfort of low 20s, full sun and AIR CONDITIONING!! I can look back on my vacation and realize it was a very successful trip. We started in Switzerland to see my Wife's cousin and his family for 5 days. The weather couldn't have been better. Our daughter only had about 2 hours sleep on the flight over and passed out within about 2 minutes of getting on the road from the airport. She had a 5 hour nap and an over night sleep of almost 17 hours. I should also say she was a little angel not complaining at all due to a severe lack of sleep and the only thing I could come up with is she was surviving on pixie dust. We had a great visit and our daughter took to the family right away. It was off to the south of France on the over night train and this time our daughter slept 7 hours on the train ride which was actually pretty good compared to her airplane cat naps. It was pretty nice for the first couple days until it hit 34 degrees in the shade with disgusting humidity being that they're right on the ocean. Our Daughter had a really rough time sleeping and staying asleep and even got a heat rash. We were reaching our breaking point and even began a search for a Hotel with air conditioning before the heat broke and we decided to stick it out for a couple more days before heading to Paris. Surely Paris would be better right? At least not as humid anyway? Nope. We arrived in Paris on one of the hottest days of the summer and to top it all off we had to take a bus then the metro, with all our luggage before getting picked up to go to another of her cousin's appartments. That was pretty cramped. A three bedroom appartment with 4 Adults, a teenage girl, two boys and our daughter for 5 days. We contemplated getting a fan but were assured the heat was going to break and it wasn't worth it. Well 27 to 29 degrees still warrants a fan in my oppinion but we stuck it out again with our daughter looking like one of the "trailer park boys" spending a lot of her time in nothing but a diaper. Looking back on the 3 week trip there really wasn't more than 6 days that were disgustingly hot and humid so all in all it was good. I only managed to forget one thing. Ofcourse it was fairly important being that it was the pack-sack to carry the little one in there by making the trip home more difficult for my arms and back. Airplane ride back was good other than our daughter, again, refused to sleep more than 2 hours total. She woke up at 6:00am France time and landed at 6:00pm our time which is almost 30 hours total. Again working pixie dust. Thank goodness for friendly passangers that kept her occupied because she was starting to get tired of mom and dad's attempts at distraction. Also, we couldn't plug our laptop in and play a DVD because the SwissAir plane had these bizarre plugs that looked like ear phone plugs and were useless to us. So we finally made it home and managed to change her and put her to bed without her waking up.

The Euro trip was over and it only took 2 or 3 days before she was back to her normal schedule. We went to my family reunion the next weekend driving to St. Catharines. The only problem was our daughter, who's almost a year old now, decided she no longer likes car rides and dislikes falling asleep in her car seat for more than 30 to 40 minutes. One of us stayed in the back for most of the way there and back trying to keep her entertained.

So back to work. It's the first time for my Wife, being that she stayed home with the little one the whole year. I stayed home the first 4 weeks and went back to work, so, I've been through it myself. My mother in-law is taking care of her today so I'm not concerned as our daughter knows her well and really loves her. I just wonder how my wife is going to handle being away from her for so long.

- Unknown Author

2Cap'n Clutch is BACK! Empty Re: Cap'n Clutch is BACK! Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:46 am

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

Great to have you back Clutchie

3Cap'n Clutch is BACK! Empty Re: Cap'n Clutch is BACK! Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:50 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

beedub wrote:Great to have you back Clutchie

Thanks bee. I know you wanted the Leafs to GM in the SIM league but did you have to put that Avatar up? Did it make you ill putting that one up? LOL.

- Unknown Author

4Cap'n Clutch is BACK! Empty Re: Cap'n Clutch is BACK! Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:38 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ahoy, old friend.

5Cap'n Clutch is BACK! Empty Re: Cap'n Clutch is BACK! Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:51 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Welcome back. Maybe you can get rid of some of the gremlins that seem to have crept in. I think the server this site's running on is having some issues.

As for the banned words, is there any way to have a white list so that legitimate words like "Bab(ock or Hitch(ock are not filtered? It looks like the setting is to filter with wildcards, for example "*badword*". I understand that it takes a little more work to enter each, individual variation on some word (like xxx, xxxing, xxxen, xxxed, xxxs, xxxin' and so on), but it's just weird to see something like "We visited our friends on the weekend and they just got the most adorable little Front Bum."

6Cap'n Clutch is BACK! Empty Re: Cap'n Clutch is BACK! Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:40 am

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

I understand that it takes a little more work to enter each, individual variation on some word (like xxx, xxxing, xxxen, xxxed, xxxs, xxxin' and so on), but it's just weird to see something like "We visited our friends on the weekend and they just got the most adorable little Front Bum."[/quote]

Cap'n Clutch is BACK! 78253

7Cap'n Clutch is BACK! Empty Re: Cap'n Clutch is BACK! Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:04 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Welcome back. Maybe you can get rid of some of the gremlins that seem to have crept in. I think the server this site's running on is having some issues.

As for the banned words, is there any way to have a white list so that legitimate words like "Bab(ock or Hitch(ock are not filtered? It looks like the setting is to filter with wildcards, for example "*badword*". I understand that it takes a little more work to enter each, individual variation on some word (like xxx, xxxing, xxxen, xxxed, xxxs, xxxin' and so on), but it's just weird to see something like "We visited our friends on the weekend and they just got the most adorable little Front Bum."

If someone on here is willing to come up with a comprehensive list of banned words I have no problem inputing them individually.

- Unknown Author

8Cap'n Clutch is BACK! Empty Re: Cap'n Clutch is BACK! Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:35 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:Welcome back. Maybe you can get rid of some of the gremlins that seem to have crept in. I think the server this site's running on is having some issues.

If someone on here is willing to come up with a comprehensive list of banned words I have no problem inputing them individually.

How are the words input? I am assuming there has to be wildcards, because I can't kick someone's Donkey in the pool, but I can sure Donkeyess their chances of success against the formidable team I have Donkeyembled.

However with other words (like the one which makes up part of the last name of Detroit's head coach) it seems that it's banned if it is only a part of a word.

9Cap'n Clutch is BACK! Empty Re: Cap'n Clutch is BACK! Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:40 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

There are wild cards yes. What do you suggest we do to improve the situation?

- Unknown Author

10Cap'n Clutch is BACK! Empty Re: Cap'n Clutch is BACK! Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:49 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:There are wild cards yes. What do you suggest we do to improve the situation?

PM me the current list and I'll work on slight modifications.

11Cap'n Clutch is BACK! Empty Re: Cap'n Clutch is BACK! Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:51 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Welcome back Cap'n.

12Cap'n Clutch is BACK! Empty Re: Cap'n Clutch is BACK! Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:10 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Hey Welcome Back!

13Cap'n Clutch is BACK! Empty Re: Cap'n Clutch is BACK! Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:47 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Welcome home!

14Cap'n Clutch is BACK! Empty Re: Cap'n Clutch is BACK! Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:33 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Yo Clutchie, wazzaaap?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum