GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Real life Clutch 2nd installment

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hey all,

I debated putting the title as "A kick in the gut and a punch in the teeth" but figured this would be the better choice.

Bad news potentially. My wife's cancer is monitored with a blood test called CA125 and when it rises it indicates cancer. Her readings went from 15 to 36 to 66 and normal upper limit is 35. The oncologist feels it's likely the cancer is back it's just a matter of checking the scans every couple months until there's visible disease then it's Chemo again. Chemo upon recurrence is not great. ie Kick in the gutt.

Top it off we have EEG results for my daughter indicating seizures. It means referral to CHEO Neurology and likely more testing. Punch in the teeth.

Share this post on: reddit

Post Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:56 pm by Cap'n Clutch

wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Great news, my friend! Congrats!

No payments and no interest until October next year too :D

Didn't you just blow the NDA. Facepalm

It was with regards to price only. I haven't even said percentages in savings so I think I'm good Smile

Post Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:53 pm by Cap'n Clutch

So, it's back. The latest CT Scan revealed small tumors. Looks like she'll be back in Chemo soon.

wprager

Post Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:01 am by wprager

Keep strong. We're all pulling for you.

shabbs

Post Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:06 am by shabbs

Sorry to hear that Clutch. Thoughts are with all of you.

SeawaySensFan

Post Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:09 am by SeawaySensFan

Hoping for the best!

Cap'n Clutch

Post Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:28 am by Cap'n Clutch

Just a quick update:

Last chemo treatment for this round was April 9th and my wife is doing quite well and getting less and less tired. Her oncology appointment is April 30th to see what's next. blood levels are consistently dropping and her tumours seemed to be shrinking on the last scan.

We go to the Philly game on April 27th to celebrate and thanks to the Senators and my former account manager they are 100 level and no charge!!

My daughter's therapy is going well and she's excelling in her French school. She reads at a grade 1 level in French and she's in JK. She's far ahead in counting, pattern recognition and geometry. Her needs are fine motor skills and social skills. Her reading skills in English have never been assessed but she can read just about any word she sees in her environment nearly flawlessly.

She's 16th on the waiting list for Provincial funding for her therapy which means we'll be able to start paying off our debt soon instead of accumulating it LOL.

I'm doing well and start a new 1 year assignment in a more convenient location in an area of work that should be good for my career development. We also have a cleaner that comes once a week to clean half the day and organize and provide food prep the other half.

wprager

Post Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:52 pm by wprager

Fantastic. Keep the spirits up. With any luck you'll get an up-close look at Karlsson's return (although I still have a sneaking suspicion he'll be back tomorrow night).

Ev

Post Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:33 pm by Ev

Awesome Clutch!

tim1_2

Post Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:47 am by tim1_2

This is all good news! Congrats buddy!

shabbs

Post Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:36 am by shabbs

Keep the good news coming! Great stuff Clutch.

Cap'n Clutch

Post Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:10 pm by Cap'n Clutch

Wife has one more chemo treatment April 30th. Her oncology appointment was actually last week and got a treatment added. We're still celebrating at the game this Saturday.

Cap'n Clutch

Post Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:17 pm by Cap'n Clutch

Real life Clutch 2nd installment - Page 4 Cbc_ga12

shabbs

Post Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:20 pm by shabbs

Is that you guys? AMAZING! What a great pic.

Cap'n Clutch

Post Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:24 pm by Cap'n Clutch

shabbs wrote:Is that you guys? AMAZING! What a great pic.

Yup. That's us. My daughter won the Timmy's fan of the game ($100 tim card) and some random dude walked up, said our sign touched his heart and handed us a $100 Sens store gift card also. I also had a greeting put on the jumbotron which I kept secret until my wife saw it.

"Hey Cancer,
She was ours first. You can't have her.
Love, Paul, Zoe & Gabriel"

Cap'n Clutch

Post Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:25 pm by Cap'n Clutch

Oh and the popcorn was given to us free by one of the hostesses.

Cap'n Clutch

Post Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:29 pm by Cap'n Clutch

Real life Clutch 2nd installment - Page 4 Cbc_ga13

shabbs

Post Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:30 pm by shabbs

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
shabbs wrote:Is that you guys? AMAZING! What a great pic.

Yup. That's us. My daughter won the Timmy's fan of the game ($100 tim card) and some random dude walked up, said our sign touched his heart and handed us a $100 Sens store gift card also. I also had a greeting put on the jumbotron which I kept secret until my wife saw it.

"Hey Cancer,
She was ours first. You can't have her.
Love, Paul, Zoe & Gabriel"
Amazing. Great stuff.

SensHulk

Post Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:32 pm by SensHulk

Wow amazing! Hope cbc showed you guys

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum