GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

12/13 Ottawa Senators Off-Season Signings Tracker

+8
dennycrane
Hoags
Ev
Riprock
NEELY
sandysensfan
wprager
PTFlea
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
Michallica wrote:
NEELY wrote:Filatov signed a new deal in Russia. Thank God. Not that anyone on this site was wrong about it but this will shut a lot of other people up. He's not coming back, he's a bust.

Sens need to cut their losses and not qualify this guy. Thanks but no thanks. The trend isn't good when guys like Tarasenko and kuznetsov are staying put in russia....oh and filatov. Save the contracts for the guys who want to work hard and make it in the best league.

well if they qualify him, they aren't giving him a contract. But I doubt they qualify him.

you're right but then again who's to say if his camp accepts it or not....they can accept it and then still stay put in russia. Though there's no way he's taking a contract that isn't one-way.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

He was never going to be qualified. Great risk to take but cut your loses and move on. They gave up a 3rd, oh well. Still make the deal every day of the week.

Fact of the matter is Filatov isn't an NHL player and never was. His hockey IQ isn't all that high, doesn't read the play very well, and refuses to do the things needed to succeed in the NHL. Tons of tools, no tool box.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I propose a Filatov ban. From this day on, the word Filatov will be censored. Or all posts with Filatov will be deleted.

I suggest "Amanda Bynes" in place of "Filatov"

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:I propose a Filatov ban. From this day on, the word Filatov will be censored. Or all posts with Filatov will be deleted.

No way, I like her.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

The only thing the Sens stand to gain from at least retaining his rights (i.e. submitting and him accepting a qualifying offer and being a hold out and playing in Russia) is that should his value rise, they can trade him for anything.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Riprock wrote:The only thing the Sens stand to gain from at least retaining his rights (i.e. submitting and him accepting a qualifying offer and being a hold out and playing in Russia) is that should his value rise, they can trade him for anything.
He went for a 3rd last year at the draft, lol. He's not even worth a 7th rounder. No team in the NHL would give up anything other than "future considerations". Even if that's the best case scenario why waste time and a contract on a guy that will NEVER play with the Sens again and probably never the NHL again.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Big Ev wrote:I propose a Filatov ban. From this day on, the word Filatov will be censored. Or all posts with Filatov will be deleted.

No way, I like her.

She like you too, old friend. Beer

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
Riprock wrote:The only thing the Sens stand to gain from at least retaining his rights (i.e. submitting and him accepting a qualifying offer and being a hold out and playing in Russia) is that should his value rise, they can trade him for anything.
He went for a 3rd last year at the draft, lol. He's not even worth a 7th rounder. No team in the NHL would give up anything other than "future considerations". Even if that's the best case scenario why waste time and a contract on a guy that will NEVER play with the Sens again and probably never the NHL again.

Because as pointed out, he doesn't have to sign to remain Senators property.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

He's the gator-infested-swamp of "property" though. Is it worth owning?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

An asset is an asset. If it costs nothing to keep him, and there's a chance that his value rises, is it not in the best interest to retain the rights to him, especially considering it has no effect on anything team related since he is not around the other players?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:He's the gator-infested-swamp of "property" though. Is it worth owning?

Is Slats still chomping on his ceegar while sitting in his GM chair?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:He's the gator-infested-swamp of "property" though. Is it worth owning?

Is Slats still chomping on his ceegar while sitting in his GM chair?

Does a bear $hit in the woods?

12/13 Ottawa Senators Off-Season Signings Tracker - Page 3 Slats14

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Jakob Culek signs 3 year ELC.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

and Kramer

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:and Kramer

When did they sign him?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Puempel tweeted it

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Kramer's a good guy - toughness and skill. Also seems like an intelligent young man, and I hope that he replaces the knuckleheads we have in Bingo, like Lessard.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sounds like the Sens will let Schira go:

Joy Lindsay ‏@PSBJoyOnTheSens
The #Sens plan to retain the rights to all restricted free agents except Craig Schira, have sent "bona fide" offers to most. #BSens

A fair move as he sucked like a vacuum last year.

Also a few rumours of Benoit coming back to Bingo. Fingers crossed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum