GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

12/13 Ottawa Senators Off-Season Signings Tracker

+8
dennycrane
Hoags
Ev
Riprock
NEELY
sandysensfan
wprager
PTFlea
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

RFA

Nick Foligno
Jim O'Brien
Kaspars Daugavins
Erik Karlsson
Nikita Filatov
Stephan Da Costa
Eric Gryba
Craig Schira
Pat Cannone - Signed 2 year, 625K per

Fredrik Claesson - Signed 3 year, 623,333K per year

UFA

Jesse Winchester
Filip Kuba
Matt Gilroy
Zenon Konopka
Rob Klinkhammer
Matt Carkner
Mark Parrish
Tim Conboy
Corey Locke
Francois Lessard
Mike McKenna

Quick list:
Pat Cannone - 2 years, 625K per
Fredrik Claesson - 3 years, 623,333 per
Jakub Culek - 3 years,
Darren Kramer - length and term not known yet

JP Pageau

Last edited by SpezDispenser on Thu May 24, 2012 2:19 pm; edited 3 times in total

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oooh, that "cyan" us almost unreadable with a white background.

I wonder how many of those UFAs are going to to get re-signed? I hope they re-sign Carkner and Konopka and Klinhammer, but I won't be surprised if that's all that will be back (maybe not even Konopka if they want to go another way to bring more rookies in on the 4th line).

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Oooh, that "cyan" us almost unreadable with a white background.

I wonder how many of those UFAs are going to to get re-signed? I hope they re-sign Carkner and Konopka and Klinhammer, but I won't be surprised if that's all that will be back (maybe not even Konopka if they want to go another way to bring more rookies in on the 4th line).

I think he brings back Winchester... on a 1 yr contract. If he can stay healthy then he is a useful player.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'd be fine with Winchester, but if Konopka comes back we don't need Winch's face off prowess (which, frankly, I'm not too sure about), and JOB had done a great job in a defensive role. Winch is a depth player now.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Winchester will probably be resigned but I doubt he plays until 2013. The guy has serious concussion issues and they could take a while to recover from.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'd sign one or the other of Konopka or Winchester. Tough call as to who - assuming they both want to come back here. Konopka was really good in the playoffs - and that is far more important than the regular season stats for him.

I'm also still all about signing Carkner. Want to see it happen ASAP, playoffs still going or not.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

This is what I would do, which of course means nothing.

Nick Foligno - re-sign for a similar deal. 1-3 years, 1.3-1.6M/yr. Perfect 3rd line winger. Skilled grinder.

Jim O'Brien - re-signed. feel like he has paid his dues and earned a job on the 4th line.

Kaspars Daugavins - re-signed. again, paid his dues, and is a good 4th line energy player, at worst, a 13th forward.

Erik Karlsson - no brainer to re-sign. my guess is anywhere between 5-7M per year. Anything less is a steal and I'd be surprised by it. Would also likely mean a short deal which is scary.

Nikita Filatov - think it is already apparent he will not be re-signed, maybe not even qualified. Not much business sense to waste a contract on a guy not in the organization.

Stephan Da Costa - re-sign for AHL.

Eric Gryba - re-sign for AHL.

Craig Schira - if there is an expendable AHL d-man it is him.

UFA

Jesse Winchester - where does he line-up, if Spezza, Turris, Smith and O'Brien are the centremen? didn't get a fair shake this year due to injuries.

Filip Kuba - I'd keep him on a 1-yr deal, w/o a NMC/NTC.

Matt Gilroy - let him go.

Zenon Konopka - see Winchester, same story. except for the injury part.

Rob Klinkhammer - re-sign for AHL if they/he wants to.

Matt Carkner - 7th d-man. keep him around if he wants to.

Mark Parrish - Bingo has enough forwards, but not any with his experience. Tough call, could go either way.

Tim Conboy - pass.

Corey Locke - i think there are enough C's in Bingo.

Francois Lessard - pass.

Mike McKenna - pass.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Pretty much Dash.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'd give low odds of them signing Winchester. Just not a lot of room as is and not sure they want to sign a depth forward who is dealing with concussions right now. Tough for Winchester but I think he will have to look for work somewhere else. If they went out and signed him next week it wouldn't surprise me but I doubt it.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Riprock wrote:This is what I would do, which of course means nothing.

Nick Foligno - re-sign for a similar deal. 1-3 years, 1.3-1.6M/yr. Perfect 3rd line winger. Skilled grinder.

Jim O'Brien - re-signed. feel like he has paid his dues and earned a job on the 4th line.

Kaspars Daugavins - re-signed. again, paid his dues, and is a good 4th line energy player, at worst, a 13th forward.

Erik Karlsson - no brainer to re-sign. my guess is anywhere between 5-7M per year. Anything less is a steal and I'd be surprised by it. Would also likely mean a short deal which is scary.

Nikita Filatov - think it is already apparent he will not be re-signed, maybe not even qualified. Not much business sense to waste a contract on a guy not in the organization.

Stephan Da Costa - re-sign for AHL.

Eric Gryba - re-sign for AHL.

Craig Schira - if there is an expendable AHL d-man it is him.

UFA

Jesse Winchester - where does he line-up, if Spezza, Turris, Smith and O'Brien are the centremen? didn't get a fair shake this year due to injuries.

Filip Kuba - I'd keep him on a 1-yr deal, w/o a NMC/NTC.

Matt Gilroy - let him go.

Zenon Konopka - see Winchester, same story. except for the injury part.

Rob Klinkhammer - re-sign for AHL if they/he wants to.

Matt Carkner - 7th d-man. keep him around if he wants to.

Mark Parrish - Bingo has enough forwards, but not any with his experience. Tough call, could go either way.

Tim Conboy - pass.

Corey Locke - i think there are enough C's in Bingo.

Francois Lessard - pass.

Mike McKenna - pass.

What's wrong with McKenna. He had a good year in Bingo in the net. Both him and Lehner played behind a pretty poor and inexperienced team in Bingo. There is no other option with Lehner the starter... I think he stays... if he wants to.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Big Ev wrote:I'd give low odds of them signing Winchester. Just not a lot of room as is and not sure they want to sign a depth forward who is dealing with concussions right now. Tough for Winchester but I think he will have to look for work somewhere else. If they went out and signed him next week it wouldn't surprise me but I doubt it.

I don't think they leave a guy, who gave his body and possibly his career, high and dry. I don't suspect he will be playing for a while yet but Ottawa isn't the type of organization that says "thanks but we're done with you now". They will waste a contract on Winchester if for no other reason than to get his career and life back on track.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I don't think there is much of a chance of Daugavins being back. Depends what they do with Konopka IMO. Basically fighting out for the 13th, maybe even the 14th forward.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I suppose nothing wrong with McKenna, but Lehner/Bishop is/are the #1 in Bingo, you just want a run of the mill back-up, which is precisely what McKenna is.

They might go out and sign an NCAA guy, and undrafted CHLer, an NHL/AHL FA, a ECHLer, a European, or even draft a Euro/over-age guy ready to go pro.

And NEELY, no reason they don't sign both Daugavins and Konopka for no other reason than to sit in the press box as 13/14th guys.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

And re: Winchester, I get that you hope the Sens do a "honorable" thing and sign him even if he doesn't play at all this coming season, much like Minnesota did with Burns after he suffered the broken femur. But, that is completely Cheapskate Melnyk's decision. If he's really adamant about pinching every penny, doubtful he let's Murray sign Winchester on a possibility of playing as a gesture of good faith.

Also, this is only speculation on your part cause I don't think I have heard anything suggesting he isn't ready to play. Didn't he play in the playoffs?

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

i think they'll qualify Filatov, no harm in holding on to his NHL rights.

NEELY wrote:
I don't think they leave a guy, who gave his body and possibly his career, high and dry. I don't suspect he will be playing for a while yet but Ottawa isn't the type of organization that says "thanks but we're done with you now". They will waste a contract on Winchester if for no other reason than to get his career and life back on track.

They would've resigned Leclaire if they really believed that.

NEELY wrote:I don't think there is much of a chance of Daugavins being back. Depends what they do with Konopka IMO. Basically fighting out for the 13th, maybe even the 14th forward.

I agree, Daugavins is nothing special outside of his contribution in the locker room.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum