GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

How many points does Ottawa get by the end of the season?

+3
davetherave
asq2
Cap'n Clutch
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Put your predictions in here. After 82 games what do you think Ottawa's record will be and how many points do they end with. What do you win? Bragging rights of course :D

Here's my prediction to start things off.

37 - 34 - 11 for 85 points.

- Unknown Author

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I was going to say probably ~86 points but I think your prediction is pretty solid.

I'm hoping we get fewer than that though.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:I was going to say probably ~86 points but I think your prediction is pretty solid.

I'm hoping we get fewer than that though.

To be honest I went the easy and lazy route. All I did was base it on Clouston's current winning percentage of .666 and multiplied that by 32 (Max points the Sens can win) and came up with slightly over 21 points which is equivalent to 10 wins, 5 losses and 1 OTL/SOL it was a simple matter of adding that to the current record.

- Unknown Author

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Expecting them to play as they have been, around .500 hockey, down the stretch...

35-36-11, 81 PTS

Last edited by davetherave on Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit)

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Im gonna say 80 points will be our exact total at the end of the year.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Come on Caissie, if you're gonna play you have to put in a Win Loss OTL/SOL record in there too Razz

- Unknown Author

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Come on Caissie, if you're gonna play you have to put in a Win Loss OTL/SOL record in there too Razz

Ok so I re-did my predictions and here we go. 81 points with a record of

34-35-13

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

so included is a list of the remaining games ottawa has remaining, and whether they will win or not, basing on how Ottawa is playing versus their opponent has been playing lately, then plus a bit of history into from this season.

Sens vs Pens - regulation loss...Pittsburgh is playing too well for Ottawa to beat.

Sabres vs Sens - win, either OT, SO, or regulation...we just have their number.

Habs vs Sens - win...this one has a bit of bias put into it, but they lost against the Isles, nothing impresses me about the Habs lately.

Isles vs Sens - win...it's the Isles, we have depth on them pretty much everywhere.

Sens vs Rangers - loss..as much as I hate to say it, but the Rangers will take us down as they are battling for a playoff spot.

Sens vs Canes - loss....see same reason as above.

Sens vs Thrasers - win....Kovalchuk can't beat us alone, or can he? Sens still look good for this one, lots of goals though.

Sens vs Lightning..at worse, an OT/SO loss..back to back games can be tough, even if the opponent you are facing is just Tampa.

Sens vs Panthers....loss...Florida fighting for playoff positioning will take us down, but it will be close.

Sens vs B's....win...by this time, Boston will have the playoff spot locked up and will be resting the regulars.

Flyers vs Sens....loss...the Flyers will be fighting for their playoff position, so will be raring to go.

Sens vs Habs....win...another knife to the heart of the Habs playoff dreams...there is bias in this one.

B's vs Sens...win..see reason for previous Bruins game

Devil's vs Sens...win..same reason as above, Devils will have spot locked up...will be facing Kevin Weekes instead of Brodeur.

Sens Vs Leafs...loss (1 point or not)...this will further vault Toronto into a mediocre draft pick, our way of saying f*** you burke and the Leafs.

so after tallying everything up based on my non expert analysis that really doesn't have any true bearing, the Sens record will look like this.

35-36-11 for 81 points, which is pretty much where everyone else is putting them to be.

so adding what is listed above onto their current record, their final record

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Isles vs Sens - win...it's the Isles, we have depth on them pretty much everywhere.

SF71, you already forgot the Isles have beaten the Sens 3 out of 3 this year? Underestimating them is not a good bet.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:Isles vs Sens - win...it's the Isles, we have depth on them pretty much everywhere.

SF71, you already forgot the Isles have beaten the Sens 3 out of 3 this year? Underestimating them is not a good bet.

there is definitely room for error, I am by no means an expert of any kind, I will be honest with you, I will be more wrong on my picks than right. Maggie the Monkey has more credibility than me

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:
davetherave wrote:Isles vs Sens - win...it's the Isles, we have depth on them pretty much everywhere.

there is definitely room for error, I am by no means an expert of any kind, I will be honest with you, I will be more wrong on my picks than right. Maggie the Monkey has more credibility than me

Not calling you on that one...just adding more info.

Maggie The Monkey has more credibility than most sports writers LOL.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

Not calling you on that one...just adding more info.

Maggie The Monkey has more credibility than most sports writers LOL.

well the more info the better, and for the monkey, she's better looking than most as well I am sure, she's just so cute lol.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I'm gonna go with math on this one...

Current record after 67 games: 27-30-10 for 64 points
On pace for after 82 games: 33-37-12 for 78 points

Heh.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:I'm gonna go with math on this one...

Heh.

dang you for pulling out the math card lol.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

SensFan71 wrote:
shabbs wrote:I'm gonna go with math on this one...

Heh.

dang you for pulling out the math card lol.

78 or 81, a reasonable margin.

IMHO watch out for the Isles and Thrash. The way those teams have picked up lately (so far this month, Isles 4-1-1 including win over NJ; Thrash 4-0-1, including a 5-2 win over Calgary), they could give the Sens a nasty surprise.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum