GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pre-Season Game 6 - Ottawa @ Montreal - Sept 26

+9
The Silfer Server
PTFlea
Flo The Action
Ev
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
Hoags
NEELY
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Montreal's B-lineup showed what 100 games of experience -- shared by 6 defensemen -- means to the outcome of a game against a mostly NHL lineup. Ottawa was certainly missing their 1st (and 2nd and 3rd) stringer in goal (as Anderson/Lehner had the night off and projected starter Lawson was hurt in warmups), and were playing with "Baby-Head" Da Costa as their 1LC, plus Corvo (for Gryba) and Claesson (for Cowen) -- but other than that, it was as close to their (expected) regular season lineup as we've seen so far.

Tonight will be a very different story. In front of their home crowd, I expect Therrien will go with Price, Subban, Markov, Gorges and Murray for a very different looking back-end, and Plekanec, Briere, Desharnais up front.

For the Sens, both Karlsson and Ryan finished the game in the trainer's room -- Ryan did not return in the third following a "stinger" courtesy of a hit from Pateryn (a name you will *not* be hearing during this year's broadcasts), while Karlsson said it was "nothing", just a little "tired" and no reason to play more minutes (Karlsson was involved in a slew-foot-like incident earlier in the game that had 8,000 people holding their collective breaths; yeah, 8,000 is half of the attendance). I'm assuming Ryan won't play, which probably means no need for Spezza to be there, either. Some of the Habs players were running around a bit, so I hope the Sens do likewise and dress the likes of Buddy, Dizzy, Kassian, Cowen, Smith -- in short, forget about skill, send a message about "rispek". Don't really care much about the score, except for the one being settled.

Go Sens go!

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Dings and bumps are all part of pre-season hockey. Games don't start for another week for the Sens so lots of time to heal up a little. The Islanders game will probably be the least intense game around NHL pre-season with the split squads and while other teams rush into the season Ottawa can sit back and practice until the Friday when they meet Buffalo.

Tonight? Probably a loss but who knows, you just hope Montreal doesn't go full retrd and try and make a point. Sens lineup I would guess is going to be of the B squad variety. Again, like last night the outcome doesn't matter and you just want the players to show up and play well.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Dings and bumps are all part of pre-season hockey.  Games don't start for another week for the Sens so lots of time to heal up a little.  The Islanders game will probably be the least intense game around NHL pre-season with the split squads and while other teams rush into the season Ottawa can sit back and practice until the Friday when they meet Buffalo.

Tonight?  Probably a loss but who knows, you just hope Montreal doesn't go full retrd and try and make a point.  Sens lineup I would guess is going to be of the B squad variety.  Again, like last night the outcome doesn't matter and you just want the players to show up and play well.
I want Gallagher to be taught a bit of a lesson -- Conacher plays a similar style but you won't see him running around delivering late hits to the top players. Too bad player #72 won't be playing, as he was running around a lot, also.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

B-Lineup:
Ken Warren ‏@Citizenkwarren 23m

No Spezza, Ryan, KArlsson, Methot, Turris, MacArthur, Phillips ... If Mtl sent a B team here Wednesday, Ott is returning the favour
Steve Lloyd goes on to say that there is a rule you must dress 8 "NHL" players (where most-recent 1st rounder counts) and the Sens have 9 (including Lazar in his first NHL action).

Only regular on D is Cowen. Yikes.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
Tonight?  Probably a loss but who knows, you just hope Montreal doesn't go full retrd and try and make a point.  Sens lineup I would guess is going to be of the B squad variety.  Again, like last night the outcome doesn't matter and you just want the players to show up and play well.
Montreal will probably go full challenged to some extent in front of their fans. The whole team and fanbase has such a Napoleon complex it's not funny.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Forwards:
Puempel-Zibanejad-Hoffman
Conacher-Smith-Stone
Dziurzynski-Grant-Robinson
Kassian-O'Brien-Lazar

Defense
Sdao-Cowen
Ceci-Claesson
Borowiecky-Wideman

Goalies
Anderson
Lehner

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't think there will be as much funny business tonight. Hopefully they got most of that out of their systems last night. That said, all it takes is one guy to do something stupid, and then it's armageddon all over again.

Last night on the early Sportscentre, they showed some clips from the Sens/Habs playoff series...sweet sweet memories. Some of the best Sens games I've ever been to.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I love that lineup for a rematch with the Habs. Toughness everywhere. I like that Kassian's getting in there again too.

Don't like Lazar being on that line, but I'll survive.

Last edited by tim1_2 on Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
Last night on the early Sportscentre, they showed some clips from the Sens/Habs playoff series...sweet sweet memories.  Some of the best Sens games I've ever been to.
One of the greatest playoff series ever for the Sens. I hope we Wing Dang Doodle them around again this year.

I think I dislike them more than the Leafs now.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Game 3 is my all time favorite game to be at besides Game 3 of the Finals. Game 1 vs NJ in 2003 deserves to be mentioned as well along with Alfie's hat trick against NJ.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Last night on the early Sportscentre, they showed some clips from the Sens/Habs playoff series...sweet sweet memories.  Some of the best Sens games I've ever been to.
One of the greatest playoff series ever for the Sens. I hope we Wing Dang Doodle them around again this year.

Ahh, don't put on over the other. There's plenty of hate to go around for both the Habs and the Leafs!

I will admit that it's been a little tougher to hate the Leafs the past few years, just because they suck so bad. Now that they are a bubble team, though, I can ratchet up the hate level more...prime targets being Kessel and Kadri.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The game is on RDS tonight. I might try the old trick of muting the TV and turning on the Team 1200. Hopefully the delay isn't too awful.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Hoags wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
One of the greatest playoff series ever for the Sens.  I hope we Wing Dang Doodle them around again this year.

Ahh, don't put on over the other.  There's plenty of hate to go around for both the Habs and the Leafs!

I will admit that it's been a little tougher to hate the Leafs the past few years, just because they suck so bad.  Now that they are a bubble team, though, I can ratchet up the hate level more...prime targets being Kessel and Kadri.
Targets for injury?!?! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! 

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Game 3 is my all time favorite game to be at besides Game 3 of the Finals.  Game 1 vs NJ in 2003 deserves to be mentioned as well along with Alfie's hat trick against NJ.
Who?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Forwards:
Puempel-Zibanejad-Hoffman
Conacher-Smith-Stone
Dziurzynski-Grant-Robinson
Kassian-O'Brien-Lazar

Defense
Sdao-Cowen
Ceci-Claesson
Borowiecky-Wideman

Goalies

Anderson
Lehner
FFS! i've got tickets to that game! you think you want to give your team to build some chemistry! there's two games left! wtf... these are likely my only live game i'll see this year due to financial/school constraints. sure we might win but man you think you'd see something resembling a full line-up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum