GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2014 Ottawa Senators Off Season Talk

+15
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
Flo The Action
Oglethorpe
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
wprager
Hayden
Hoags
SensHulk
LeCaptain
Ev
TheAvatar
spader
NEELY
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 31 ... 62  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 62]

12014 Ottawa Senators Off Season Talk Empty 2014 Ottawa Senators Off Season Talk Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:23 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

This is the biggest off season in Ottawa Senators history. The moves made this summer coming up will determine the direction of Senators for the next 5 to 10 years and could very well make or break the Stanley Cup chances they are striving for 2, 3, maybe as far as 4 years down the road. Michalek, Kassian, and Hemsky are UFA's, Spezza, Methot, MacArthur, Ryan, and Anderson are all going into the last year of their deals, and RFA's in Lehner, Gryba, Hoffman, and Da Costa.

What should happen? More importantly what will happen?

22014 Ottawa Senators Off Season Talk Empty Re: 2014 Ottawa Senators Off Season Talk Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:47 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I just read an article at the Score about the 5 NHL coaches on the hot seat. Trotz, Carlyle, Torts, Muller, and MacLean were pegged.

I don't know about you lot, but I really don't think he belongs in that group. Especially when you look at his 101-79-30 record.

32014 Ottawa Senators Off Season Talk Empty Re: 2014 Ottawa Senators Off Season Talk Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:49 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Michalek: re-signed.
Spezza: traded.
Hemsky: not resigned.
Kassian: who cares?
MacArthur: re-signed (next captain?)
Methot: re-signed (Murray's boy)
Anderson: gone at the deadline
Gryba:traded
Da costa: traded (or waived, neither do I like)
Lehrer: bridged

42014 Ottawa Senators Off Season Talk Empty Re: 2014 Ottawa Senators Off Season Talk Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:51 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

spader wrote:I just read an article at the Score about the 5 NHL coaches on the hot seat. Trotz, Carlyle, Torts, Muller, and MacLean were pegged.

I don't know about you lot, but I really don't think he belongs in that group. Especially when you look at his 101-79-30 record.

I agree with you but we must admit that he was awful this season

52014 Ottawa Senators Off Season Talk Empty Re: 2014 Ottawa Senators Off Season Talk Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:52 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

spader wrote:I just read an article at the Score about the 5 NHL coaches on the hot seat. Trotz, Carlyle, Torts, Muller, and MacLean were pegged.

I think everyone will have a better idea tomorrow what will happen. Don't think MacLean deserves to get canned but who knows?

62014 Ottawa Senators Off Season Talk Empty Re: 2014 Ottawa Senators Off Season Talk Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:36 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ryan and MacArthur extended! spezza traded, no Michalek, no hemsky, sign Boyle, pursue callahan hard but fail to sign him, keep lazar

72014 Ottawa Senators Off Season Talk Empty Re: 2014 Ottawa Senators Off Season Talk Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:42 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Until we have a new leadership group within the room nothing else matters.

82014 Ottawa Senators Off Season Talk Empty Re: 2014 Ottawa Senators Off Season Talk Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:42 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I honestly have no earthly idea what they do.

92014 Ottawa Senators Off Season Talk Empty Re: 2014 Ottawa Senators Off Season Talk Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:44 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

LeKing wrote:Until we have a new leadership group within the room nothing else matters.

I agree in a big way BUT IMO the biggest thing is having a unquestioned #1 goalie that you know is going to be in the nets each and every night. That would create a lot more consistency than MacLean provided this year who wouldn't let the guy with the hot hand play (Lehner).

102014 Ottawa Senators Off Season Talk Empty Re: 2014 Ottawa Senators Off Season Talk Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:47 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

To think, the red wings ended up with two more wins than the sens, and 1 more win than the caps and leafs....

As for the off season, that finish felt like the end of spezza and it's a fitting way to end. I see him and methot traded. I think they will try their best to sign hemsky. Would like to see michalek back as a third liner

That said, with stone and Zibanejad becoming more prominent, I'm worried the sens will have become very injury prone for next season.

112014 Ottawa Senators Off Season Talk Empty Re: 2014 Ottawa Senators Off Season Talk Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:49 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You can't just say let's play the hot hand when you still have your veteran number one goalie. It's a ridiculous notion, just like LA didn't keep playing Martin Jones when Quick came back from injury, the Rangers didn't play Talbot over Lundqvist, etc. those are extrapemes but you couldn't just toss your number one goalie, who makes way more money than Lehner, to the curb.

Now it is different, after a poor year you can unload him.

122014 Ottawa Senators Off Season Talk Empty Re: 2014 Ottawa Senators Off Season Talk Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:58 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Under Bryan Murray's tutelage, the sens have never exceeded 94 points....2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014. Seven seasons. Seven.

I used to love Murray but gotta call spade a spade.....hes been spectacularly mediocre. 4 playoff appearances in 7 seasons.

132014 Ottawa Senators Off Season Talk Empty Re: 2014 Ottawa Senators Off Season Talk Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:59 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:You can't just say let's play the hot hand when you still have your veteran number one goalie. It's a ridiculous notion, just like LA didn't keep playing Martin Jones when Quick came back from injury, the Rangers didn't play Talbot over  Lundqvist, etc. those are extrapemes but you couldn't just toss your number one goalie, who makes way more money than Lehner, to the curb.

Now it is different, after a poor year you can unload him.

Anderson is not Lundqvist and even then they let Talbot play a ton of games this season while Lundqvist found his game. It's not game in a playoff series we are talking about here, it was game 20 something in the regular season and they needed to get a role... MacLean screwed with it and there is nothing that can convince me that wasn't absolutely the biggest turning point in the season.

142014 Ottawa Senators Off Season Talk Empty Re: 2014 Ottawa Senators Off Season Talk Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:00 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Michallica wrote:Under Bryan Murray's tutelage, the sens have never exceeded 94 points....2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014. Seven seasons. Seven.

I used to love Murray but gotta call spade a spade.....hes been spectacularly mediocre. 4 playoff appearances in 7 seasons.

This is going to be a long but short off season, a lot will happen.

152014 Ottawa Senators Off Season Talk Empty Re: 2014 Ottawa Senators Off Season Talk Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:32 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:Under Bryan Murray's tutelage, the sens have never exceeded 94 points....2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014. Seven seasons. Seven.

Yeah but look at our cost per point those years. Gotta be good since he's still here.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 62]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 31 ... 62  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum