GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All Playoff Talk... All the Time... 2012 Edition

+20
sandysensfan
Tuk Tuk
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
stempniaksen
dennycrane
Hobiesens
Hoags
Riprock
Flo The Action
spader
Cap'n Clutch
cash
rooneypoo
SensGirl11
Ev
PTFlea
wprager
tim1_2
shabbs
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 51 ... 60  Next

Go down  Message [Page 42 of 60]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I hope the Caps can pull it off tonight just so we get more drama out of the 2nd round. Also, I like watching the Caps a lot more than the Rags...they are more...unpredictable.

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:We should be in the Devils position right now Dammit!

Yeah it's a little tough to swallow right now UhHuh

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
hemlock wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I firmly believe that was JVR's last game as a Flyer. No D in Philly, they need to package him up for a top pairing D-man. Let the rumours begin! Ahhhhh!

What's Pronger's status though? That will make a huge difference if they are able to bring him back. Still, with an embarrassment of riches up front, JVR could easily be moved for a stud d-man.

Out almost a full year with post concussion...doesn't sound great. Plus he signed that deal as an over 35 year old - so if he's forced to retire...no cap relief for The Flyers.

I was thinking more in terms of if he is back do they need a N1 D-man, at least in the short term? You're right though, it doesn't sound good for that gap-toothed prick.

If he comes back 100% then I'd say they have a strong Desire, but without him, they have an old Timonen and a whole bunch of average. Pronger makes such a huge difference.

Question is: what can they package with JVR to get a top pairing guy?

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:

Maybe that long rumored trade for Schenn will finally happen, not that he's a top pairing guy.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Pronger is done, no? I mean the guy is old AND having serious head problems.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Pronger is done, no? I mean the guy is old AND having serious head problems.

Also, he's a douchebag. Beer

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Maybe that long rumored trade for Schenn will finally happen, not that he's a top pairing guy.

Not sure that's good enough any more. I like Schenn - unlike a lot of Toronot fans etc. - but I think the Flyers better package JVR with something else and really try to land a young, top pairing D-man.

We'll see...maybe Holmgren will offer Suter something he can't refuse. If there ever was a time to do that, now's the time.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I'd seriously consider JVR for Schenn - Luke needs a new home to rejuvenate his career before he is ruined by playing in the most mentally tough city.

Since his (Schenn's) value might be at a low, they should try to grab him and a pick or more for JVR. Philly's got enough scoring upfront. Timmonen, Carle and even Coburn (and of course Pronger when healthy) provide some coring from the backend.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
We'll see...maybe Holmgren will offer Suter something he can't refuse. If there ever was a time to do that, now's the time.

Oh boy, not sure they (Philly) are in a position to do that, not with Bryzgalov's contract, + a looming ~$5M of possible retirement from Pronger. Scary situation in a cap world.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

How many young top pairing defensemen are realistically available ? I think they hold more value than JVR, who isn't really anything special right now.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Riprock wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Oh boy, not sure they (Philly) are in a position to do that, not with Bryzgalov's contract, + a looming ~$5M of possible retirement from Pronger. Scary situation in a cap world.

Very scary. We'll see what they end up doing, but without a top pairing D-man, they're Cussed IMO.

Holmgren has always played this like it was NHL12 and now it's about to bite him in the arse. Briere on the move? I would say that's a terrible mistake. JVR on the move? For what though? A young D-man will cost a similar amount. Suter to the Flyers? You're right, they have zero $$.

JVR + something for a young top pairing D-man sounds like something that could happen, but I agree with Hoags, where in the heck are they gonna find a dance partner for that. JVR for Schenn straight up makes some sense, but again, I hold Schenn in higher regard than most I think.

One thing's for sure: Dung's gonna go down in Philly this off-season.

PS - was anyone else as disappointed in Grossman as I was this playoffs? The dude did nothing.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Riprock wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Philly will keep Pronger on LTIR for as long as they can to avoid a retirement/cap hit situation...

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If Pronger is "forced" into retirement due to medical issues, does his salary still count against the cap?

Suter has been rumoured to be Philly's Pronger-replacement.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:If Pronger is "forced" into retirement due to medical issues, does his salary still count against the cap?

Pronger is a 35+ contract, currently NOTHING can remove it from the cap, he could die, get kidnapped by aliens etc.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
Riprock wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Philly will keep Pronger on LTIR for as long as they can to avoid a retirement/cap hit situation...

Good point. Does it count against the cap if he gets injured and placed on the LTIR because he's 35+?

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Not sure that's good enough any more. I like Schenn - unlike a lot of Toronot fans etc. - but I think the Flyers better package JVR with something else and really try to land a young, top pairing D-man.

While I'm sure it was an accident, I quite like "Toronot"

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:If Pronger is "forced" into retirement due to medical issues, does his salary still count against the cap?

Pronger is a 35+ contract, currently NOTHING can remove it from the cap, he could die, get kidnapped by aliens etc.

Does LTIR not remove it from the cap?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

While I'm sure it was an accident, I quite like "Toronot"

That works well for them. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 42 of 60]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 51 ... 60  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum