GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All Playoff Talk... All the Time... 2012 Edition

+20
sandysensfan
Tuk Tuk
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
stempniaksen
dennycrane
Hobiesens
Hoags
Riprock
Flo The Action
spader
Cap'n Clutch
cash
rooneypoo
SensGirl11
Ev
PTFlea
wprager
tim1_2
shabbs
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 51 ... 60  Next

Go down  Message [Page 43 of 60]

spader

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Question is: what can they package with JVR to get a top pairing guy?

Maybe that long rumored trade for Schenn will finally happen, not that he's a top pairing guy.

Not sure that's good enough any more. I like Schenn - unlike a lot of Toronot fans etc. - but I think the Flyers better package JVR with something else and really try to land a young, top pairing D-man.

We'll see...maybe Holmgren will offer Suter something he can't refuse. If there ever was a time to do that, now's the time.

While I'm sure it was an accident, I quite like "Toronot"

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:If Pronger is "forced" into retirement due to medical issues, does his salary still count against the cap?

Suter has been rumoured to be Philly's Pronger-replacement.

Pronger is a 35+ contract, currently NOTHING can remove it from the cap, he could die, get kidnapped by aliens etc.

Does LTIR not remove it from the cap?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Question is: what can they package with JVR to get a top pairing guy?

Maybe that long rumored trade for Schenn will finally happen, not that he's a top pairing guy.

Not sure that's good enough any more. I like Schenn - unlike a lot of Toronot fans etc. - but I think the Flyers better package JVR with something else and really try to land a young, top pairing D-man.

We'll see...maybe Holmgren will offer Suter something he can't refuse. If there ever was a time to do that, now's the time.

While I'm sure it was an accident, I quite like "Toronot"

That works well for them. Smile

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

tim1_2 wrote:
Hoags wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:If Pronger is "forced" into retirement due to medical issues, does his salary still count against the cap?

Suter has been rumoured to be Philly's Pronger-replacement.

Pronger is a 35+ contract, currently NOTHING can remove it from the cap, he could die, get kidnapped by aliens etc.

Does LTIR not remove it from the cap?
LTIR will give them cap relief... so if they need to go over, they can.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Then they'll be fine...damn, didn't think of that. That spoils some of the fun of seeing them dance this off-season.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Then they'll be fine...damn, didn't think of that. That spoils some of the fun of seeing them dance this off-season.

I imagine they'll keep him on LTIR until the contract is up, unless the new CBA treats this as cap evasion or something.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:Then they'll be fine...damn, didn't think of that. That spoils some of the fun of seeing them dance this off-season.
Unless the new CBA changes things and adds a clause that forces a team to have a player retire instead of keeping them on LTIR for the remainder of their contract...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hoags wrote:

I imagine they'll keep him on LTIR until the contract is up, unless the new CBA treats this as cap evasion or something.
HA! What he said...

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
Unless the new CBA changes things and adds a clause that forces a team to have a player retire instead of keeping them on LTIR for the remainder of their contract...

If they do that I imagine a doctor would have to rule that Pronger isn't fit to play for the remainder of his contract/life and recommend he retire.

As long as Pronger is trying to get back, I imagine there's no problem since it's impossible to tell how long with concussions. Same deal with Savard, it's a really really long injury.

The NHLPA doesn't care as long as the player is getting his money.

It's definitely a loophole of sorts right now though. Suppose a player loses a limb in an accident and can obviously never play again, could a team keep him on LTIR permanently rather than retire ? At least with a severe concussion there's a slight chance/uncertainty whether the player could play again.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Gimme that stick

All Playoff Talk... All the Time... 2012 Edition - Page 43 4962221974fa9e8da38acb

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:Gimme that stick

All Playoff Talk... All the Time... 2012 Edition - Page 43 4962221974fa9e8da38acb

Briere's so cheap. Whatta punk. Gag

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That's Flyer hockey, babeeeeeeeeeeee!

The best is Hartnell, on the right, who only sees Clarkson yank the stick away, and then starts whining at the ref for a penalty. That sort of whiny nonsense from guys like Hartnell always makes me sick.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Or how small the stick is? Sarcasm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Caps up 1-0 after 1. Ovi with the maker on his first shot...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Caps take a 2-0 lead in the 2nd... Chimera with the goal...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Caps up 2-0 after 2.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

man how things change. I used to hate Ovechkin but now I'm rooting for him. I guess I feel sorry for him lol

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hate both those teams...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 43 of 60]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 51 ... 60  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum