GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All Playoff Talk... All the Time... 2012 Edition

+20
sandysensfan
Tuk Tuk
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
stempniaksen
dennycrane
Hobiesens
Hoags
Riprock
Flo The Action
spader
Cap'n Clutch
cash
rooneypoo
SensGirl11
Ev
PTFlea
wprager
tim1_2
shabbs
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 55 ... 60  Next

Go down  Message [Page 51 of 60]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Man... Kings be rolling. 2-1 win last night to take a 3-0 stranglehold. They could wrap it all up on Sunday and then have a nice long rest as the Rags/Devils go 7 for sure...

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

No NHL hockey tonight... so get out on your deck, fire up the BBQ and suck back some beers...

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, best not to think about the whole Kopitar thing. Could you imagine how different this team would be with Spezza AND Kopitar as our top two centres?

Of course, then we wouldn't have Turris, and I like that little guy. He's adorable.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Man... Kings be rolling. 2-1 win last night to take a 3-0 stranglehold. They could wrap it all up on Sunday and then have a nice long rest as the Rags/Devils go 7 for sure...

Oh, there was a game last night? Yawn

Diddle, at this point I'd almost rather watch the Jays......WAIT, I take that back, forget I said that.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Alyssa Milano got busy with the NHL's twitter account last night during Game 3...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=631984

NHL Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/nhl

Alyssa Milano Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Alyssa_Milano

She is a huge hockey fan, and pretty damn hot too.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:Kopitar makes it 1-1.

(Gawd everytime I read about Kopitar I think about how Muckler thought Brian Lee was a better choice ugh).

It's even worse now. We have to compare him to Matt Gilroy, wherever he is playing next season.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Alyssa Milano got busy with the NHL's twitter account last night during Game 3...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=631984

NHL Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/nhl

Alyssa Milano Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Alyssa_Milano

She is a huge hockey fan, and pretty damn hot too.

Actually the Kings' run is going to be good for the NHL. There are quite a few celebs that enjoy hockey -- there is even an article on each team's biggest celeb fans here (not everyone is an A-lister or even a B-lister and, not surprisingly, they could not find anyone for Minnesota). They should be able to flash quite a few faces on the screen during the SCF (it's a foregone conclusion at this point that the Kings will be in it).

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

A Rangers/Kings SCF would be Bettman's wet dream as far as audience and celebrity sightings go...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:A Rangers/Kings SCF would be Bettman's wet dream as far as audience and celebrity sightings go...

Yeah, but unless Tortorella has more in his bag of tricks than acting like an arrogant a$$h*le with the media this will be the shortest SCF in a while. Man, the Rangers are a sad team up-front. Didn't they sing a big free agent forward this year? What's happened to him? What was his name?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:A Rangers/Kings SCF would be Bettman's wet dream as far as audience and celebrity sightings go...

Yeah, but unless Tortorella has more in his bag of tricks than acting like an arrogant a$$h*le with the media this will be the shortest SCF in a while. Man, the Rangers are a sad team up-front. Didn't they sing a big free agent forward this year? What's happened to him? What was his name?

To be fair, Richards has 12 pts in 16 games and has scored some big goals for them. I wouldn't talk any smack about him, he's been good (see game 6 vs Ottawa). Gaborik has been invisible at times, but it's not like the Rags are playing an up-tempo style that generates scoring chances.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Rangers play the most boring hockey I've seen in a long time, it brings me back to the 90's Devils.

I hope they don't win the Cup or other teams will adopt such a style.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

IF the Rags get out of this round, I can't see them beating the Kings. The Kings are playing phenomenal, have many weapons up front, solid D, and a great goalie as well.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Like I said, Kings have a perfect team.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Kings might be the more talented team, but the rust will get to them between WCF and SCF. I'm thinking NJ and NY go down to the wire again, and usually the team off the longest loses their mojo for the SCF. Also if Rangers-Devils go to 7 again, its a shoe-in that the eastern conference representative will win it

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:IF the Rags get out of this round, I can't see them beating the Kings. The Kings are playing phenomenal, have many weapons up front, solid D, and a great goalie as well.

It will be interesting to see if they can beat them. Rangers are by far the most annoying team I've watched. We absolutely dominated the play at times against the Rags and every shot was blocked and if not Lundqvist took care of the rest.

Michallica wrote:Kings might be the more talented team, but the rust will get to them between WCF and SCF. I'm thinking NJ and NY go down to the wire again, and usually the team off the longest loses their mojo for the SCF. Also if Rangers-Devils go to 7 again, its a shoe-in that the eastern conference representative will win it

I think the wear and tear will catch up to them if they go to 7 games again, they'd be better off if they beat NJ quick and rest their guys.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah...it'll be wear n' tear vs. rust. You would hope that the Rags would be wore down if they make it to the SCF after another 7 game series...especially with all the shot blocking they do. It's a shame Chris Neil's hit/Matt Carkner's pounding didn't end Brian Boyle's playoffs, and that the Rags' shotblockers haven't suffered more crushed sternums/broken legs.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Michallica wrote:Kings might be the more talented team, but the rust will get to them between WCF and SCF. I'm thinking NJ and NY go down to the wire again, and usually the team off the longest loses their mojo for the SCF. Also if Rangers-Devils go to 7 again, its a shoe-in that the eastern conference representative will win it

Hasn't hurt them in rounds 2 and 3 now. Rust doesn't hurt anyone in the Stanley Cup Finals.

Fact of the matter is the Kings are the best team in the NHL and the took out the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd seed to do it. If they take out NYR they will be the first team in history ever to beat the 4 top seeds they could possibly play and the odds of that ever happening again are minimal.

I'll bet anyone that the Kings win the cup and win it pretty easily all things considered.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I think the wear and tear will catch up to them if they go to 7 games again, they'd be better off if they beat NJ quick and rest their guys.[/quote]

Theoretically I'd agree, but it just never seems to work out that way going into the finals. Most likely due to the elongated break they give to build up the hype of the finals.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 51 of 60]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 55 ... 60  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum