GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All Playoff Talk... All the Time... 2012 Edition

+20
sandysensfan
Tuk Tuk
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
stempniaksen
dennycrane
Hobiesens
Hoags
Riprock
Flo The Action
spader
Cap'n Clutch
cash
rooneypoo
SensGirl11
Ev
PTFlea
wprager
tim1_2
shabbs
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 60  Next

Go down  Message [Page 55 of 60]

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

Shabbs post is funny if you read in the "movie announcer" voice.

If Phoenix loses, Bettman should come out and hand out Nordiques jerseys to all the players.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Heh heh. Movie guy voice... too true...

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Are we just fooling ourselves to think that the Coyotes will ever play anywhere other than in Arizona? After all these years and no owner for the past few years, if there was a chance they were moving north of the border, it'd be done by now.

Atlanta never had a chance - but Phoenix has had all the chances in the world.

EDIT: I just looked up the numbers and Atlanta did have ~$3M less revenue than Phoenix. Bot sure how long that went on for.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Why would they stay in Arizona ? They haven't turned a profit since they moved.

Every possible deal to buy them has involved taxpayer's money which is illegal and will be shot down by Goldwater Institute.

No one cares about hockey there, and they practically give tickets away.

Someone may buy them and be forced to keep them there for a few years at which point they will move them to a better market. Team 1200 notes that Jim Treliving is rumoured to be such a person.

But there's no way anyone can keep them in Phoenix long term without bleeding money and eventually bankrupting like Moyes did. It's not sustainable.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I predict a win by the 'Yotes tonight... with the Kings closing it out in Game 6 back at home... which bodes well for me in the Playoff Pool... heh heh.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Where would Mr. Lube/Boston Pizza move the team to? They should try to get all the Dragons in on a deal. $40M investment for a 20% equity each.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Next season on Dragons Den:

Gary Bettman: "Hello Dragon's, my name is Gary Bettman and I am seeking an investment of $250 million dollars for a 100% stake in my team, the Coyotes."

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:I predict a win by the 'Yotes tonight... with the Kings closing it out in Game 6 back at home... which bodes well for me in the Playoff Pool... heh heh.

Moi aussi -- hein, hein.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Riprock wrote:Where would Mr. Lube/Boston Pizza move the team to? They should try to get all the Dragons in on a deal. $40M investment for a 20% equity each.

That new arena they're building in Markham ? Can you say ka-ching ?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:Where would Mr. Lube/Boston Pizza move the team to? They should try to get all the Dragons in on a deal. $40M investment for a 20% equity each.

Shark Tank > Dragon's Den.

Cuban will buy the team if they bring it to that show.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Why does one show have to be better than the other? They are two separate shows - and ST followed from DD. 2/5ths of ST are Canadian, from DD, and DD is a Canadian show targeting Canadian entrepreneurs.

And I can't see how Markham could get a team wen Hamilton wasn't allowed.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:Why does one show have to be better than the other? They are two separate shows - and ST followed from DD. 2/5ths of ST are Canadian, from DD, and DD is a Canadian show targeting Canadian entrepreneurs.

And I can't see how Markham could get a team wen Hamilton wasn't allowed.

Shark Tank = Dragon's Den

Shark Tank + Dragon Den > any other reality show

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

LA Kings respond to all the media screwups lately :

All Playoff Talk... All the Time... 2012 Edition - Page 55 A10iG

i wish our PR was this witty.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

They screwed up about celebs who come to Kings' games. Alyssa Milano is not Canadian. Rainn Wilson attended G5. He met Matthew Perry, who is Canadian.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:They screwed up about celebs who come to Kings' games. Alyssa Milano is not Canadian. Rainn Wilson attended G5. He met Matthew Perry, who is Canadian.
It can be easy to confuse Justin Bieber and Alyssa Milano...

Wink

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Alyssa Milano is hot....did prags seriously mistake Bieber for her?????

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Michallica wrote:Alyssa Milano is hot....did prags seriously mistake Bieber for her?????
I don't think so... the pic in the graphic is Beiber and suggested only Canadian celebs attend these games... but Alyssa Milano was at one, tweeting for the NHL, which invalidates the statement. Maybe the LA Kings got confused?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

LA Kings win in OT... Penner with the game winning goal... they are off to the Stanley Cup Finals. Kings win the series 4-1.

Doan was not too happy in the hand shake line... he was pissed at Brown for what he felt was a over the line hit against one of his players - can't recall who. The game winning goal came shortly after that. I think it all happened so fast that he was still steamed in line. I'm sure he'll cool down today. We almost had a fight in the lineup. Heh heh.

Congrats to the LA Kings... well done. They now await the winner of the Rags/Devils series.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 55 of 60]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 60  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum