GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All Playoff Talk... All the Time... 2012 Edition

+20
sandysensfan
Tuk Tuk
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
stempniaksen
dennycrane
Hobiesens
Hoags
Riprock
Flo The Action
spader
Cap'n Clutch
cash
rooneypoo
SensGirl11
Ev
PTFlea
wprager
tim1_2
shabbs
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60  Next

Go down  Message [Page 56 of 60]

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Alyssa Milano is hot....did prags seriously mistake Bieber for her?????

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Michallica wrote:Alyssa Milano is hot....did prags seriously mistake Bieber for her?????
I don't think so... the pic in the graphic is Beiber and suggested only Canadian celebs attend these games... but Alyssa Milano was at one, tweeting for the NHL, which invalidates the statement. Maybe the LA Kings got confused?

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

LA Kings win in OT... Penner with the game winning goal... they are off to the Stanley Cup Finals. Kings win the series 4-1.

Doan was not too happy in the hand shake line... he was pissed at Brown for what he felt was a over the line hit against one of his players - can't recall who. The game winning goal came shortly after that. I think it all happened so fast that he was still steamed in line. I'm sure he'll cool down today. We almost had a fight in the lineup. Heh heh.

Congrats to the LA Kings... well done. They now await the winner of the Rags/Devils series.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
Michallica wrote:Alyssa Milano is hot....did prags seriously mistake Bieber for her?????
I don't think so... the pic in the graphic is Beiber and suggested only Canadian celebs attend these games... but Alyssa Milano was at one, tweeting for the NHL, which invalidates the statement. Maybe the LA Kings got confused?

Alyssa Milano is a huge Kings and NHL fan. She has a line of NHL clothing for women. She was listed in that list of biggest celeb fans for each NHL club that I posted a few days ago. And, no, I did not mistake Bieber for Milano. Bieber is Canadian, and they had his picture in that poster saying only Canadian fans follow the Kings. Milano is the biggest fan and she is not Canadian -- I realize they were trying to make a joke of the situation but, frankly, I think they should have skipped it or said something like "mostly only Canadians".

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Shane Doan can shut his mouth already. Enough dude, you are a decent player, but you have no business chirping Brown for the knee on knee. First, it was not intentional (as in, Brown did not intentionally stik his knee out to injure Roszisval) Second, other than you and anyone else associated with Phoenix, I doubt anybody cares or agrees with you.

How many times or games has Brown been suspended? Zero. You, Mr. Doan? twice, for 6 games total, and paid a fine of $2500. Also don't recall Brown ever being accused of racial and ethnic slurs.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Rags/Devils ECF series continues today... it heads back to NY... Game 5...

Devils @ Rangers - 8:00pm ET - Series tied 2-2 - CBC has the game

My predictions have been sucking Donkey lately... but I'll throw one out there... Rags win tonight.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Riprock wrote:Shane Doan can shut his mouth already. Enough dude, you are a decent player, but you have no business chirping Brown for the knee on knee. First, it was not intentional (as in, Brown did not intentionally stik his knee out to injure Roszisval) Second, other than you and anyone else associated with Phoenix, I doubt anybody cares or agrees with you.

How many times or games has Brown been suspended? Zero. You, Mr. Doan? twice, for 6 games total, and paid a fine of $2500. Also don't recall Brown ever being accused of racial and ethnic slurs.

That's pretty harsh on him dude, it was an emotional game. Coyotes had chances to win, but they got jobbed on several calls (no high-sticking call, puck flipped into crowd, and borderline knee-on-knee - all in OT). Kinda reminds me of game 6 for ottawa.

Also, how did doughty not get unsportsmanlike on his calls? I thought that was way worse.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

The NHL needs a 3rd ref in the game from the press box. Game is too fast to call with any kind of consistency. Just the way it is. 2 refs is worse than 1, and 2 ref is worse than 3.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:
Riprock wrote:Shane Doan can shut his mouth already. Enough dude, you are a decent player, but you have no business chirping Brown for the knee on knee. First, it was not intentional (as in, Brown did not intentionally stik his knee out to injure Roszisval) Second, other than you and anyone else associated with Phoenix, I doubt anybody cares or agrees with you.

That's pretty harsh on him dude, it was an emotional game. Coyotes had chances to win, but they got jobbed on several calls (no high-sticking call, puck flipped into crowd, and borderline knee-on-knee - all in OT). Kinda reminds me of game 6 for ottawa.

Also, how did doughty not get unsportsmanlike on his calls? I thought that was way worse.

Not really, it's my opinion on it. What he thinks and apparently what is are two different things. He's not a perfect gentleman, and he used the post-game handshake to further rip into Brown, which is classless.

Doughty is a different story. Sure he flew off the handle, but again, not called. Should have or could have been, but wasn't.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

meh....I didn't have too much of a problem with what he said. the play had just happened and a couple minutes later he's forced to shake hands with brown. he's congratulating him on moving on but lets him know how he feels since emotions are running so high....I'm ok with that.

At least he didn't punch him

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:The NHL needs a 3rd ref in the game from the press box. Game is too fast to call with any kind of consistency. Just the way it is. 2 refs is worse than 1, and 2 ref is worse than 3.

Agreed. Might open up a whole new can of worms, but it might be worth looking into.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Riprock wrote:

Doughty is a different story. Sure he flew off the handle, but again, not called. Should have or could have been, but wasn't.

Cringe-worthy. That boy needs to grow up. I realize he was upset with the call, but man...

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Riprock wrote:

Cringe-worthy. That boy needs to grow up. I realize he was upset with the call, but man...

No problem with what Doughty did. I think people need to lighten up and stop criticizing everything that happens on the ice. Doughty can complain about that call all he wants, it was bush league and it's OT for christ sakes.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

And o further illustrate my opinion on Doan overreacting, the NHL determined that Brown's hit was not worthy of any supplementary discipline. No penalty, no suspension, no fine = Doan overreaction.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Riprock wrote:

No problem with what Doughty did. I think people need to lighten up and stop criticizing everything that happens on the ice. Doughty can complain about that call all he wants, it was bush league and it's OT for christ sakes.

That's a boy's way of making a point. If he wants respect, he'll have to argue things properly or not at all. Not that I care in the least, he can do what he wants, but if I were one of the captains or veterans of that team, I'd try to get him to express his point and that's that. Slamming your stick around like a douche won't do you or your team any favours.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Riprock wrote:

LOL doughty is lucky he didn't get an unsportsmanlike. He DESERVES such criticism, cannot fly off the handle like he did (passionate or not).

I don't give a rat's Donkey if he's norris finalist drew doughty, the guy earns enough dough to suck it up and play hockey, not be a whiny lil biatch so I'll criticize him all I want. And because it was OT, he shoulda been more careful

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Riprock wrote:And o further illustrate my opinion on Doan overreacting, the NHL determined that Brown's hit was not worthy of any supplementary discipline. No penalty, no suspension, no fine = Doan overreaction.

yeah I don't think Brown's hit deserves supplementary discipline either....but it was close. Still don't feel Doan overeacted, felt like he was just venting about the entire series. The refs have sucked these playoffs for sure....botch after botch.

They need a coach's challenge and everything will be fine.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Devils up 2-0 early...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 56 of 60]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum