GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All Playoff Talk... All the Time... 2012 Edition

+20
sandysensfan
Tuk Tuk
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
stempniaksen
dennycrane
Hobiesens
Hoags
Riprock
Flo The Action
spader
Cap'n Clutch
cash
rooneypoo
SensGirl11
Ev
PTFlea
wprager
tim1_2
shabbs
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 50 ... 60  Next

Go down  Message [Page 41 of 60]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Still lots of work to do in Phoenix though as far as the sale of the team is concerned... the new ownership still have to deal with the city of Glendale and the Goldwater Institute. A new lease on the arena needs to be worked out.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Still lots of work to do in Phoenix though as far as the sale of the team is concerned... the new ownership still have to deal with the city of Glendale and the Goldwater Institute. A new lease on the arena needs to be worked out.

Yeah, the whole Bettman press conference was pretty funny..."We're announcing our intention to come to an agreement..."

It's not like things haven't fallen apart before in negotiations surrounding Phoenix.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah... was more like a status update... I guess they were excited... and wanted to squash any rumours of the team moving. They must feel good about this one.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

One game on the docket tonight... and it's an elimination game...

Devils @ Flyers - 7:30pm - Devils lead the series 3-1.

Flyers will be without Giroux as he serves a 1-game suspension. I think the Flyers are done. Devils will close this out tonight.

As a result, SSF will curse Fraudeur once again... Wink

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Volchenkov got rocked by two hits... had to leave the game... Devils up 2-1 in the first... he rocked Schenn earlier in the game... here we go...

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Couturier is a piece of Dung

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Devils win.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We should be in the Devils position right now Dammit!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I firmly believe that was JVR's last game as a Flyer. No D in Philly, they need to package him up for a top pairing D-man. Let the rumours begin! Ahhhhh!

Big Ev wrote:We should be in the Devils position right now Dammit!

Some real similarities. When Ottawa is on, they are aggressive. The Devils are friggin' relentless. The Rangers, who've luckboxed their way into the 3rd Round (should they squeak out of another series) won't be so lucky against the Devils. What Ottawa did to New York, the Devils do even better. I'll call my shot right now, if the Rags win this series, they are getting bounced in 5 (I think Lundqvist steals them a game).

EDIT: Big Ev, dare I ask what the signature is about? Did you make some claim like my Kuba claim? Laugh1

Last edited by hemlock on Tue May 08, 2012 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

SpezDispenser wrote:I firmly believe that was JVR's last game as a Flyer. No D in Philly, they need to package him up for a top pairing D-man. Let the rumours begin! Ahhhhh!

What's Pronger's status though? That will make a huge difference if they are able to bring him back. Still, with an embarrassment of riches up front, JVR could easily be moved for a stud d-man.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I firmly believe that was JVR's last game as a Flyer. No D in Philly, they need to package him up for a top pairing D-man. Let the rumours begin! Ahhhhh!

What's Pronger's status though? That will make a huge difference if they are able to bring him back. Still, with an embarrassment of riches up front, JVR could easily be moved for a stud d-man.

Out almost a full year with post concussion...doesn't sound great. Plus he signed that deal as an over 35 year old - so if he's forced to retire...no cap relief for The Flyers.

SpezDispenser wrote:
hemlock wrote:

Out almost a full year with post concussion...doesn't sound great. Plus he signed that deal as an over 35 year old - so if he's forced to retire...no cap relief for The Flyers.

I was thinking more in terms of if he is back do they need a N1 D-man, at least in the short term? You're right though, it doesn't sound good for that gap-toothed prick.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wow, turns out that finishing 6th was indeed the place to be. Just imagine if we'd been able to pull out a few more Ws during the season....ahhh what could've been....

It was very interesting to see how the Devils didn't buy into Philly's crap at all...nothing after the whistle. The Devils would just skate away from any potential scrum. It was really nice to watch actually. The complete oppositie to what Pittsburgh did.

Also, when they showed the shot of the Devils coaching staff...and you have Larry Robinson and Adam Oates flanking Pete Deboer...well, could you ask for better assistant coaches? Pete Deboer is looking like a real smart man right now.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

We're down to one series left in the 2nd round, and it goes tonight.

Rags @ Caps - 7:30pm - Rags lead series 3-2.

Prediction: Rags close it out tonight.

In the West... it's the 'Yotes vs the Kings in the Conf Finals. In the East, it will be the Devils vs winner of Rags/Caps.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I hope the Caps can pull it off tonight just so we get more drama out of the 2nd round. Also, I like watching the Caps a lot more than the Rags...they are more...unpredictable.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:We should be in the Devils position right now Dammit!

Yeah it's a little tough to swallow right now UhHuh

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
hemlock wrote:

I was thinking more in terms of if he is back do they need a N1 D-man, at least in the short term? You're right though, it doesn't sound good for that gap-toothed prick.

If he comes back 100% then I'd say they have a strong Desire, but without him, they have an old Timonen and a whole bunch of average. Pronger makes such a huge difference.

Question is: what can they package with JVR to get a top pairing guy?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 41 of 60]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 50 ... 60  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum