GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All Playoff Talk... All the Time... 2012 Edition

+20
sandysensfan
Tuk Tuk
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
stempniaksen
dennycrane
Hobiesens
Hoags
Riprock
Flo The Action
spader
Cap'n Clutch
cash
rooneypoo
SensGirl11
Ev
PTFlea
wprager
tim1_2
shabbs
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 49 ... 60  Next

Go down  Message [Page 38 of 60]

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:That doesn't make sense... Colin Wilson played in Game 2. Matt Halischuk ws the guy that came in with Tootoo. My bad.

Ha, nevermind. Honest mistake, I was just surprised if that as the case. I think the Pres owe it to the franchsie and fans to play the best players.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Now Lundqvist starts to suck.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

sandysensfan wrote:
shabbs wrote:Bet the Blues wish they still had Bishop...

Wink

I was thinking the same thing when watching that last game. Once the pressure is on Elliott -- he just can't play through it.. It was okay when he was winning.. but losing and with no Halak to back him up... he has just folded.

I'm not even sure it's the pressure. It's as if he doesn't have the stamina to play more than X games in a row.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Now Lundqvist starts to suck.

Seriously. He stands on his head for an entire series, now he's letting pucks past him? Bah. He was under .900 SV% this afternoon.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Now Lundqvist starts to suck.

Seriously. He stands on his head for an entire series, now he's letting pucks past him? Bah. He was under .900 SV% this afternoon.

I feel slightly guilty saying that, but he was average at best. The shots that beat him were good, but we took plenty of "good" shots. Damn...oh well...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Isn't it sad, that here we are on May 5, a Saturday, and there was no Saturday Night Hockey?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, it's unfortunate.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So, Ovechkin on Girardi, suspendable?

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=35&id=176532

Ovechkin got 2 for charging and Girardi finished with over 22 minutes, feeling fine. I'm not sure I agree with the initial assessment of charging -- he was going for the puck, initially, then when he missed it went for the hit instead. But he did leave his feet on the follow-through and there was contact with the head, although I'm not sure it was the initial point of contact.

Given that it's a 2-2 series I think no suspension, but there might be retaliation.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

On tap today:

- Blues @ Kings - 3:00pm ET - Kings lead the series 3-0... get out the brooms?
- Flyers @ Devils - 7:30pm ET - Devils lead series 2-1.

Predictions: Kings sweep, Flyers tie it up.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ovi hit on Girardi...

Interesting.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

I believe the Kings sweep. Brian Elliott remembered he is Brian Elliott...

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Ovi hit on Girardi...

Interesting.

Should be open and shut. He clearly launched himself at Girardi's head. We'll see.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
shabbs wrote:Ovi hit on Girardi...

Interesting.

Should be open and shut. He clearly launched himself at Girardi's head. We'll see.

Deserves nothing more than the 2 minutes he got. There will be no supplementary discipline and rightfully so. Not even a headshot in my eyes.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

If he hadn't left his feet, the hit would have been shoulder-to-shoulder. As soon as he got lift, the force of his hit shifted to Girardi's head.

I think you see what you want to see, Evan.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sandysensfan wrote:I believe the Kings sweep. Brian Elliott remembered he is Brian Elliott...

Laugh1 Fair enough.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:If he hadn't left his feet, the hit would have been shoulder-to-shoulder. As soon as he got lift, the force of his hit shifted to Girardi's head.

I think you see what you want to see, Evan.

I hate Ovechkin, so I'm seeing what I actually see. The hit WAS shoulder-to-shoulder. He got a little head, yeah, but that's the way she goes. It was shoulder upon first contact.

This is a nothing hit. He plays the puck first, then hits Girardi. He jumped, he got 2 minutes. They have penalties in the NHL. Not everything needs to be dissected and suspended. Girardi is just being a Wing Dang Doodle and whining about it. He could have hit Ovechkin if he wanted to right there but he backed off for some reason.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Kings up 2-1 over the Blues in the 3rd... 10 mins to go...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Kings win 3-1 and complete the sweep of the Blues. They are on a roll. 8-1 in the post season so far... could they go... all... the... way? We shall see...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 38 of 60]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 49 ... 60  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum