GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All Playoff Talk... All the Time... 2012 Edition

+20
sandysensfan
Tuk Tuk
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
stempniaksen
dennycrane
Hobiesens
Hoags
Riprock
Flo The Action
spader
Cap'n Clutch
cash
rooneypoo
SensGirl11
Ev
PTFlea
wprager
tim1_2
shabbs
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 40 ... 60  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 60]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:NHL WHEEL OF JUSTICE says :

After careful consideration, Raffi Torres has been suspended for 1 game for his actions on Marian Hossa.

There you go !

Laugh1

Even better:

Cam Charron ‏ @camcharron

@steffeG "The department of player safety has decided to suspend James Neal for purple monkey dishwasher."

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Tuk Tuk wrote:
shabbs wrote:Asham gets 4 games, Neal gets 1 game.

Kind of harsh suspending him the rest of the playoffs Sarcasm

All Playoff Talk... All the Time... 2012 Edition - Page 20 164414

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I bet Torres gets 3 games... seems to be the new standard now.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

D. Sedin back in the lineup tonight for Van? Hope they are not rushing it because they are down 3-0.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Elimination games for Pitt and Van tonight...

Rags @ Sens - 7:30pm (CBC) :: Rags lead the series 2-1
Pens @ Flyers - 7:30pm (TSN) :: Flyers lead the series 3-0
Canucks @ Kings - 10:00pm (CBC) :: Kings lead the series 3-0

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:I bet Torres gets 3 games... seems to be the new standard now.

Sounds like it could be much more considering his reputation, from what I hear.

How bad was the hit, is there video?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Check the video below... Hossa turns inside as Torres is bearing down on him. Not sure if Hossa saw him at all. From what I can tell, Torres leaves his feet just before hitting Hossa and makes direct contact with his head. All the ingredients for a lengthy suspension are there... unsuspecting, primary contact with head, leaving the feet etc... but my money is on 3 games.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Just saw the video above. Didn't look horribly bad, but he did leave his feet and was sure to knock him in the head. Suspension worthy for sure, not sure how long though...

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:Check the video below... Hossa turns inside as Torres is bearing down on him. Not sure if Hossa saw him at all. From what I can tell, Torres leaves his feet just before hitting Hossa and makes direct contact with his head. All the ingredients for a lengthy suspension are there... unsuspecting, primary contact with head, leaving the feet etc... but my money is on 3 games.

Yeah, you're probably right, 3 games. Shanahan has been all over the place with his suspensions though so who knows.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

So he's been suspended 3 times in his career from what I can see.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

All Playoff Talk... All the Time... 2012 Edition - Page 20 Scaled.php?tn=0&server=877&filename=jmlkt

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Will be interesting to see what Shanaban's wheel of justice comes up with. Looks like Hossa is ok - he went home in a car from the hospital last night.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:Will be interesting to see what Shanaban's wheel of justice comes up with. Looks like Hossa is ok - he went home in a car from the hospital last night.

That's good news about Hossa. I don't think that he should suspend someone for less games though just because the player is okay, defeats the whole purpose of getting headshots out of the game. Go with your first instinct when you see the hit and that should be the punishment.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Bobby Mac's take on the hit:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=393507

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:Bobby Mac's take on the hit:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=393507

The man has spoken. Smile It probably won't be pretty. How selfish of him, take himself out of the series and for a good part of the playoffs probably and his team has to suffer. He had 2 points in his last 2 games which is significant in the playoffs. Luckily for Phoenix they ended up winning that game.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I'm stunned that Nashville is up 3-1 on Detroit, I thought for sure that would be a long series. These playoffs are getting weirder by the game.

Is Vancouver going to go with Schneider tonight again?

Is Mafadoodle going to play for Pittsburgh?

Will it be another blowout game for Pittsburgh and Philly?

It's gonna be a crazy night!!!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Nashville looks primed this year, should be interesting.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:Nashville looks primed this year, should be interesting.

They were talking about that on the Team this morning, saying they are the team to beat in the West.

I never would've put my money on them, I certainly didn't give them enough credit. I also don't watch them at all so I wouldn't have known either way. I was personally thinking St. Louis was the team to beat in the West.

EDIT: I also thought Pittsburgh was going to win it all this year, so what do I know? Sarcasm

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 60]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 40 ... 60  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum