GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All Playoff Talk... All the Time... 2012 Edition

+20
sandysensfan
Tuk Tuk
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
stempniaksen
dennycrane
Hobiesens
Hoags
Riprock
Flo The Action
spader
Cap'n Clutch
cash
rooneypoo
SensGirl11
Ev
PTFlea
wprager
tim1_2
shabbs
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 39 ... 60  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 60]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

4-3 Florida

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Marian Hossa seriously injured by a hit by Torres. Taken off on a stretcher.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Scary moment as Torres knocks Hossa out for 5 minutes. Taken off on a stretcher (precautionary). Didn't look like a bad hit, though:

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:4-3 Florida

Both starters pulled in that one.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Except that Torres left his feet and jumped into Hossa's head.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

And 67s prevail in OT. Crazy finish. 67s behind the whole game 1-0, then 2-1, they finally get their first lead with under a half minute to go in the game, and Shiefele ties it up with under 9 seconds to go.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Riprock wrote:Except that Torres left his feet and jumped into Hossa's head.

I didn't see it initially because 22 was in the way. He does leave his feet but *mostly* after the hit. And as I've always said, the act of leaving the ice actually makes you a less menacing force as you are just flying through air; if you remain on the ice you can push with your legs to generate even more force. What makes these things lethal is driving upward into the hit by flexing your legs and then extending through impact. You could break someone's neck like that if you catch them under the chin. They should just make hits where you are driving upward illegal. Skate straight on, don't extend or flex as you hit.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NHL WHEEL OF JUSTICE says :

After careful consideration, Raffi Torres has been suspended for 1 game for his actions on Marian Hossa.

There you go !

Laugh1

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

like I saw on Twitter, 20 years ago or even 10 years ago, people would be applauding that hit. I don't have an opinion on it, I just don't care about all the hits, the drama, the controversy, the suspensions talk. I'm immune to all that stuff now.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Asham gets 4 games, Neal gets 1 game.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Scary moment as Torres knocks Hossa out for 5 minutes. Taken off on a stretcher (precautionary). Didn't look like a bad hit, though:

I don't know how Hossa missed him coming. Huge charge, the hit is borderline, but the charge is suspend worthy. Plus Torres is a piece of Dung.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:NHL WHEEL OF JUSTICE says :

After careful consideration, Raffi Torres has been suspended for 1 game for his actions on Marian Hossa.

There you go !

Laugh1

Laugh1 I got 'hockey play.

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:Asham gets 4 games, Neal gets 1 game.

Kind of harsh suspending him the rest of the playoffs Sarcasm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Tuk Tuk wrote:

Laughing3

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Torres is a repeat offender, so his suspension might/should/won't/whatever be longer than one game. Who knows anymore. It certainly wasn't as flagrant as some of the other fouls we've seen.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:NHL WHEEL OF JUSTICE says :

There you go !

Laugh1

Even better:

Cam Charron ‏ @camcharron

@steffeG "The department of player safety has decided to suspend James Neal for purple monkey dishwasher."

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Tuk Tuk wrote:

All Playoff Talk... All the Time... 2012 Edition - Page 19 164414

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I bet Torres gets 3 games... seems to be the new standard now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 60]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 39 ... 60  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum