GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All Playoff Talk... All the Time... 2012 Edition

+20
sandysensfan
Tuk Tuk
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
stempniaksen
dennycrane
Hobiesens
Hoags
Riprock
Flo The Action
spader
Cap'n Clutch
cash
rooneypoo
SensGirl11
Ev
PTFlea
wprager
tim1_2
shabbs
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 48 ... 60  Next

Go down  Message [Page 37 of 60]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

And if they win tonight... you know they'll remain out for Game 5. The drama continues...

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Grapes argued that you don't sit out your top two scorers when you could be blowing your chance at a Cup Finals appearance. Thing is, though, through the two games he played Radulov had 1 shot on goal and an assist (PP, I think). He was also -2 or -3. He may have been their top scorer in the previous series but not in this one. Sitting him was not a big deal. Same with Kostotsyn.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Who are the Preds dressing instead of Radulov and Kostitsyn? And it is just the one brother and not both that were suspended right?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

And Don Cherry also said basically the same thing about the Senators when they chose to give two rookies their NHL debuts in the 1st round over the guys that helped the team get there.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Riprock wrote:Who are the Preds dressing instead of Radulov and Kostitsyn? And it is just the one brother and not both that were suspended right?

Tootoo was one, I forget the other. They are still NHLers. And, yes, it was just the younger brother who was suspended.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Riprock wrote:Who are the Preds dressing instead of Radulov and Kostitsyn? And it is just the one brother and not both that were suspended right?

Tootoo was one, I forget the other. They are still NHLers. And, yes, it was just the younger brother who was suspended.
wrong it was andre that was suspended. Sergei is the younger of the two.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I don't know their names but I *thought* it was the younger one. Makes more sense it was the older one because he was the second leading scorer. I just didn't think the older one would be the less mature one.

Or maybe the younger one is just better at hiding.

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:I don't know their names but I *thought* it was the younger one. Makes more sense it was the older one because he was the second leading scorer. I just didn't think the older one would be the less mature one.

Well according to Preds fans, Sergei's really turned it around since coming over from Montreal. Not likely Radulov and A. Kostitsyn are resigned. They may not even play again these playoffs.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Tuk Tuk wrote:
wprager wrote:I don't know their names but I *thought* it was the younger one. Makes more sense it was the older one because he was the second leading scorer. I just didn't think the older one would be the less mature one.

Well according to Preds fans, Sergei's really turned it around since coming over from Montreal. Not likely Radulov and A. Kostitsyn are resigned. They may not even play again these playoffs.

They will if the Preds advance. I don't see them getting back into the lineup in an elimination game. Trots (and the team) have made their point and they don't need to keep making it.

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
Tuk Tuk wrote:

They will if the Preds advance. I don't see them getting back into the lineup in an elimination game. Trots (and the team) have made their point and they don't need to keep making it.

What if it's more than just a point now? Maybe the team is better without them, addition by subtraction.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
And, yes, it was just the younger brother who was suspended.
No, Sergei is the younger bro. Andrei is older by 2 years.

Jordin Tootoo and Colin Wilson were the replacements.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Colin Wilson... a replacement? LOL what the hell? The guy is a top 6 forward. Why wasn't he playing? I'll take him here in OTT then if they dont want him.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

That doesn't make sense... Colin Wilson played in Game 2. Matt Halischuk ws the guy that came in with Tootoo. My bad.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

At any rate, they should both be back in the line-up. The experiment failed. They need goals.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:Bet the Blues wish they still had Bishop...

Wink

I was thinking the same thing when watching that last game. Once the pressure is on Elliott -- he just can't play through it.. It was okay when he was winning.. but losing and with no Halak to back him up... he has just folded.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:That doesn't make sense... Colin Wilson played in Game 2. Matt Halischuk ws the guy that came in with Tootoo. My bad.

Ha, nevermind. Honest mistake, I was just surprised if that as the case. I think the Pres owe it to the franchsie and fans to play the best players.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Now Lundqvist starts to suck.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

sandysensfan wrote:
shabbs wrote:Bet the Blues wish they still had Bishop...

Wink

I was thinking the same thing when watching that last game. Once the pressure is on Elliott -- he just can't play through it.. It was okay when he was winning.. but losing and with no Halak to back him up... he has just folded.

I'm not even sure it's the pressure. It's as if he doesn't have the stamina to play more than X games in a row.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 37 of 60]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 48 ... 60  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum