GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: NY Islanders @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Friday, February 3, 2012

+10
wprager
Ev
rooneypoo
Hoags
Riprock
spader
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I could be wrong, but I think this game will end 2-1. Maybe 1-2.

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

spader wrote:
cash wrote:Gonchar is the worst Cussing defenseman Facepalm

Holy Dung!

I defended the Diddle out this moron at the start of the year when he was playing well but its just been one goddam Dung bird mistake after another with him. What the F*CK!

So pissed right now.

I can't believe how a vet D-man can be so useless. F*ck!

Wasn't the late man Cowen's responsibility?

EDIT: From what the announcers were saying, it sure sounded like Cowen should have been looking for the late man.
Gonchar backed off to almost our blueline when the puck was just exiting the Isles blueline. He's such a slow Diddle that he is consistently out of position and this was just another example of how it costs us. We should continue the rebuild in earnest and liquidate the Kuba's, Gonchar's and Konopka's before the deadline.

This team cannot contend with this D-core. Karlsson (while still improving) is a liability (all zones) at key intervals. Cowen's offense isn't properly developed and it shows game-in, game-out. Phillips doesn't have a reliable/consistent partner and it shows. Carkner is a 6/7 on a bad team, debatable if he fits on a good team. Kuba has no urgency in his game, ever! Even when there's 3 seconds left on the clock and he just has to hurry a pivot to find a lane to send it to the net. And Gonchar... Cussing Gonchar. That is all.

Then there's the forward core that has debatable written all over it. Spezza's a no-show in 50% of the games he plays. Michalek's cy-young performance isn't a fluke and it's not like his linemates (primarily Spezza) are bereft of goal scoring ability. Alfie doesn't have that same killer instinct that made him our best offensive player for years. I have no real complaints about Turris, beyond the fact that he's consistently our best player these days (obviously that's not intended as a slight to him). And those are our top-6 talents. Then there's Greening, Foligno, and possibly Smith and Condra who are all definitely best suited to (scoring) 3rd line roles on contending teams. Neil is not a 1st PP option and it baffles me that we still go there despite the fact that the PP has been Dung (!!) for a while. The 4th line aren't talents you'll find on contending teams.

It's been a nice resurgence for the team but it wouldn't shock me to see them miss the playoffs. All you have to do is consider how piss poor their defensive coverage has been plus how frequently they've required miracle comebacks to win and it's fairly evident that the rebuild remains incomplete.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

FIAL.

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

Anderson has played well in January, but I question any goalie that gets fooled like that on a play like that against 4th liners. I find it hard to believe that he can handle the pressure of the playoffs for 4 rounds.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well, that was piss.

Gonchar stood out as being particularly bad.

We better figure this out in about 21 hours. The Leafs will be bringing everything they have.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

cash wrote:Anderson has played well in January, but I question any goalie that gets fooled like that on a play like that against 4th liners. I find it hard to believe that he can handle the pressure of the playoffs for 4 rounds.

Seriously? Most of the team was terrible, and you think Anderson was the guy that let them down? That's Puking2 .

Matrix played well.

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

tim1_2 wrote:
cash wrote:Anderson has played well in January, but I question any goalie that gets fooled like that on a play like that against 4th liners. I find it hard to believe that he can handle the pressure of the playoffs for 4 rounds.

Seriously? Most of the team was terrible, and you think Anderson was the guy that let them down? That's Puking2 .

Matrix played well.
Yeah man. He did let them down. Why the Diddle is it necessary to go beyond the blue paint with two shot blockers in front of the man (one right on him) to stop Milan Jurcina? Did he steal Ovechkins shot? In what world was it necessary to overplay THAT guy from outside the circles directly in front of the net.

What was he thinking? Awful.

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

And then to be so out of positioon for the Eaton play.... really poor.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

a 5 game losing streak now. That's why some people were telling other Sens fan here and abroad to calm down a bit when they were 4th in the conference (especially 1 guy in particular). This team is not a 5 game losing streak type of team but they are not a true contender in the East either. I think they still make the playoffs, but they will add a player or two at the deadline if they want to win a round. I think this little slump will be good in the long run though.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Murray said he was comfortable with the defence - not buying that. Aside From Karlsson, Kuba, and Cowen most nights, the defence will not be enough to win a round in the playoffs.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

cash wrote:
spader wrote:

Holy Dung!

I defended the Diddle out this moron at the start of the year when he was playing well but its just been one goddam Dung bird mistake after another with him. What the F*CK!

So pissed right now.

EDIT: From what the announcers were saying, it sure sounded like Cowen should have been looking for the late man.
Gonchar backed off to almost our blueline when the puck was just exiting the Isles blueline. He's such a slow Diddle that he is consistently out of position and this was just another example of how it costs us. We should continue the rebuild in earnest and liquidate the Kuba's, Gonchar's and Konopka's before the deadline.

This team cannot contend with this D-core. Karlsson (while still improving) is a liability (all zones) at key intervals. Cowen's offense isn't properly developed and it shows game-in, game-out. Phillips doesn't have a reliable/consistent partner and it shows. Carkner is a 6/7 on a bad team, debatable if he fits on a good team. Kuba has no urgency in his game, ever! Even when there's 3 seconds left on the clock and he just has to hurry a pivot to find a lane to send it to the net. And Gonchar... Cussing Gonchar. That is all.

Then there's the forward core that has debatable written all over it. Spezza's a no-show in 50% of the games he plays. Michalek's cy-young performance isn't a fluke and it's not like his linemates (primarily Spezza) are bereft of goal scoring ability. Alfie doesn't have that same killer instinct that made him our best offensive player for years. I have no real complaints about Turris, beyond the fact that he's consistently our best player these days (obviously that's not intended as a slight to him). And those are our top-6 talents. Then there's Greening, Foligno, and possibly Smith and Condra who are all definitely best suited to (scoring) 3rd line roles on contending teams. Neil is not a 1st PP option and it baffles me that we still go there despite the fact that the PP has been Dung (!!) for a while. The 4th line aren't talents you'll find on contending teams.

It's been a nice resurgence for the team but it wouldn't shock me to see them miss the playoffs. All you have to do is consider how piss poor their defensive coverage has been plus how frequently they've required miracle comebacks to win and it's fairly evident that the rebuild remains incomplete.

Would it be so bad if they did miss the playoffs. This next draft is full of young talented defensemen... which this team surely needs.

I hope Murray sells at the deadline.. Kuba, Konopka & Gonchar if he can.. Bring up Borocop and go with Lee. A higher draft pick will be better in the long run than getting in the playoffs and out the 1st round..

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Seriously, Michalek is probably the streakiest player in the league and it's pretty odd how little assists we has for a first line winger.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

that being said, I am guaranteeing a win tomorrow night. Always happens in back-to-backs. They backed off a bit tonight because they were looking ahead, like last time.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

cash wrote:
spader wrote:

Holy Dung!

So pissed right now.

Agree with a lot of this, but not the Cowen comment. He is developing exactly like Marc Staal, and that is his upside IMO. I think you just have to step back and realize that this team will go through ups and downs, and we shouldn't get too high and low this season like a NEELY.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:Seriously, Michalek is probably the streakiest player in the league and it's pretty odd how little assists we has for a first line winger.
Ya, it's nice to have a finisher on that line, but the discrepancy is weird and uncharacteristic.

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

Big Ev wrote:Seriously, Michalek is probably the streakiest player in the league and it's pretty odd how little assists we has for a first line winger.
Its really not that weird. He has little to no playmaking skills. I've never seen him make an impressive pass. Not once.
Big Ev wrote:
cash wrote:
spader wrote:

Holy Dung!

So pissed right now.

Agree with a lot of this, but not the Cowen comment. He is developing exactly like Marc Staal, and that is his upside IMO. I think you just have to step back and realize that this team will go through ups and downs, and we shouldn't get too high and low this season like a NEELY.
Either way, he's caught in offensive situations that require him to handle the puck but he handles it like a live grenade. His offense is fine for what he is (huge, young, raw) but not good enough to be a top-4 D, which he is on this team.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

cash wrote:
Either way, he's caught in offensive situations that require him to handle the puck but he handles it like a live grenade. His offense is fine for what he is (huge, young, raw) but not good enough to be a top-4 D, which he is on this team.

Oh ok, I see what you mean. I think he has been pretty meh to bad ever since that 4 point night he had a while back. He was given more PP time and minutes then, so maybe he does more when given more responsibilities? I dunno.

Anyway, I think the D will look different after the deadline.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

cash wrote:
Its really not that weird. He has little to no playmaking skills. I've never seen him make an impressive pass. Not once.

Yeah, and he's not hustling like he did at the beginning of the year. And it's true, I can't remember him passing well. Michalek is probably more suited for the second line on a deeper team.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum