GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: NY Islanders @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Friday, February 3, 2012

+10
wprager
Ev
rooneypoo
Hoags
Riprock
spader
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Ah, damn, how close were we to the record?

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Wow, that Spezza is quite a diver. Was that a single flip with a twist?

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Wow, that Spezza is quite a diver. Was that a single flip with a twist?

I actually saw the NHLs diver list. It has the words "Ottawa Senators Roster" crossed out and the words "Official Divers List" handwritten in black ink. Fact.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I was just about to come and mention that this seems like the type of game that's decided by the first goal. Then Smith scored. Here's hoping that hunch is right.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Shorthanded goal. Justice?

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Riprock wrote:Citizenkwarren Ken Warren
What's the NHL record? Senators have now gone 99 minutes, 33 seconds without being on powerplay

Did you catch this one:

Senators have been shorthanded the most at 211 times. Next team: Islanders at 148.

Is that right?

That depends. When you say "right," do you mean "correct" or "just"? Sarcasm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Missed the goal. Had to go start the process of putting the wildlife to bed. I just *knew* I should have stayed until the end of the period. Oh, well, I'll FFW to it later.

On that Spezza play, the video was so choppy that it was hard to tell, and I had no sound on -- what were they saying about it. Was it a trip?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

B-Sens winning streak stopped at 4 as the Monarchs score a PPG in OT. Let's hope another 4 game streak ends tonight.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

What the hell was that? Two guys go for the puck carrier curling back toward the blueline. Did they think they were playing 5 on 1?

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Bah. Tie game.

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

Gonchar is the worst Cussing defenseman Facepalm

Holy Dung!

I defended the Diddle out this moron at the start of the year when he was playing well but its just been one goddam Dung bird mistake after another with him. What the F*CK!

So pissed right now.

I can't believe how a vet D-man can be so useless. F*ck!

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

cash wrote:Gonchar is the worst Cussing defenseman Facepalm

Holy Dung!

I defended the Diddle out this moron at the start of the year when he was playing well but its just been one goddam Dung bird mistake after another with him. What the F*CK!

So pissed right now.

Wasn't the late man Cowen's responsibility?

EDIT: From what the announcers were saying, it sure sounded like Cowen should have been looking for the late man.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:

Holy Dung!

So pissed right now.

EDIT: From what the announcers were saying, it sure sounded like Cowen should have been looking for the late man.

Always blame the vet. Always.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, Cowen came over from his side over to "help out" I guess.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Spezza's flying tonight, but 105 mph means squat if you keep shooting it a couple of feet over the net.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I could be wrong, but I think this game will end 2-1. Maybe 1-2.

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

spader wrote:

Holy Dung!

So pissed right now.

Gonchar backed off to almost our blueline when the puck was just exiting the Isles blueline. He's such a slow Diddle that he is consistently out of position and this was just another example of how it costs us. We should continue the rebuild in earnest and liquidate the Kuba's, Gonchar's and Konopka's before the deadline.

This team cannot contend with this D-core. Karlsson (while still improving) is a liability (all zones) at key intervals. Cowen's offense isn't properly developed and it shows game-in, game-out. Phillips doesn't have a reliable/consistent partner and it shows. Carkner is a 6/7 on a bad team, debatable if he fits on a good team. Kuba has no urgency in his game, ever! Even when there's 3 seconds left on the clock and he just has to hurry a pivot to find a lane to send it to the net. And Gonchar... Cussing Gonchar. That is all.

Then there's the forward core that has debatable written all over it. Spezza's a no-show in 50% of the games he plays. Michalek's cy-young performance isn't a fluke and it's not like his linemates (primarily Spezza) are bereft of goal scoring ability. Alfie doesn't have that same killer instinct that made him our best offensive player for years. I have no real complaints about Turris, beyond the fact that he's consistently our best player these days (obviously that's not intended as a slight to him). And those are our top-6 talents. Then there's Greening, Foligno, and possibly Smith and Condra who are all definitely best suited to (scoring) 3rd line roles on contending teams. Neil is not a 1st PP option and it baffles me that we still go there despite the fact that the PP has been Dung (!!) for a while. The 4th line aren't talents you'll find on contending teams.

It's been a nice resurgence for the team but it wouldn't shock me to see them miss the playoffs. All you have to do is consider how piss poor their defensive coverage has been plus how frequently they've required miracle comebacks to win and it's fairly evident that the rebuild remains incomplete.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

FIAL.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum