GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Nashville @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Thursday, February 9, 2012

+13
Ev
PTFlea
sandysensfan
SensHulk
TheAvatar
wprager
SeawaySensFan
Riprock
Number Twenty Nine
shabbs
tim1_2
Cap'n Clutch
stempniaksen
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

WELCOME BACK, KOTTER (UMM...FISHER)

GAME DAY: Nashville @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Thursday, February 9, 2012 2nsvrsl

PREDATORS (32-17-5) at SENATORS (27-22-7)

TV: FS-Tennessee, SNET-East

LAST 10: Nashville 7-2-1; Ottawa 2-7-1

Predators: Nashville posted an impressive 11-2-0 record in January but did little more than tread water in the NHL's best division -- one in which four teams have more points than two of the League's division leaders. After a big win against division rival St. Louis on Saturday, the Predators hoped to continue their hot play against the Canucks Tuesday night. The Predators got off to a rough start against Vancouver, falling behind 3-1 due in large part to goals from Byron Bitz and Daniel Sedin scored just 23 seconds apart. But Sergei Kostitsyn and Mike Fisher replied in the second, finding the back of the net in a 62-second span to get the Predators even. The third period and overtime solved nothing and Alex Edler beat Pekka Rinne in the sixth round of the shootout, sealing an 4-3 win in which the teams combined for 71 shots, 40 by Nashville.

Senators: Ottawa's seven-game slide has mostly undone the earlier run that put the Senators squarely in the middle of the Eastern Conference playoff race. When the Senators started February with a season-long five-game road trip, the hope was the team could rebound from a 2-4-0 road trip that closed out January. But any hope of a resurgence was dashed when Ottawa started the homestand 0-2-1, scoring two goals along the way. After a 5-0 thrashing at the hands of the Maple Leafs on Saturday, the Senators welcomed former teammate Brian Elliott and the St. Louis Blues on Tuesday. Against the Blues, Ottawa fell behind early when St. Louis scored twice in the opening 3:49, compelling coach Paul MacLean to play backup goaltender Alex Auld after Craig Anderson allowed two goals on four shots. The move would inspire the Senators, who got a goal from Daniel Alfredsson and outshot the Sens 12-5 in the second period. But David Perron's second goal of the game effectively iced a 3-1 Blues victory in which Ottawa outshot St. Louis 29-18.

Puck Drop: After 11 seasons with the Senators, this will be Fisher's first game in Ottawa as a member of the visiting team. Don't be too surprised if coach Barry Trotz elects to let Fisher's line open the game --- giving the fans in Ottawa a chance to recognize Fisher's time with the Senators and give him a chance to get that opening shift out the way. "I've been looking forward to it for a long time, but I'm sure it is going to be a little strange going into the visiting locker room," Fisher told the Predators' website. "But that being said, as an athlete you get ready for playoff games and there are different emotions, excitement and you have to learn to just channel it. I'm sure (tomorrow night) will be a little like that. But you know what, when the puck drops it is all business and it is all the same." Still, Fisher has fond memories of his time up in Ottawa. "Those fans treated me so well for so long; I have a lot of good memories up there."

Injury Report: The Predators are icing a healthy lineup while Peter Regin (shoulder), Jesse Winchester (concussion), and Brian Lee (lower body) are on IR for Ottawa.

Stempy's Players to Watch: There haven't been many surprises on a tough Predators team this season. They still play the same hard nosed defensive game, and are still led by the three headed monster that is Shea Weber, Ryan Suter and Pekka Rinne. There is one surprise to note though, and that is the play of Martin Erat. Erat has long been one of Nashville's most talented players, but for whatever reason could never seem to get over the hump offensively. This year he is leading their team in points and is on pace for a career high in points. He has been an integral part of the Preds offense this season, and will be a big piece of any success this team has down the stretch.

GAME DAY: Nashville @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Thursday, February 9, 2012 2qtack7

The Sens have struggled mightily lately, and at this point it looks like it may take a single player to take the team on his back and will the Senators to victory. The man who has played that role for the last 15+ is Daniel Alfredsson, and there is no reason to believe that he can't do a few more times. Alfie will be relied upon to not only play an important role on the ice, but off it as well. Expect the seasoned veteran to step up to the challenge and stop the bleeding.

GAME DAY: Nashville @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Thursday, February 9, 2012 15yugwi

Stempy's Karma Zone: Cheering :KKK: Cheers TwoThumbsUp! Dancing Dumbo NOT! :spaz: PartyTime!

GAME DAY: Nashville @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Thursday, February 9, 2012 Mctcae

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Nicely done. I would have put a Fish called Wanda Mike personally but hey it's all good.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Congrats on 1000 Big Rig!!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Who starts tonight? Personally, I'd put Auld in again. He was solid, if unspectacular against the Blues. Matrix will probably get the call though.

We've not done well against former Sens lately...let's hope we break that streak.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sens need to snap this losing streak NOW. This is getting crazy. GO SENS GO!!!

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

I'm not sure I can watch this one to be honest.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I'll watch, and I really hope the fans welcome Mike back warmly. Sens just might surprise this game - they have been known to upset the better teams while losing to the poorer ones.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Via BooBoo: Craig Anderson is in the home end. I'm losing count but it would 19 straight I think.

Gonna ride him into the ground...

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Via BooBoo: Craig Anderson is in the home end. I'm losing count but it would 19 straight I think.

Nice to see The Gregger get a shot on Mike Fisher Night. Will there be a pre-game ceremony to signal Mike's return to the Capital?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Number Twenty Nine wrote:I'm not sure I can watch this one to be honest.

Why, you need a stream?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Riprock wrote:I'll watch, and I really hope the fans welcome Mike back warmly. Sens just might surprise this game - they have been known to upset the better teams while losing to the poorer ones.

I hope the fans welcome him warmly (and I'm sure they will) but I want someone on the Sens (maybe Konopka, maybe Neil, maybe Cowen, maybe all of them) welcome him hard.

I like Mike, I really do. Used to be one of my favorite Sens. And it's not like I want him to get hurt. But can you imagine the kind of message this would send if someone rocked him hard? He was great for the community and a real nice guy in the room, but this is hockey, and he's not wearing home Reds. Wins first. Take him out for beers after (and stick him with the tab).

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:Via BooBoo: Craig Anderson is in the home end. I'm losing count but it would 19 straight I think.

Nice to see The Gregger get a shot on Mike Fisher Night. Will there be a pre-game ceremony to signal Mike's return to the Capital?

No, just a #4 ceremony; #1000 !

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:

The ceremony will be for BigRig1000. Shame on you for suggesting otherwise.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Great minds think alike, eh Clutch?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

The ceremony will be for BigRig1000. Shame on you for suggesting otherwise.

No, no... pretty sure it's Mike Fisher Night.

GAME DAY: Nashville @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Thursday, February 9, 2012 Fishla10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum