GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: NY Islanders @ Ottawa, 7:30PM, Friday, February 3, 2012

+10
wprager
Ev
rooneypoo
Hoags
Riprock
spader
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 8]

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Daugavins is out there for every PK. Can't say he doesn't do anything. I saw him do what he should be doing. He was tenacious. Got hit, kept going, drove the net.

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

cash wrote:Gonchar is the worst Cussing defenseman Facepalm

Holy Dung!

I defended the Diddle out this moron at the start of the year when he was playing well but its just been one goddam Dung bird mistake after another with him. What the F*CK!

So pissed right now.

I can't believe how a vet D-man can be so useless. F*ck!

While he didn't have his best game....and he was quite bad, he wasn't the cause of the loss. I would even argue whether Cowen was the cause. He's a young gu¥ and he's going to make mistakes and he made a big one in the 3rd period. That said, what a piss poor night on the offense for our team. Every quality chance, the shot went wide and if not for a garbage fluke goal allowed by Nabby, we would have been shutout.

This was actually a disturbing effort, as well as the isles have been playing. All I kept hearing was 'must win! must win! first home game in so long' you'd think they'd have that extra jump in their game. There was no jump whatsoever. And Full marks to anderson to get us to overtime but that OT goal was just weak....what the fuk was he doing so way out of the blue paint? Eaton? the guy who hadn't scored a goal in 2 years? FFS Facepalm

Full marks to NYI. I actually think playing Anderson all these games is making the team complacent. They need a kick somewhere along the way...

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

also, this is wh¥ I've said that we need another veteran d-man to take some pressure of Cowen. Last night was a brutal game for him defensively. Offensively he showed some good poise but not enough to make me forget his gaffes. Karlsson wasn't good either.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:that being said, I am guaranteeing a win tomorrow night. Always happens in back-to-backs. They backed off a bit tonight because they were looking ahead, like last time.

I hope you're right that it was only the case of looking towards the leafs. However I don't think it looks good for ottawa tonight against toronto. I lack faith and with good reason, this team is way too comfortable and seems to be in some irrecoverable spot after blowing that 3-1 lead against Boston. Spezza isn't health¥ and Michalek is streaky/injured or something. Turris/Alfie can't provide offence every game

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:So, no one thinks Anderson was way too far out on that OT goal? Cowen was way deep when the Isles broke out and he didn't say with his man, resulting in an easy goal. Frustrating...

Easiest thing to do there is blame Carkner and Phillips.

For being on the bench during both goals against? Mmhhmok.

Bright side: the 4 game pointless streak is over. This was the first home game after a long road trip, usually an automatic loss (yeah,right). Bottom line is the Islanders played much better than their record indicates and the Senators appeared to be about as good as their recent record indicates. Spezza was good but he's not good enough to pick up his whole team, let alone his linemates, and Michalek has been horrible lately. I think his knee is bothering him, personally. Alfie looks tired again like he did last year. Time to shake up the lines a bit, I think.

By the way, no-one mentioned how O'Brien played. Honestly, I know I was watching mostly on the choppy stream, but I don't remember seeing him. Being invisible was Butler's job and he did it well. I thought this was meant to be a change.

JOB got limited time but he looked aight.....he's a speedy guy I think he just needs to shoot that puck a little more. That can be said for the whole team.

And Gonchar has to stop hesitating on the powerplay. He has some good looks to take the shot from the point but he passes it off always. I don't think he's scored a goal this year from the point; in fact I think he scored all his goals on rebounds all in one game!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

First we had Kovalev -- a player who "slows the game down". And now we have Gonchar, who seems to be doing the same thing. All I see when we are on the PK is the other team speeding things up with crisp passes, always on the move instead of standing in one place. Our PP used to do that, too. Actually our PP did pretty well in the Boston game -- I mean the last minute when they pulled Anderson. They moved it around well and I honestly believe that if that was a 5 on 4 instead of 6 on 5, and for a full two minutes, we would have scored. Then we actually *get* a PP in the Islanders game and what do we do with it? Nothing.

When's the last time the Sens drew a penalty without bleeding, anyway? Smith couldn't produce enough blood for 4 minutes but I did see red on his face. So,no mark, no foul as far as the Sens go.

Maybe it's time to stuff a capsule of fake blood in each nostril. Although bleeding from the nose didn't help Karlsson draw one. They probably thought he got a nose bled because he was picking his nose.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:I think Daugavins should be sent down and Petersson or Da Costa brought back up. Daugavins is fine, but he barely plays and he has not been as effective as he was in the first month or so.

They need to re-unite the Daug-Smith-Condra line.. they were pretty good at the beginning..

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:So, no one thinks Anderson was way too far out on that OT goal? Cowen was way deep when the Isles broke out and he didn't say with his man, resulting in an easy goal. Frustrating...

Easiest thing to do there is blame Carkner and Phillips.

For being on the bench during both goals against? Mmhhmok.

Bright side: the 4 game pointless streak is over. This was the first home game after a long road trip, usually an automatic loss (yeah,right). Bottom line is the Islanders played much better than their record indicates and the Senators appeared to be about as good as their recent record indicates. Spezza was good but he's not good enough to pick up his whole team, let alone his linemates, and Michalek has been horrible lately. I think his knee is bothering him, personally. Alfie looks tired again like he did last year. Time to shake up the lines a bit, I think.

By the way, no-one mentioned how O'Brien played. Honestly, I know I was watching mostly on the choppy stream, but I don't remember seeing him. Being invisible was Butler's job and he did it well. I thought this was meant to be a change.

Apparently Spezza has the flu and food poisoning.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Where did you read/hear that? I see nothing on twitter.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:Where did you read/hear that? I see nothing on twitter.
Cassie Campbell...

https://twitter.com/#!/CassieCampbell/status/165835762191958017

"No line up changes for Ott tonight -- Spezza dealing with flu/food poisoning according to McLean but will play"

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I didn't think they played that bad last night. New York played a near perfect road game and didn't give us much.

The two goals against were rookie mistakes that we can expect every game.

Only Spezza's line is bad, probably because he is sick/injured. The others were OK, Turris's line being the best.

This skid can't last forever, they bounced back after a brutal start to the season, they can do it again.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I never realized (or probably had forgotten) that spezzare means "to break" in Italian. So "spezza" means break or breaks.

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

Hoags wrote:
only problem is that one of those was made by a slow Donkey 15 year vet who was miles out of position.
wprager wrote:I never realized (or probably had forgotten) that spezzare means "to break" in Italian. So "spezza" means break or breaks.
random.
funny though, because Spezza takes a 5 game break every 5 games.

Scoreless in the last 5, so I'm predicting 1+2 from him tonight.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

benched Spezza in my fantasy league to turn the ship around for him

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

cash wrote:
Hoags wrote:
only problem is that one of those was made by a slow Donkey 15 year vet who was miles out of position.

What are you talking about? Gonchar was playing the right-side. I know he's a rightie but he plays the right side. On the first goal Cowen can *way* over from his side and left the right winger all alone.

On the second one Cowen stopped moving his feet and was coasting from before the blueline, and let the winger go right past him. He never recovered.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum