GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINAL 3 Ottawa Senators @ 0 NY Rangers Jan 12, 2012 7pm.

+15
KidKarlsson
Hobiesens
PTFlea
wprager
Flo The Action
spader
Hoags
SensHulk
ddt
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
TheAvatar
SeawaySensFan
Number Twenty Nine
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 11]

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

FINAL 3 Ottawa Senators @ 0 NY Rangers Jan 12, 2012 7pm. Brimley_325x300-1

VS

FINAL 3 Ottawa Senators @ 0 NY Rangers Jan 12, 2012 7pm. 250px-Fonz_Pic

SENATORS (23-15-6) at RANGERS (27-9-4)

TV: SNET-East, TVA, MSG (HD)

LAST 10: Ottawa 7-1-2; New York 9-1-0

Season Series: This is the third of four meetings, with the Rangers holding a 1-0-1 record in the first two contests. Both have been exciting, with the Senators rallying from a three-goal third period deficit to win 5-4 in a shootout at Madison Square Garden on Oct. 29 in the Rangers' home opener. The Rangers responded Nov. 9 with a 3-2 win at Scotiabank Place.

Big Story: Two of the NHL's hottest teams are meeting for the first time in more than two months. The Rangers have won five straight and 10 of 11 while the Senators are 8-1-2 in their last 11 games.

Team Scope:

Senators: A 10-game road swing with one home game sprinkled into the mix started Tuesday in Pittsburgh. The Senators started off the right way, pasting the Penguins 5-1.

A contest against the No. 1 team in the NHL could be looked at as a measuring-stick game, but center Jason Spezza instead is looking at this road swing as the measuring stick.

"This whole trip is. We're not going to live or die by one game," Spezza said. "This trip is a measuring stick for us. This is a real tough trip, and we're just trying to be real short-sighted with how we approach it, because it can be a real daunting task if you look at the big picture. It's definitely a big game for us, but we're kind of using the whole trip as the test."

Rangers: It was another complete performance against the Coyotes on Tuesday, a 2-1 shootout victory in which the Rangers received a contribution from outside their top two lines.

Ruslan Fedotenko scored the Rangers' only goal in regulation. Along with Brian Boyle and Carl Hagelin, the third line was the Rangers' best for long stretches. Derek Stepan netted the shootout winner in the sixth round, but it was depth that helped the Rangers stay hot.

"Feds has been playing well, but hasn't been rewarded," Rangers coach John Tortorella said. "Boyle put up a few chances tonight, but still isn't rewarded. I thought it was one of our better lines."

Who's Hot: Since arriving in a trade, Senators forward Kyle Turris has one goal and seven assists in 11 games.

Injury Report: The Senators are without forwards Peter Regin (shoulder) and Jesse Winchester (concussion). Defenseman Erik Karlsson missed Tuesday's game with an upper-body injury, but he's expected to be back against the Rangers. … The Rangers are still without defensemenMichael Sauer (concussion) and Steve Eminger (shoulder).

Stat Pack: The Senators and Rangers are the League's two best teams when trailing after two periods. Both sport .300 winning percentages, with the Rangers going 3-6-1 and the Senators going 6-13-1.

Puck Drop: " They're a great team. They're rolling really well right now. We're coming off a pretty good streak right now too. It's going to be a hard-fought battle. All we have to do is stick with what we're doing and what works for us. We're not going to focus too much on them. We know they're playing well, but we have to do what we need to do to have success." -- Senators coach Paul MacLean on facing the Rangers

---------------
from the Sun
--------------

Thursday, 7 p.m., Madison Square Garden

TV: Sportsnet East, TVA Sports. Radio: Team 1200

SPECIAL TEAMS

OTT: PP 17.8%, No. 16; 79.9%, No. 25
NYR: PP 15.2%, No. 12; 86.8%, No. 12

LAST FIVE

Rangers

NYR 2, PHX 1 (S0)
NYR 3, PIT 1
NYR 3, FLA 2
NYR 3, PHI 2
NYR 4, FLA 1

Senators

OTT 5, PIT 1
OTT 6, PHI 4
PHI 3, OTT 2 (OT)
OTT 4, TBL 1
OTT 3, NJD 2 (OT)

SIZING UP THE SIDES

Forwards: NYR

Signed as a UFA, Richards has been good fit in NYC

Defence: OTT

Sens will be fine as long as Karlsson plays

Goaltending: NYR

Lundqvist is one of the best goalies in the world

Power play: Even

Surprisingly, the Rangers haven¹t dominated here

Penalty Killing: NYR

Rangers are one of the NHL¹s best in this area

Coaching: Even

MacLean and Tortorella have the attention of teams

Overall: NYR

Rangers are the East¹s top-ranked team

LINEUPS

New York

Forwards

Brandon Dubinsky-Brad Richards-Ryan Callahan
Artem Anisimov-Derek Stepan-Marian Gaborik
Carl Hagelin-Brian Boyle-Ruslan Fedotenko
Mike Rupp-John Mitchell-Brandon Prust

Defence

Ryan McDonagh-Dan Girardi
Michael Del Zotto-Anton Stralman
Marc Staal-Stu Bickel

Goaltenders

Henrik Lundqvist
Martin Biron

Ottawa

Forwards

Colin Greening-Jason Spezza-Milan Michalek
Erik Condra-Kyle Turris-Daniel Alfredsson
Nick Foligno-Zack Smith-Chris Neil
Kaspars Daugavins-Zenon Konopka-Bobby Butler

Defence

Filip Kuba-Erik Karlsson
Jared Cowen-Sergei Gonchar
Chris Phillips-Matt Carkner

Goalies

Craig Anderson
Alex Auld

PLUS

Ottawa C Jason Spezza has led the attack. He has 6-13-19 points in his last 16 games. G Craig Anderson is a 6-0-1 in his last seven games. He has given up 13 goals in that stretch ... RW Chris Neil has goals in two straight games and has four goals in his last 10. Neil is only point short of the 15 he had in 2010-11 ... LW Milan Michalek, who had a two goal performance in the victory over the Pens, is only four goals shy of the 26 he scored in 2006-07 with the Sharks ... C Kyle Turris has eight points in 11 games with Ottawa since being acquired from the Coyotes for D David Rundblad.

MINUS

G Henrik Lundqvist has won seven straight and has allowed only eight goals in that span. He picked up his 39th career shootout victory against the Coyotes. That moved him ahead of Devils G Martin Brodeur on the all-time list ... LW Brandon Dubinsky left Tuesday¹s game against the Coyotes after getting nailed by Taylor Pyatt. Coach John Tortorella said he was fine ... The Senators are 1-1-0 against the Rangers this season. Ottawa scored a 5-4 victory at MSG on Oct. 29th and dropped a 3-2 decision at home on Nov. 9.

INJURIES

SENS: C Peter Regin (shoulder); C Jesse Winchester (concussion).
RANGERS: D Steve Eminger (shoulder); D Michael Sauer (concussion).

ONLINE EXTRA

You can¹t accuse John Tortorella of not getting the most out of his players. The Rangers coach was so upset with the way they were working in practice Monday he threw the players off the ice. The result: A hard-fought victory over the Coyotes Tuesday at home and the club remained in the top spot in the East. "We just figured we¹d start again," Tortorella told the New York media. "We¹ve found ways to win some games, and when you¹re getting points, it¹s human nature to forget about the details. ... That¹s the only way this team can win, making sure they understand their details and stay consistent with it. I¹ve said it all year long. I trust this group. I just don¹t want them to slip. You guys are talking about stuff I don¹t even know why you¹re talking about it. ... We have so much more work to do with this club, and I just don¹t want us to get ahead of ourselves. We¹re heading down the right road. I just want us to stay on the right road and not detour anywhere."

Last edited by Number Twenty Nine on Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:02 pm; edited 2 times in total

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Will the Rags get served a steaming bowl of oatmeal or will the Sens have to sit on it?

Time will tell.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Priceless!

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

I'm not used to not seeing GDT, so much so, that since one wasn't up, I didn't remember they were playing today...... I'll stick to my day job...

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:Will the Rags get served a steaming bowl of oatmeal or will the Sens have to sit on it?

Time will tell.

or

will they BEETUS or will we BEET-THEM

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Let's Diddle those Wing Dang Doodle up. 24/7 primadonna prettyboys.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I came across this GDT from last season:

FINAL 3 Ottawa Senators @ 0 NY Rangers Jan 12, 2012 7pm. Ralphopening

VS

FINAL 3 Ottawa Senators @ 0 NY Rangers Jan 12, 2012 7pm. 250px-Fonz_Pic

fun times.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

FYI Brodeur had 103 shutouts in 2009 which far exceeds Lundqvist's 39.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

PMac did confirm Karlsson will be in tonight.

ddt

ddt
Rookie
Rookie

Number Twenty Nine wrote:SPECIAL TEAMS

OTT: PP 17.8%, No. 16; 79.9%, No. 25
NYR: PP 15.2%, No. 12; 86.8%, No. 12

Rangers are 20th on the PP.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Nice GDT #29. Bet that victory from Tuesday night is still tasting sweet for you.....

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:PMac did confirm Karlsson will be in tonight.

TONIGHT?!?!?!?!?!?!? Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Looks like Wolski will be playing, I wonder if anyone on the Sens will take advantage of this opportunity.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:Looks like Wolski will be playing, I wonder if anyone on the Sens will take advantage of this opportunity.

No real opportunity here. Deputy Douchebag would come down pretty hard. Smart thing for Wolski to do would be to spear Karlsson in the nads. Then Karlsson would be suspended for taking a spear to the nads because Clouston argued calls. Fact.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

GO SENS GO!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 11]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum