GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Bonanza 2012! Speculation, Rumours, the Works!

+23
KidKarlsson
Flo The Action
rooneypoo
Ev
Da lil Guy
TheAvatar
Number Twenty Nine
stempniaksen
SensHulk
spader
Cap'n Clutch
BigRig
Oglethorpe
cash
NEELY
dennycrane
wprager
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
tim1_2
shabbs
PTFlea
Riprock
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 50 of 67]

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:Can anyone point me to the Trade Bonanza 2012 thread?

This entire discussion is a clever, backhanded comment on the complete lack of trade bonanza-inesss. Vertigo

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Riprock wrote:I was at UTM (University of Toronto Mississauga Campus) and while a beautiful landscape, it was tiny. Carleton is massive (to me). And the scenery is nice, though it is a bit of a pain to travel to from Barrhaven.

What's everyone taking? I'm doing a concentration in Philosophy, Public Affairs and Ethics.

UTM? I just, just applied for a one-year teaching gig there. Glad to hear its so much smaller.

oh god. Will that not turn you into a Leafs fan ?!?

Hells no. I'll just have to get the NHL Game Centre. Other possible work destinations include Florida and Louisiana, and I have no intention of becoming a TB, FLA, or NFL fan. Smile

Tampa Bay is an interesting team to watch. I could get into it. They'd always be my #2 team though. Smile

TheAvatar

Veteran
Veteran

We're making a statement here. If you want real Bonanza, try :

http://www.hockeybuzz.com

Smile

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:

This entire discussion is a clever, backhanded comment on the complete lack of trade bonanza-inesss. Vertigo

Here's a bombshell: Remember when Dreger and Bob McKenzie said last week that Ruutu would be traded "this week?" Now this week is "this week" which was supposed to be last week. I would say "more to come" but that is now my signature because there really always is "more to come" whenever I post something.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

TheAvatar wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Riprock wrote:I was at UTM (University of Toronto Mississauga Campus) and while a beautiful landscape, it was tiny. Carleton is massive (to me). And the scenery is nice, though it is a bit of a pain to travel to from Barrhaven.

What's everyone taking? I'm doing a concentration in Philosophy, Public Affairs and Ethics.

UTM? I just, just applied for a one-year teaching gig there. Glad to hear its so much smaller.

oh god. Will that not turn you into a Leafs fan ?!?

Hells no. I'll just have to get the NHL Game Centre. Other possible work destinations include Florida and Louisiana, and I have no intention of becoming a TB, FLA, or NFL fan. Smile

Tampa Bay is an interesting team to watch. I could get into it. They'd always be my #2 team though. Smile

My potential work destination in FLA would be about 100 miles in between Miami & Tampa. I Dung you not -- in my phone interview, one of the members of the search committee, knowing I was Canadian, mentioned this fact to me as a selling point. Smile

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Good luck in the job search.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I'm doing a B.Ed. at Ottawa. All those rumours you heard about the teacher education program being a joke are true. It's pretty painful. One teacher is particularly bad. He likes to talk about how he uses humiliation in the classroom to "motivate" students. Facepalm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Sounds like Mr. Dee haha

I haven't heard much about the B.Ed program, and my brother's a H.S. teacher. I guess it depends on the teacher's you have and the teacher's college you are at.

All I know is that the teaching industry (at least in Ontario) is over-saturated.

Have you done any placements yet?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think you really want to go to "Tirade Bonanza 2012" thread, don't you?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I took a guess a while back that Ruutu will re-sign with Carolina - I still think that's a huge possibility.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:I took a guess a while back that Ruutu will re-sign with Carolina - I still think that's a huge possibility.

Your guess was much more specific than that. Sneaky

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

spader wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I took a guess a while back that Ruutu will re-sign with Carolina - I still think that's a huge possibility.

As SSF would say ...

Source ?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:

Was it?

Edit: Oh yeah, we have a bet...

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
spader wrote:

Was it?

Sneaky

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
spader wrote:

Was it?

Sneaky

I hope you're prepared to lose that one. Laugh1

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

TheAvatar wrote:
spader wrote:

As SSF would say ...

Source ?

Actually, SSF would say ...

Trade Bonanza 2012! Speculation, Rumours, the Works! - Page 50 118-3411

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
spader wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
spader wrote:

Was it?

Sneaky

I hope you're prepared to lose that one. Laugh1

We'll see. So, just to refresh my memory, you win if he re-ups in Carolina for more than 2 years at more than $4M per, and I win in every other scenario. Got it. Nod

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, that's it.

We'll see. What's your actual guess out of curiousity?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 50 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 58 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum