GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will the Sens be "all-in" on Zach Parise?

+17
Number Twenty Nine
Cap'n Clutch
dennycrane
NEELY
Ev
wprager
stempniaksen
spader
Flo The Action
SensHulk
LeCaptain
rooneypoo
tim1_2
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
Riprock
PTFlea
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 13]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Yeah, doesn't apply to guys like Karlsson and Parise - even if Melnyk would like to think it does.

Who knows what his financial situation is though ? I remember Cyril Leeder's rant about that tax break being potentially eliminated....

I just think after Heatley he's wary of big money/long term contracts, we all know how much that whole situation pissed him off, I think he just wants to see money spent wisely and not spend to the cap just for the sake of spending to the cap.

Parise would require a Kovalchuk-like contract, Melnyk may not want to commit to something like that, regardless whether he can afford it.

I think that he will after talking to Murray, but yeah, the Heatley contract was a pain in the arse for him especially. The court date for that is coming up BTW, I think in June (?).

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Totally forgot about the Heatley vs Melnyk thing... GO MELNYK GO!!!

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't see how he could win this case. Heatley had a nmc, it's not like he didn't show up for work, he vetoed a trade. Good money after bad paying for court fees - although I hope he wins obviously.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah... I guess he's just angry and trying anything and everything... contract is a contract.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

He may just want Heatley to suffer monetarily, by paying for lawyers and his court fees. It would be a bit petty, but Melnyk has lawyers on retainer I'm sure, he might as well use them.

186Will the Sens be "all-in" on Zach Parise? - Page 13 Empty Re: Will the Sens be "all-in" on Zach Parise? Wed May 02, 2012 10:10 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:I don't see how he could win this case. Heatley had a nmc, it's not like he didn't show up for work, he vetoed a trade. Good money after bad paying for court fees - although I hope he wins obviously.

I believe the Sens claim Heatley's agents gave them permission to talk to the Oilers (implying he'd accept a trade there). Also loss of ticket sales due to Heatley stringing us along. Not a whole lot there but I seem to recall the NHL saying Melnyk may have a case.

No team wanted to trade with until after Heatley got his July 1st bonus, I think Melnyk wants that $4M back (Sharks would have to pay it I believe).

187Will the Sens be "all-in" on Zach Parise? - Page 13 Empty Re: Will the Sens be "all-in" on Zach Parise? Wed May 02, 2012 10:35 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The Silfer Server wrote:He may just want Heatley to suffer monetarily, by paying for lawyers and his court fees. It would be a bit petty, but Melnyk has lawyers on retainer I'm sure, he might as well use them.

That might be it actually. Although, the NHLPA might represent Heatley on this.

188Will the Sens be "all-in" on Zach Parise? - Page 13 Empty Re: Will the Sens be "all-in" on Zach Parise? Wed May 02, 2012 10:40 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I don't see how he could win this case. Heatley had a nmc, it's not like he didn't show up for work, he vetoed a trade. Good money after bad paying for court fees - although I hope he wins obviously.

I believe the Sens claim Heatley's agents gave them permission to talk to the Oilers (implying he'd accept a trade there). Also loss of ticket sales due to Heatley stringing us along. Not a whole lot there but I seem to recall the NHL saying Melnyk may have a case.

No team wanted to trade with until after Heatley got his July 1st bonus, I think Melnyk wants that $4M back (Sharks would have to pay it I believe).

That's my understanding. As far as I remember, he wants to recover that money since it was intended as a bonus to be paid to Heatley for him to play for the Sens. Since his actions caused that to be impossible, EM wants it back. I can't imagine that he'll win, but I think it all comes down to the wording in the contract. Shrug

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

It's too bad Nashville has an internal cap. Seems like Parise would be a great fit there, plus they could keep Suter.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum