GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will the Sens be "all-in" on Zach Parise?

+17
Number Twenty Nine
Cap'n Clutch
dennycrane
NEELY
Ev
wprager
stempniaksen
spader
Flo The Action
SensHulk
LeCaptain
rooneypoo
tim1_2
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
Riprock
PTFlea
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 13]

166Will the Sens be "all-in" on Zach Parise? - Page 12 Empty Re: Will the Sens be "all-in" on Zach Parise? Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:40 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:well it looks like they won't be all-in for anybody as Melnyk just said they can't spend toe-to-toe with high market teams.

go Diddle yourself bub. I thought you were rich. I thought you would spend if needed.

At least he finally admits it. I've been saying this for months now. Beer

167Will the Sens be "all-in" on Zach Parise? - Page 12 Empty Re: Will the Sens be "all-in" on Zach Parise? Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:42 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

No reason to spend stupid amounts of money, hasn't worked for NYR for 20 years and their MVP was a draft pick.

Anyways, the cap is probably coming down again with the new CBA and players money won't go into the "just in case" fund.

The way to build a team is with intelligence, anyone can throw money at a player.

168Will the Sens be "all-in" on Zach Parise? - Page 12 Empty Re: Will the Sens be "all-in" on Zach Parise? Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:44 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:No reason to spend stupid amounts of money, hasn't worked for NYR for 20 years and their MVP was a draft pick.

Anyways, the cap is probably coming down again with the new CBA and players money won't go into the "just in case" fund.

The way to build a team is with intelligence, anyone can throw money at a player.

Fair enough. I just happen to think that part of building with intelligence might take a little spending.

169Will the Sens be "all-in" on Zach Parise? - Page 12 Empty Re: Will the Sens be "all-in" on Zach Parise? Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:45 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It would be intelligent to sign Zach Parise. It wouldn't be intelligent to sign Jagr to millions.

170Will the Sens be "all-in" on Zach Parise? - Page 12 Empty Re: Will the Sens be "all-in" on Zach Parise? Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:46 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:It would be intelligent to sign Zach Parise. It wouldn't be intelligent to sign Jagr to millions.

That's what I was getting at.

171Will the Sens be "all-in" on Zach Parise? - Page 12 Empty Re: Will the Sens be "all-in" on Zach Parise? Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:52 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:well it looks like they won't be all-in for anybody as Melnyk just said they can't spend toe-to-toe with high market teams.

go Diddle yourself bub. I thought you were rich. I thought you would spend if needed.

He's been spending to the cap the last few years and the team is more successful being near the floor after this year. I don't think he's a big fan of spending (barring any other financial problems he may have).

He's always said the team has to make it to the 2nd round (or is it past it) to break even spending to the cap. Until we're at that level where getting to the 2nd round and beyond is pretty much a certainty it doesn't make sense to throw money around.

172Will the Sens be "all-in" on Zach Parise? - Page 12 Empty Re: Will the Sens be "all-in" on Zach Parise? Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:23 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Will the Sens be "all-in" on Zach Parise? - Page 12 Allins10

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Big Ev wrote:Also, did you mean Bottom 4?
I'm sure he did. Heh. Top 6 D = Bottom 6 D. Wink

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

No matter what Melnyk says, we'll be after Parise along with 15 other teams.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Buckle up!!!

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:No matter what Melnyk says, we'll be after Parise along with 15 other teams.

Are you referring about Melnyk's recent comments about hoping Karlsson's contract demands being reasonable and that we have a budget ?

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Hoags wrote:

He's been spending to the cap the last few years and the team is more successful being near the floor after this year. I don't think he's a big fan of spending (barring any other financial problems he may have).

He's always said the team has to make it to the 2nd round (or is it past it) to break even spending to the cap. Until we're at that level where getting to the 2nd round and beyond is pretty much a certainty it doesn't make sense to throw money around.

Don't forget his divorce... does he still have the financial means to spend to the Cap? If Parise wanted to sign in Ottawa.. would he turn him down? Will he send Karlsson packing if he wants too much money? It's a downright scary turn.. and I'm sure will scare off good potential UFA's... Why does he not just keep his mouth shut at times?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:No matter what Melnyk says, we'll be after Parise along with 15 other teams.

Are you referring about Melnyk's recent comments about hoping Karlsson's contract demands being reasonable and that we have a budget ?

Yeah, doesn't apply to guys like Karlsson and Parise - even if Melnyk would like to think it does.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Yeah, doesn't apply to guys like Karlsson and Parise - even if Melnyk would like to think it does.

Who knows what his financial situation is though ? I remember Cyril Leeder's rant about that tax break being potentially eliminated....

I just think after Heatley he's wary of big money/long term contracts, we all know how much that whole situation pissed him off, I think he just wants to see money spent wisely and not spend to the cap just for the sake of spending to the cap.

Parise would require a Kovalchuk-like contract, Melnyk may not want to commit to something like that, regardless whether he can afford it.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Buckle up!!!

Yeehaw!!! Beer

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Who knows what his financial situation is though ? I remember Cyril Leeder's rant about that tax break being potentially eliminated....

I just think after Heatley he's wary of big money/long term contracts, we all know how much that whole situation pissed him off, I think he just wants to see money spent wisely and not spend to the cap just for the sake of spending to the cap.

Parise would require a Kovalchuk-like contract, Melnyk may not want to commit to something like that, regardless whether he can afford it.

I think that he will after talking to Murray, but yeah, the Heatley contract was a pain in the arse for him especially. The court date for that is coming up BTW, I think in June (?).

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Totally forgot about the Heatley vs Melnyk thing... GO MELNYK GO!!!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't see how he could win this case. Heatley had a nmc, it's not like he didn't show up for work, he vetoed a trade. Good money after bad paying for court fees - although I hope he wins obviously.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum